- Sushri Ananda , a 33-year-old Hindu woman, who is the General Secretary of Brahma Vidya Peetham, became the first ever person to become a sanyasi outside of India by getting initiated by Swami Avdheshanand Giri ji Maharaj
- Before her, Swami Avdheshanand has never initiated anyone into ‘sanyas’ outside of India
- The event took place at Brahma Vidya Peetham International Headquarters in Caratal in the town of Gasparillo in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
Sushri Ananda is 33-year Hindu woman who lives in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. She happens to be the General Secretary of Brahma Vidya Peetham . She was welcomed into ‘sanyas’, rather initiated into the life of saffron robes and spirituality, recently. What makes her unique is that she is the first person to get initiated into the ‘sanyas’ in a place like the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
The event was led by Brahma Swarupanandaji and took place at Brahma Vidya Peetham International Headquarters in Caratal, Gasparillo from July 1-4. Swami Avdheshanand Giri Ji Maharaj, who happens to be the head of all sannyasi groups in India, initiated Sushri Ananda into ‘sanyas’. It is the first time that he initiated someone into ‘sanyas’, outside of India. Swami Avdheshanand Giriji Maharaj is also known as Swami Mahamandaleshwar because he is the leader of a leading organisation of millions of sadhus, Sripanchdasnaam Juna Akhada of India, reported theindiandiaspora.com Website.
Follow NewsGram on Twitter: @newsgram1
The ceremony of initiation comprised of a number of a number of events –
- Mundan Sanskar – The part where the head is shaved.
- Mantra Initiation – When incantations are recited to proceed with the ceremony of initiation.
- Reception of Sanyasi Clothes – Which is when the aspiring sanyasi is handed over his saffron clothes.
- Name Changing Ceremony – After the aforementioned rituals are completed, the name of the sanyasi is changed.
- Numerous Pujas – Several Pujas take place afterwards with Vedic Mantras being chanted in the course of them.
Follow NewsGram on Facebook: @NewsGram2
After the ceremonies were over, Sushri Ananda changed her name to become Sadhavi Aananand Magi Giri Maharaj. Now, she adorns saffron garments and has resigned from enjoying the worldly pleasures.
This ceremony mainly took place during the first two days of the event and there was cultural evenings and Pujas every day. There were meals that were served to the people present, as well. Several people came over from Britain, Holland, Denmark, US, Barbados, Guyana, Suriname, St Lucia, French Guiana, Aruna, and India to Trinidad and Tobago to witness the ceremony of initiation.
– prepared by NewsGram team.
ALSO READ :
- Science behind why monks and sanyasis have a shaved head
- Dalit IAS Officer Shashi Karnawat announces to become a “Sanyasin”
- Atmananda: An Austrian woman who became a devoted Hindu sadhvi