Accidental fire breaks out in Central market, Lajpat Nagar



By NewsGram Staff Writer

A fire that broke out in Central market, Lajpat Nagar was successfully controlled by the fire department around 1.45 AM today.

A thick smog rose up from Vishal Rajasthan Emporium’s first and second floors, as the NewsGram team reached the area.

According to the authorities present at the site, the fire was accidental and caused by a short circuit somewhere on the top floor. Most bystanders felt that the short circuit was caused by the ongoing rain, which has been insistent for the past few days.

According to the Lajpat Nagar police station, visible flames were reported from the area at 11.47 PM. The fire was subdued within an hour.

Sparks also caused a minor fire to break out in front of KFC, which was also doused by the firemen.

No body was reported injured in both the incidents.