Srinagar: PM Narendra Modi during his landmark addresses at Sher-i-Kashmir stadium declared a bonanza Rs 80,000 crore for the development of Jammu and Kashmir. The Modi Kashmir package was focussed in the areas of employment generation through skill development and education, road and information infrastructure, health and rehabilitation.
Promising of a new and stronger Kashmir, Prime Minister called upon the people of the Himalayan state especially the youth to work unitedly for the development of the state.
Declaring that the financial package is just a beginning, Modi said Delhi’s treasury and heart are for Jammu and Kashmir.
Here are the 10 takeaways from Modi’s address:
- We need to develop road infrastructure. Rs 34000 crore for road revamp, bolster rail tracks and reduce the distance between important places.
2. IIT will be set up for honing Kashmiri youths
3. We need to have highways, but that’s not the only need. We also need i-ways (optical fibre enabled information network) to improve human resource.
4. Need to improve tourism infrastructure to bring more tourists to Kashmir. There is a huge scope for adventure tourism, eco-tourism and site-seeing.
5. We will walk on the footsteps of Atalji, we do not need any advice from foreign entities
6. Generate employment opportunity for Kashmiri and Ladakhi youths
7. Love of Jammu and Kashmir people instigates me to work more
8. Jammu and Kashmir will regain its lost glory
9. I want to do in Kashmir what I did in Gujrat after the earthquake
10. India is incomplete without Jammu and Kashmir
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 NewsGram