Sunday April 22, 2018
Home Uncategorized No junior-lev...

No junior-level interviews in central government, PSUs from January 1

0
//
100
Republish
Reprint

New Delhi: There will be no more interviews for selection in junior level posts and non-gazetted posts of the central government from January 1, 2016, a government memorandum said on Tuesday.

“The timeline set regarding completing the process of the discontinuation of an interview by December 31, 2015, has to be adhered to strictly,” said the memorandum from the department of personnel and training issued to all central ministries, departments, attached offices, subordinate offices, autonomous bodies and public sector undertakings.

“From January 1, 2016, there will be no recruitment with an interview at the junior level posts,” it said.

“All advertisements for future vacancies will be without interview as part of the recruitment process.

“It is also clarified that as skill test or physical test is different from an interview, they may continue. However, these tests will only be of qualifying nature. Assessment will not be done on the basis of marks for such tests,” it said.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi has repeatedly suggested doing away with interviews for most junior level posts to reduce the scope of discretion.

In cases of specific posts where the ministry or department wants to continue taking interviews as a process of recruitment, a detailed proposal seeking exemption will have to be sent to the department with the approval of the minister or minister-in-charge.

The ministries have been asked to send a consolidated report by January 7 in this regard. (IANS), (image courtesy: exposeindialive.com)

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 NewsGram

Next Story

Anna Hazare Breaks Fast After Government Assurance

0
//
45
Anna Hazare finally breaks his fast after government assurance. IANS
Anna Hazare finally breaks his fast after government assurance. IANS
  • Anna Hazare called off his hunger strike after government’s assurance
  • He fasted in Delhi’s Ramlila Ground
  • He fasted against unfair crop prices, electoral policies and Lokpal appointments

Social activist Anna Hazare on Thursday called off his hunger strike in support of his demands as the Central government sought six months to deal with his demands on fair crop prices, Lokpal appointment and electoral reforms.

Anna Hazare wants government to finish corruption completely and take steps in the right direction. Wikimedia Commons

“The government has agreed to demand on crop prices and agreed to take steps on the appointment of a Lokpal at the Centre and Lokayuktas in the states as soon as possible,” Hazare said as he announced that he was going to break his fast.

Hazare said he had been assured regarding the new electoral reforms and implementation of the M.S. Swaminathan Committee report to address the agrarian crisis in the country.

Also Read: Anna Hazare to initiate mass awakening through his Jan-Jagran Yatra

“The governments are meant for the public and it is government’s responsibility to provide the best service to its people,” he said.

Anna Hazare raised his voice against corruption and went ahead with his hunger strike at the Jantar Mantar in New Delhi.
Anna Hazare has also raised his voice against corruption and went ahead with his hunger strike at the Jantar Mantar in New Delhi earlier. Wikimedia Commons

Hazare launched his agitation in support of his demands at the Ramlila Maidan here on March 23. Earlier, he had launched a movement against corruption in 2011. IANS

Next Story