The Islamic State or the ISIS plans to attack a World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) event in Atlanta on Sunday evening, hacker group Anonymous which is engaged in a cyber war with the former following terror attacks in Paris said this week.
In the wake of deadly terrorist attacks in Paris, the group launched its operation against the ISIS.
“The FBI is aware of reports of an alleged threat that includes an Atlanta, Georgia venue and event. While we take all threats seriously, we do not have specific or credible information of an attack at this time,” the federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) told Channel 2 news.
“We have, however, made the proper notifications as we continue to work closely with our law enforcement and private sector partners to keep our community safe,” the government agency added.
However, FBI Special Agent in Charge J Britt Johnson of the Atlanta office said the agency did not have “specific or credible information of an attack,” The International Business Times reported.
Anonymous revealed on Saturday it has uncovered information about possible ISIS attacks in Paris as well as at locations in the US, Indonesia, Italy and Lebanon on Sunday.
OpParisIntel, a group within Anonymous, released a statement warning the ISIS is planning an attack at the WWE Survivor Series event in the Philips Arena in Atlanta Sunday at 7.30 p.m. EST, besides attacks at multiple places in Paris.
Meanwhile, WWE star Triple H took to twitter saying that the event will take place as planned.
.@WWE Survivor Series is currently scheduled as planned while we investigate reports with authorities.
— Triple H (@TripleH) November 21, 2015
While publishing the list of potential targets alongside a statement, the Anonymous said: “The goal is to make sure the whole world, or at least the people going to these events, know that there have been threats and that there is a possibility of an attack to happen. Another goal is to make sure Daesh knows that the world knows and cancels the attacks, which will disorientate them for a while.”
The targets listed by Anonymous are Cigales Electroniques with Vocodecks, RE-Play & Rawtor at Le Bizen (Paris); Concrete Invites Drumcode: Adam Beyer, Alan Fitzpatrick, Joel Mull at Concrete (Paris); Demonstration by Collectif du Droit des Femmes (Paris); Feast of Christ the King celebrations (Rome/Worldwide); Al-Jihad, One Day One Juz (Indonesia); Five Finger Death Punch (Milan); and University Pastoral Day (Holy Spirit University of Kaslik, Lebanon).
The Anonymous added: “We only appeared now because our goal was to remain undercover and report everything to the right authorities and let them take all the action. But when authorities do not take action, Anonymous does. This part of the op started last Monday and has [been] and will be active 24 hours a day as long as the op is going on.”
The Anonymous told the International Business Times that it had passed proof to the intelligence agencies of the UK and the US.
“If we share the proof [publicly], everyone will start calling it fake because screenshots can be edited and accounts can be deleted. We have purposely not shared account links publicly because they would be shut down immediately and then no one would believe the proof.”
Earlier this week, the Anonymous released a guide to catching the ISIS extremists amid claims that it has already found thousands of extremists online.
The ISIS in its guide – written in both French and English – asks its followers to report extremist Twitter accounts and also tells them how to find and hack accounts besides teaching them how to stay safe online.
The group has shared the full guide on Pastebin, a popular site that Anonymous and others use for posting statements. The site’s main feature is that allows users to host text files without being traceable.
The group says its efforts have already led to closing down of thousands of accounts.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 NewsGram