Alappuzha (Kerala):The Kerala Police have decided to further probe the death of Swami Swaswethikananda in July 2002. The investigation was earlier closed after being presumed to be a case of drowning, a minister said on Saturday.
“The further probe would be coordinated by additional director general of police (Crime Branch) S. Ananthakrishnan and would be conducted by Crime Branch superindent of police P.K.Madhu,” State Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala told reporters here.
The new move came following a Kerala court accepting a petition by P.D.Joseph earlier this month which sought a re-investigation into the mysterious death of the seer in the light of fresh revelations.
The popular Swami, who had wide connections across political parties at the time of his death, had serious difference of opinion with Vellapally Natesan, the powerful Hindu Ezhava leader and general secretary of the Sree Narayana Dharma Paripalana (SNDP) Sangom.
The case took a turn to this extent following fresh revelation which came from leading businessman Biju Ramesh, after Natesan opened his mind to form a political party and was getting ready to join the third front led by the BJP .
Businessman Biju Ramesh in a TV channel discussion revealed that a person called Priyan had pleaded with him soon after the death of the Swami not to rake up the case, saying that the Swami was killed by him (Priyan) as directed by Natesan.
Following the revelation both the CPI-M and even a section of top senior Congress leaders said that the clear the air a further probe needed to be conducted to settle the issue once and for all.
Incidentally, the Kerala police in 2013 filed the closure report in the Kerala high court stating that the Swami died after a fall and his head hit the rocks in the river bed. And, there was no foul play.
On Friday, Biju Ramesh gave a new statement to the police in the case and even volunteered to undergo a lie detector test.
Hailing the further probe, Natesan said there are some people whose doubts will never end and wished with the new probe their doubts may be cleared permanently.
“Let there be any probe and whatever happens, nothing is going to happen to me,” said Natesan when reporters told him about the new directive.
Valletta, October 17, 2017 : A journalist who led the Panama Papers probe into corruption in Malta was killed on Monday in a car bomb near her residence, the media reported.
Daphne Caruana Galizia died on Monday when her car, a Peugeot 108, was destroyed by a powerful explosive device, reports the Guardian.
A blogger whose posts often attracted more readers than the combined circulation of the country’s newspapers, Caruana Galizia was recently described by the American news outlet Politico as a “one-woman WikiLeaks”.
Her latest revelations accused Malta’s Prime Minister Joseph Muscat and two of his closest aides, connecting offshore companies linked to the three men with the sale of Maltese passports and payments from the government of Azerbaijan.
No group or individual claimed responsibility for the attack, the Guardian reported.
Malta’s President Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca, called for calm. “In these moments, when the country is shocked by such a vicious attack, I call on everyone to measure their words, to not pass judgement and to show solidarity.”
In a statement, Muscat condemned the “barbaric attack”.
“Everyone knows Caruana Galizia was a harsh critic of mine,” said Muscat, adding “Both politically and personally, but nobody can justify this barbaric act in any way.”
He announced in parliament later on Monday that Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) officers were on their way to Malta to assist with the investigation, following his request for help from the US government.
According to local media reports, Caruana Galizia filed a police report 15 days ago to say that she had been receiving death threats.
The journalist posted her final blog on her Running Commentary website at 2.35 p.m. on Monday, and the explosion, which occurred near her home, was reported to police just after 3 p.m.
Over the last two years, her reporting had largely focused on revelations from the Panama Papers, a cache of 11.5 million documents leaked from the internal database of the world’s fourth largest offshore law firm, Mossack Fonseca. (IANS)
The then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh stood by the CBI and ordered them to go by the law
When powerful MPs asked him to drop cases against Ram Rahim, then CBI chief Vijay Shanker refused to do so
The head Sadhvi would get an order from Gurmeet Ram Rahim- to send a Sadhvi to his bedroom
Bengaluru, August 30, 2017: M Narayanan, Chief Investigating Officer in the rape case of Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh has revealed how Manmohan Singh, the former Prime Minister resisted political pressure from Punjab and Haryana and supported Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in their investigation.
Narayanan hails from Kasaragod, Kerala and was in Mysore, the day Ram Rahim was finally jail sentenced for 20 years. He expressed satisfaction over the Dera Chief’s punishment and said that Ram Rahim should also be convicted for other pending cases- murdering two people in the past (Dera follower Ranjit Singh and journalist Ram Chander Chhatrapati).
He revealed that Ram Rahim was very careful of his abominable deeds, he behaved like a seasoned criminal and who never used to leave any traces behind. The investigating officer said “He had a collection of condoms and contraceptives in his room. He was a maniac, a real beast.”
