New Delhi, Nov 26, 2017: Amongst all the bridal make-up tips, getting your skin to look healthy and glowing on the wedding day is very important. Simply taking care of it a week before the day is not enough. Your skin needs time to take in nourishment and treatments, says an expert.
Kalpana Sharma, make-up artist from The Body Shop, has listed some tips on bridal make-up in winter.
* Overdoing the treatments may lead to further damage. Make time for yourself and indulge in the treatments at least six weeks prior to the ceremony to give your skin time to work. In winters, the face has a tendency to look darker and duller due to dryness in the atmosphere. So, you should use and apply the right foundation to look flawless and patch less.
NewsGrambrings to you latest new stories in India.
* Indian brides love to use bold and bright colours for their marriage ceremonies. In order to obtain a long-lasting look, you should start by cleansing your face well. Prime up your skin two minutes post moisturising and blend it well. This helps to keep your concealer and foundation in place, and keeps the make-up intact for long hours.
Moisture foundation would be a good option for smooth and even coverage than a matte finish.
* Use a highlighter instead of shimmer or glitter. The main attempt should be to make the skin appear glowing and not shimmery. Highlight the bridge of the nose, the chin, the forehead and the higher planes of the face.
* Indian brides love gold eye make-up since it goes well with their red, fuchsia, or green lehengas, ghagras, or heavy saris. So, if you want to play it safe, this is the colour to go with. You can also use golden eyeshadow instead of silver for the brow bones.
* If you have the ceremonies during the day, then keep the make-up minimal and opt for a more natural look. If you are going for a night time wedding, keep the make-up heavy and add more colours. If you have a morning wedding, choose pastel shades for the eye make-up.
* Use a lip balm each time you feel your lips are dry. Do not lick or bite your lips. This will dry the lips and cause them to become chapped and flaky. (IANS)
New Delhi, October 12, 2017 : With October comes an energizing and exciting series of festivals combined with colors, celebration and delicious food which bind everyone together. But amidst all this, we often forget taking good care of our body and skin. Not anymore!
To add to the already magical benefits of Petroleum Jelly, a Vaseline expert shares six beauty hacks to look best this festive season!
Smooth glossy hair: Use a little bit of Petroleum Jelly for your split ends and get sleek, glossy hair
DIY (Do It Yourself) Highlighter: Mix a little bit of face powder with Petroleum Jelly and dab it on your cheekbones to get that instant glow.
DIY Body Lotion: Mix a little of Vaseline with Sea Salt and apply it on your body after a bath. This will serve as a long-lasting lotion for your skin.
On the eyelids: Apply it for an instant glossy eye shadow look.
Eyebrow gel: A quick application of Petroleum Jelly can slick eyebrow hair back and keep them in place all day for a neat look that perfectly frames your face.
Soothe embroidery rashes: Apply Jelly on your skin to soothe embroidery rashes.
Lakme Beauty Expert, Donald Simrock also shares skincare hacks for bringing out your natural radiance this festive season.
Rejuvenating and exfoliating your skin is of utmost importance. While you exfoliate your skin at least once a week, nourish it every morning to ensure you start your day with a fresh and nourished look.
Minimalism is all about keeping it simple while not making any compromises. Using a CC cream gives you a uniform complexion that makes your skin look flawless and has a matte finish.
Night time beauty regimes are a must: Cleansing your face before hitting the bed is the best way to allow your skin to breathe.
Having non-chapped, crack-free lips adds that extra glam to your festive look. Use one drop of the Overnight Oil in Serum to get a smooth finish before you apply a lip color. (IANS)
Roses have a lot of uses apart from its de-stressing fragrance. From being an ace hydrator to being a healer, experts have rated the rose and its petals high for their uses.
Amit Sarda, Managing Director at Soulflower, and Sonia Mathur, Beauty Expert and Training head at Organic Harvest, have rolled out a list of uses of a rose:
Benefits of Rose water & Rose water Uses:
* Hydration: Rose mixed with water helps hydrate, re-energise and moisturise the skin giving it a fresh look. It helps control excess oil and also maintains the skin’s pH balance. Containing a complex array of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, rose essential oil has excellent emollient properties for moisturising dry skin.
* Rose water and lemon juice skin tonic: This tonic helps in clearing pimples and acne. Wash your face with water, followed by application of the tonic. Leave it on for 15 minutes before washing it with warm water. This is suitable for either combination skin or oily skin.
* Rosewater and almonds face pack: This is considered to be an ideal pack for dry skin. A paste can be prepared by using almonds, honey and rosewater together. This face-pack can be used for skin whitening.
* Face Cleanser: For regular use, dip the cotton ball in rosewater and clean the face. It acts as a natural toner and removes the dust and dirt settled onto the skin. This process can be repeated in the morning and night time. Rosewater can also be used in bath water. It helps in inducing a skin glow. The gentle aroma of rose removes the stress and refreshes the body.
* Rosewater for eyes: Rosewater can alleviate the discomfort and relieve the stress after application. Rosewater brings shine and makes the eyes healthy. The anti-septic and anti-bacterial properties save the eyes from pollution, dust, redness and harm caused by chemicals in make-up products that one may be accustomed to using. It can also help in preventing dark circles when mixed with milk.
