DHAKA: Cyclone Roanu has hit the Bangladesh coast, this afternoon leaving at least 6 people dead and about 50 injured. In the coastal districts of Chittagong, Bhola and Patuakhali, the strong winds have left hundreds of houses damaged and trees were uprooted. The Met office said the cyclone will cross the Chittagong coast on today as it started weakening after causing heavy rain.
Roanu has hit the coast Saturday afternoon at 80 kilometers per hour. Authorities have reported that about ten thousands of people left their homes to sit out the storm in more than 2,000 shelters. The gusty wind and the heavy rainfall caused heavy damage to the region’s mud-and-tin houses and about 5 people were killed in the southern districts, said officials.
The rain also resulted in the landslide in Sitakundu in Chittagong. A mother along with her child was killed when their home was buried in the slide, said a police inspector, Shah Alam to a news agency.
To avoid further accidents and damage, the movement of all vessels across the country was restricted by the Bangladesh Inland Water Transport Authority.
April is the month of changing weather. Be mindful of skin issues, and keep troubles away by exfoliating twice a week and by using a moisturiser with SPF in it, suggest experts.
Sham Kumar, Assistant Education Manager at Kiehl’s India, Geetika Mittal Gupta, Founder and Medical Director at ISAAC, and Shubhika Jain, founder of RAS Luxury Oils, have given inputs:
* Exfoliating your skin can really help in the rejuvenating your skin. Do so at least twice a week using the appropriate exfoliating products according to the skin type like face scrubs, exfoliating face masques.
This removes dead cells, dull skin-debris, improving hydration from toners and moisturisers.
* Use a nourishing facial oil before applying SPF lotions.
* Peels can really help breaking the toughest layers of dead skin, we recommend a gentle peel with the quinoa husk extract (super food) which is known for ultimate exfoliating properties, gentle on skin, safe for acne prone and even sensitive skin types.
* Antioxidants can really help in rejuvenation of skin cells. Pure vitamin C in the serums and moisturisers rejuvenates skin and known for other benefits like boosting collagen and elastin production in your skin, protection from free radicals.
* Follow the correct skincare regimen during evening time. Some of the essentials oils that can help rejuvenate skin at night are primrose oil, which is extracted from the ripe seeds of the evening primrose.
It contains essential fatty acids that the body cannot produce on its own that help to repair the skin barrier while maintaining hydration and elasticity. Lavender oil has soothing and calming properties, this oil helps skin looking brighter and healthier.
* A vitamin-C serum is a must in every woman’s arsenal. It is a powerful antioxidant to combat the effects of free radical damage due to air pollution. It leaves the skin with a soft dewy glow all over.
* Retinol being one of the richest sources of vitamin A, combats wrinkles, smoothens the skin and slows the overall signs of ageing over time.
* Never neglect on a healthy nutritious diet. It is crucial to maintain a healthy and youthful skin. Stay away from inflammatory foods such as excessive oil, dairy and opt for plenty of fruits and vegetables.
* Hydrate your body by drinking plenty of water everyday to add to the glow of your skin.
* Keep your skin hydrated by using hydrosols — floral waters made from the steam distillation of various plant materials. Rose is highly recommended as not only does it have a refreshing scent, it is anti-inflammatory and helps maintain the skins PH balance. BollywoodCountry