Saturday January 20, 2018
Home Uncategorized Islamic state...

Islamic state militants execute Norwegian and Chinese captive

0
//
76
Republish
Reprint

New Delhi: The Islamic state group on Wednesday confirmed the killing of one Norwegian and Chinese captive each, after the failure of ransom delivery by the families and States. China has confirmed to building a strategy to bring justice, as this is the first Chinese killing by the militant group.

The extremist group published two pictures of the dead in their monthly magazine Dabiq, published on Wednesday. It also had details of how, when and where the men were killed.

The Chinese government has confirmed the deceased to be a local, named Fan Jinghui. A brief announcement by Chinese Foreign Minister said he was cruelly murdered. He also mentioned that in September one of their citizens seemed to be under the custody of the Islamic State.

The Chinese government had initiated emergency measures to rescue Fan Jinghui, but he was still killed in a cold blooded manner, added the minister.

The Islamic State group, which has recently caused several bomb blasts across the globe is in control of areas in Iraq and Syria. The beheading of the men stood similar to their prior videos telecasting beheadings and atrocities. The demand for cash ransom by the group was also on the same line as for their previous hostages.

Such activities take place on a regular basis since they seized a third of Iraq in a precipitous advancement in 2014.

The public declaration of killings by the Islamic State militants came in the wake of airstrikes from several countries- Russia, U.S and France, and ground attacks by the Kurdish and additional armies.

China has denounced Islamic militancy numerous times and has also expressed concern about it developing a space in the country. However, China has not taken any steps to get itself involved in the issue.

China sees this Islamic state inclination in the country allegedly due to the anger of the Muslim Uighur community, as the Chinese control over their religious and cultural cohesiveness is creating a space for the militant group.

 

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 NewsGram

Next Story

US Backtracks on Iraqi, Kurd Cease-fire Claim

0
//
34
An Iraqi soldier removes a Kurdish flag from Altun Kupri
An Iraqi soldier removes a Kurdish flag from Altun Kupri on the outskirts of Irbil, Iraq. VOA

Iraq, October 27: The U.S.-led coalition fighting the Islamic State announced Friday morning a cease-fire between Iraqi forces and the Kurdish Peshmerga in Northern Iraq but quickly backtracked on the claim, saying it is not an “official” cease-fire.

Army spokesman Ryan Dillon posted a clarification on Twitter to say “both parties (are) talking with one another,” but that a “cease-fire” had not been reached.

The Iraqi military and the Kurdish minority have been clashing for several weeks after the Iraqi troops moved to secure areas in northern Iraq that had been seized from IS jihadists by Kurdish forces. The Kurdish forces abandoned the land largely without resistance, though low-level clashes have been reported.

Iraqi PM rejects Kurdish offer

The areas Iraqi forces are moving into were mostly under Baghdad’s control in 2014, when Islamic State militants swept into the region. Kurdish Peshmerga and coalition forces recaptured the lands, and the Kurdistan Region has since held them.

The Iraqi leadership said it is retaking the areas to establish federal authority after a Kurdish referendum for independence in September threatened the nation’s unity. More than 92 percent of Kurds in Iraq voted “yes” in a vote Baghdad called illegal, and the international community leaders said was dangerous and ill-timed.

Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi on Thursday rejected an offer by Kurdish leaders to freeze the results of their independence referendum in favor of dialogue in order to avoid further conflict.

The Kurdistan Regional Government, in a statement, said the confrontations have hurt both sides and could lead to ongoing bloodshed and social unrest in Iraq.

“Certainly, continued fighting does not lead any side to victory, but it will drive the country towards disarray and chaos, affecting all aspects of life,” the KRG said.

‘Unified Iraq is the only way to go’

Abadi said in a statement his government will accept only the annulment of the referendum and respect for the constitution.

During a briefing Friday morning at the Pentagon, Joint Staff Director Lieutenant General Kenneth McKenzie Jr. told reporters the U.S. believes “a unified Iraq is the only way to go forward.”

He added, “We’re not helping anyone attack anyone else inside Iraq, either the Kurds or the Iraqis.”(VOA)

Next Story