Manmohan Singh backed CBI
M Narayanan, who is now a retired Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of CBI. He was the Chief Investigating Officer in Dera Chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim’s rape case. According to News 18 report, Narayanan said, “The then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh stood by the CBI and ordered us to go by the law. He went through the statement made by 2 Sadhvis before a judge and did not succumb to the pressures from Punjab and Haryana MPs.”
Narayanan also spoke about what the former Prime Minister did, “After a lot of pressure from these MPs, Manmohan Singh had summoned the then CBI chief Vijay Shanker to his office to discuss the case against Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh. After seeing the victim’s statements before a judge, Singh backed us.”
He lauded his boss Vijay Shanker for taking a stand for the right cause in spite of pressure from politicians of Punjab and Haryana. “When powerful MPs asked him to drop cases against Ram Rahim, Vijay Shanker refused to do so. He backed us fully,” said Narayanan.
Narayanan also talked about how he along with his team carried out the investigation and said, “The complaint was sent in 2002. But nothing had happened till 2007. Expressing serious concerns over the progress of the investigation, the Punjab & Haryana High Court enquired CBI. It had also summoned the Chief Vijay Shanker to court seeking an explanation. After that, he gave us Sadhvis letters, files of the murder of journalist Ramachandra Chatrapati and Dera volunteer Ranjit Singh. He ordered us to go ahead and complete the investigation in just 57 days as ordered by the High Court,” mentions News 18 report.
According to Narayanan, it was a tough task to accomplish as Sadhvis letters were anonymous. He said that they came to know that over 200 Sadhvis had left the Dera between 1999 and 2002, due to sexual harassment.But they could trace only 10 victims. Many of them were married and thus didn’t come forward to file a complaint. But, they were successful in persuading 2 victims to take an action against him and filed the charge sheet before a court in Ambala on the 56th day“.
He said that it was a tough job for them to even enter Dera Sacha Sauda headquarters, Sirsa as the CBI team was constantly threatened by Ram Rahim’s goons. They had to suffer a lot of hostility in the quest for justice.
Decoding King sized life of a Godmen
Narayanan said that Dera Chief Ram Rahim was living the life of a king in what he called an ashram, he would be in a cave like room, with Sadhvis around (who were made to be at his beck and call). It was a daily occurrence as on every night around 10 PM, the head Sadhvi would get an order from him- to send a Sadhvi to his bedroom and so, she used to force one of the Sadhvis chosen by him to sleep with the “pitaji“.
“Ranjit Singh was a prominent volunteer at the Dera. After his sister was raped by Ram Rahim, both of them had left Sirsa. A few days later an anonymous letter reached Punjab and Haryana High Court. Suspecting that Ranjit Singh was behind it, Dera chief ordered his men to murder him. It has been proved that the pistol used by his murderers belonged to Dera manager. They had also left a walkie-talkie at the scene of the crime. I am sure Ram Rahim will be convicted in these heinous cases too,” said Narayanan (he retired in 2009).
NewsGram is a Chicago-based non-profit media organization. We depend upon support from our readers to maintain our objective reporting. Show your support by Donating to NewsGram. Donations to NewsGram are tax-exempt.
Click here- www.newsgram.com/donate
Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple, one of the oldest Hindu temples in Singapore is being investigated for criminal offenses
Commercial affairs department conducted the probe
Religious activities in the temple will remain unaffected during the investigation
New Delhi, August 23, 2017: A police investigation has been launched into the Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple, one of the oldest Hindu temples in Singapore, over suspected criminal offenses, a media report said.
The police confirmed on Tuesday that its Commercial Affairs Department was conducting the probe but said it was “inappropriate” to comment further, the Strait Times reported.
The temple on 141 Serangoon Road is a well-known landmark in the Little India area. According to the temple website, it is one of the oldest in Singapore and was built by early Indian migrant workers.
The Commissioner of Charities (COC) said it had been notified of the investigation and had also launched its own inquiry into the temple under section 8 of the Charities Act, which gives the Commissioner the power to institute such inquiries into charities.
The COC said it received feedback on the management of the temple, which led to it carrying out a review.
“The review identified certain areas of concern with regard to governance and administration, which warrant conducting an inquiry,” it said.
The COC added that it will decide on the next course of action after the inquiry.
Religious activities in the temple will not be affected and it can continue with its operations and daily services, the COC said, adding measures would be put in place to ensure the temple was properly managed. (IANS)