- BJP warned of protest movement on the Indo-Bangladesh border will stop the Dhaka-Kolkata train
- BJP leaders also ridiculed the ruling Trinamool Congress and the Communist Party of India-Marxist over their silence on the matter
- “The Maitree Express need not run if there is no Maitree (friendship),” said Ghosh
Due to increase in killing of Hindus in Bangladesh, BJP on Friday, July 1, warned of protest movement on the Indo-Bangladesh border and will stop the Dhaka-Kolkata train.
“We have had a good relationship with Bangladesh so far but it will remain so as long as the Hindus there live a secured life. If the brutal killings continue we will start movements in the bordering areas of Benapole and Petropole. We will also stop the Maitree Express,” said BJP State (West Bengal) President Dilip Ghosh said at the rally.
Follow NewsGram on Twitter: @newsgram1
“The Maitree Express need not run if there is no Maitree (friendship),” said Ghosh adding that a state party delegation will talk to the central leadership for putting pressure on Bangladesh over the issue.
BJP leaders also ridiculed the ruling Trinamool Congress and the Communist Party of India-Marxist over their silence on the matter.
Follow NewsGram on Facebook: NewsGram.com
Party national secretary Rahul Sinha said, “None of the political parties in Bengal are saying anything. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee should immediately raise the matter with Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.” (IANS)
- Bangladesh Killings: Hindu Priest Hacked to Death at a Temple in Broad Daylight
- Born as a secular state; Why Bangladesh is degenerating into an Islamic Country
- Hindu tailor hacked to death in Bangladesh, IS claims responsibility