Wednesday December 13, 2017
Home Uncategorized ACB Chief Mee...

ACB Chief Meena faces non-bailable warrant: CNG scam

0
25

By NewsGram Staff Writer

New Delhi: The inquiry commission set up by the Delhi government issued a non-bailable warrant against Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) chief MK Meena for not appearing before the Special Investigation Team.

2015-09-12_0038
naidunia.jagran.com

The commission has also ordered to deduct 30 percent of his salary every month.

Earlier on September 3, one-member probe panel headed by Justice (retired) S.N. Agarwal had asked Meena to appear before it as Meena had given directions to his subordinates not to share information pertaining to the CNG scam.

On August 11, the Arvind Kejriwal government had announced the appointment of a commission of inquiry to be headed by the retired Delhi High Court judge to probe the multi-crore CNG fitness scam in which a number of officials of the previous Sheila Dikshit government were under the scanner.

The probe in the CNG fitness scam has pitted the city and the central governments against each other, with the union home ministry declaring the commission of inquiry set up by the Delhi government as legally invalid.

The Centre had also said the probe will be continued by the ACB.

However, the AAP government has said it will not pay heed to the Centre’s decree.

Meanwhile, the ACB had decided to file the charge sheet for the case.

The control of the ACB is one of the contentious issues between the Delhi government and Lt. Governor Najeeb Jung.

The CNG fitness scam surfaced in 2012 when ACB found that the Delhi government had lost over Rs.100 crore by awarding the contract to operate and maintain certification of CNG vehicles at the transport authority in Burari to ESP India Private Limited, instead of ESP USA.

(With inputs from IANS)

Next Story

PWD Scam: Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) filed 3 FIRs against Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal

The court was informed that the complainant Rahul Sharma had recently been attacked by two unknown biker who even fired gunshots at him

0
49
No List No Donation Campaign in New Delhi
  • ACB registered three FIRs on its own on May 8
  • Rahul Sharma, the victim who filed the complaint is the founder of Roads Anti-Corruption Organisation (RACO)
  • Sharma was recently attacked by two unknown bikers who even fired gunshots at him

New Delhi, June 2, 2017: A Delhi Court was informed by the Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) today that in an alleged PWD scam three separate FIRs on a criminal complaint had been filed against Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and others.

Metropolitan Magistrate Abhilash Malhotra took the initiative of directing the Assistant Commissioner of ACB to look into the threat perception on the complainant Rahul Sharma once again after the court was informed that he was recently attacked by two unknown bikers who even fired gunshots at him.

NewsGram brings to you latest new stories in India.

According to PTI reports, the court was informed that ACB registered three FIRs on its own on May 8. The court also stated that the FIR that has been lodged regarding the recent attack on Rahul Sharma shows that the security of the victim was seriously threatened. This observation prompted the court to direct the ACB to file a status report on June 8 about this issue.

Sharma, the victim who filed the complaint is the founder of Roads Anti-Corruption Organisation (RACO). Sharma had been seeking direction to police to file a FIR against Kejriwal, his brother-in-law late Surender Bansal who was the proprietor of a construction firm and also a public servant for alleged abnormalities in the grant of contracts for sewer lines and roads in the capital. Bansal has since passed away.

– prepared by Durba Mandal of NewsGram. Twitter: @dubumerang

Next Story

Delhi govt forwards chargesheet against Meena to CVC

0
12

New Delhi: The Delhi government forwarded the chargesheet against Anti-Corruption Branch chief Mukesh Kumar Meena to the CVC in a case of buying curtains on higher rates for a police training college in 2005, on Tuesday.

Mukesh-Kumar-Meena-Delhi-Police-Joint-CommissionerMeena was principal of the college when the curtains were purchased.

“On June 18, the Delhi government had received a complaint (from retired inspector Jawahar Lal, who was posted with the Police Training college in 2005) regarding the purchase of curtains and curtain rods at higher prices,” a government official said.

“Today, we have forwarded the complaint to the CVC (Central Vigilance Commission) after inquiry,” he said.

In his capacity as principal of the (Police Training) college that year (2005), Meena procured curtain and curtain rods for approximately Rs. 20 lakh, though there is no record on the basis of which the demand was projected, the complaint made by Jawahar Lal said.

The complaint further alleged several deviations from the established norms and procedures.

“An inquiry report found out that the price of curtains that were bought was between Rs. 50 and Rs. 75 per metre, they were bought at a uniform price of Rs. 590 per metre,” the Delhi government official said.

“As many as 322 bills of less than Rs. 5,000 were fabricated to avoid the need of issuing tender,” he said, adding, that all the bills had same date and mentioned a non-existent company.

The complaint claims that several senior police officials, including then police commissioner K.K. Paul and others, had spoken against the “illegal purchases”.

(IANS)

Next Story

Home ministry holds no power to declare CNG scam probe illegal: Delhi govt

0
14
Manish Sisodia

By NewsGram Staff Writer

New Delhi: The Delhi government said on Wednesday, that the Union Home Ministry does not hold the authority to declare the city government’s probe into an alleged CNG fitness scam as illegal.

manish-sisodiaIn reply to a letter by Lt. Governor Najeeb Jung, which conveyed the home ministry’s view about the probe in the alleged multi-crore rupee scam, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said the Delhi government was neither a “subordinate department” of the home ministry nor “accountable” to it.

“Under the constitution, the Ministry of Home Affairs does not have the powers to declare any order of Government of NCT of Delhi (GNCTD) as void,” Sisodia said in the letter. “It is only the judiciary which has power to declare any order of GNCTD null and void,” he added.

“Ministry of Home Affairs seems to be attempting to encroach the domain of judiciary, which is dangerous,” Sisodia said in the letter.

A Central Bureau of Investigation probe had revealed irregularities in awarding the contract of operation and maintenance of inspection and certification of CNG vehicles — thereby causing a loss of Rs.100 crore to the Delhi government.

With inputs from IANS