Friday April 27, 2018
Home India More security...

More security for Karnataka minister after threat call

0
//
34
Republish
Reprint

Mangaluru: Security had been stepped up for Karnataka Sports and Fisheries Minister K. Abhaychandra Jain a day after he received a threat to his life from a person claiming to be a gangster, police said on Sunday.

“We have deployed additional personnel at Jain’s residence and office besides providing more security men after he filed a complaint about the threat call on his mobile phone on Saturday,” Mangaluru Police Commissioner S. Murugan told IANS.

Accusing Jain of being involved in the murder of Bajrang Dal activist Prashant Poojary at Moodbidri on October 9, the ‘gangster’ had threatened him with dire consequences.

He also told Jain that as Forests and Environment Minister Ramanath Rai was also involved in the murder, he too would not be spared.

Jain also briefed Chief Minister Siddaramaiah and Home Minister K.J. George about the threat call and sought more protection.

Murugan said that an FIR had been lodged on the basis of the minister’s complaint and investigations are on. “We are going his call records to find from where and which number the accused had called and verifying its voice content.

“Since we have arrested nine people in connection with Poojary’s murder so far, we will also interrogate them to ascertain if they know the caller and track him down as we are monitoring calls being made among the suspects,” he said.

Poojary, a flower vendor, was hacked to death by six motorbike-borne men on October 9 for seizing a goods vehicle transporting cows to an illegal slaughter house in the town.

“Though the situation in the city and town is normal, we are maintaining strict vigil and monitoring of people and vehicles to ensure law and order,” Murugan added.

(IANS)

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 NewsGram

Next Story

Motorola opens 25 ‘Moto Hubs’ in North-East

The company also has 100 "Moto Hubs" across Tamil Nadu, with 50 in Chennai, and 100 in Karnataka

0
//
25
Motorola cuts down the cost of Moto G5S by 1000 in India
Motorola cuts down the cost of Moto G5S by 1000 in India: Wikimedia commons

Lenovo-owned Motorola on Friday expanded its retail presence by opening 25 new “Moto Hubs” in the North-East region.

Along with Moto x4 and Moto z2 Force smartphones, “Moto Hubs” provide access and availability to Motorola’s online exclusive devices like Moto e4 plus and Moto g5 plus, the company said in a statement.

Google on a person's smartphone
Moto to open more hubs. Pixabay

“With the concept of Moto Hubs, we are giving smartphone lovers a fresh retail experience where they can interact and engage with the brand prior to the purchase,” Rohit Khatter, Sales Operations Head, Motorola Mobility India said commenting on the launch.

Also Read: Why you should buy Moto G5S NOW?

50 new ‘Moto Hubs’ were inaugurated in Telangana on Wednesday. The company also has 100 “Moto Hubs” across Tamil Nadu, with 50 in Chennai, and 100 in Karnataka.

Next Story