Benefits of “Rose Water For Hair”:
* Hair care: If used with shampoo on a regular basis, rosewater promotes moisturisation and conditioning of hair follicles.
Rosewater and jojoba oil blended together can be applied on the hair for 10 minutes before washing, as it effectively helps in repairing damaged hair caused by curling irons or blow driers.
To get rid of frizzy hair, rosewater and aloe vera can be blended together in equal proportions. Apply it over your scalp properly. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash off.
Benefits of “Rose Water For Skin” Disease Treatment:
* Skin disease treatment: Rose has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties, making it ideal to topically treat a host of ailments, including abrasions, burns and skin conditions. It has also been used to ease sore throats, fever and cough.
The anti-inflammatory properties help treat redness and inflammation. Rose oil can also help refine skin texture, controlling skin diseases such as psoriasis and atopic dermatitis.
Rose water can also treat acne and can be added in tea to calm sore throats.
* De-stress: Inhaling the aroma of roses is said to be a powerful mood enhancer. It lowers the concentration of the stress hormone in the body, and helps in getting rid from feelings of anxiety, thereby promoting emotional well-being and relaxation.
* Local botox: Roses also help aging skin, keeping fine lines and wrinkles at bay. Use Rosehip seed oil (which is derived from small fruits found behind the rose flower) which contains high levels of Vitamin C and is rich in oils and proteins.(IANS)
New Delhi, October 1, 2017 : Every group has that one friend who has perfect skin. They glow and shine, and radiate like crystals. And when asked what they do for this flawless visage, they giggle and proudly announce they do not have a skin care regime and don’t do anything.
Well, you must certainly not lose heart. Yes, these are people with genetically blessed skin, but it is almost impossible to maintain that glow in the absence of any skin care effort.
So, how to have glowing skin?
There isn’t a magic spell to achieve healthy, clear and glowing skin, but there are a few basic changes you can make to get enviable results.
We have devised a practical and easy to follow skin care regime for you. Here, we have rounded up 10 night time beauty habits that can possibly make you “that” friend.
Give Your Face Some Steam
Nobody has the time to get facials done every month, but we give you a shortcut to looking like you do! The aim is to expose your skin to steam just long enough to open and de-gunk your pores. We’d suggest taking a hot shower before washing your face, or keeping a warm soaked hand towel on your face and patting gently. This will not only open pores, but loosen dirt, oil, or bacteria stuck on your face that can then be taken care with water.
Remove All Makeup
Removing all makeup is a staple to all skin care regimes. (And we don’t mean with wet wipes) Splash your face with sufficient water. Your lipstick, eye-liner, mascara, and foundation; everything has to go. A naked face opens and cleans pores and removes any gunk from your eyes.
Exfoliate To Get Rid Of The Dead Skin
It not only removes the layer of dead skin, but also makes your skin radiant and youthful. However, exfoliation can do more harm than good when done in excess- it can trigger rashes, irritation and breakouts. Try doing it twice a week. And if you have sensitive skin, then even once is good!
You can also use home-made scrubs like oatmeal, besan or coffee. These scrubs are natural and can be altered as per your own preferences
Pollution. Humidity. Weather changes. Acne. And what not. Our skin has to face a lot of obstacles throughout the day.
Toning helps maintain the right pH balance for a healthy skin. It helps rejuvenate the dead cells by nourishing and tightening the skin from deep within. It also removes excess oil thus, fighting acne-problems and making a protective layer over our skin. All-around care, what else does we need?
You can choose from a variety of options in the market, or go au-natural with rosewater.
You must moisturize. It will keep your skin well-fed, preventing it from ageing as well as getting pimples. Sleeping without it is a strict no!
If you have dry skin, invest in products with natural oils like grape seed and for dry skin, you should use oil-free and light-weight moisturizers.
Invest in a good moisturizer and a night cream for your nightly skin care routine, irrespective of your age. It will keep your skin hydrated and plump while minimizing the appeared of dark circles and wrinkles.
We suggest using lightweight creams with caffeine, peptides and oxidants.
When All Is Said And Done, Sleep
And sleep for some good 7-8 hours. Cutting down on sleeping hours can speed up ageing process. Snooze hours form an integral part of skin care; there is a reason it is called beauty sleep, after all. During sleeping-hours, your skin is devoid of any external application or attacks by the harmful sun rays. Hence, sound sleep allows your cells to regenerate, which happens quicker at night than in the day-time.
Use Multiple Pillows
One for your left side, another for your right. One to rest your head on, and the other to hug tightly. No, we’re kidding. You can use as many pillow as you like, but our suggestion is to sleep with your head on an elevated platform than the rest of the body to prevent puffiness.
Vaseline Is A Staple for Skin care
Don’t forget your lips, hands and feet. Apply generous amounts of Vaseline on your lips and feet to keep them soft and hand cream over your hands. Vaseline plumps and moisturizes the lips, keeping them soft and red.
Secure The Air Moisture Using A Humidifier
Make complete use of technology and bring humidifiers home for your skin care regime. Humidifiers infuse the air in your bedroom with moisture. This in turn helps keep your skin hydrated. Outcome: Goodbye dry, itchy and cracked skin!
Your relationship with your skin won’t work unless you give it enough time. This skin care routine will take 15 minutes and just that. Plus it will also spare you from spending bucks at the beauty parlor after every few days.