New Delhi, November 30, 2016: It acts as a natural cleanser and helps to whiten teeth as well. Reach out for mustard oil to look your best, says an expert.
Dermatologist Pragya Gupta, who is a specialist advisor for P Mark Mustard Oil, shares a few benefits of the oil:
NewsGrambrings to you latest new stories in India.
* It works wonders on the skin as a natural cleanser. It can be used as a make-up remover as well, making sure that it doesn’t clog pores. This helps the skin to get cleansed naturally within minutes.
* Mustard oil is considered one of the best natural ingredients for brushing and when applied with lemon drops and a bit of salt, it makes your teeth shine and become stronger.
* Think about the condition of your hair after you get them styled using chemical based hair products. The adverse effects on one’s hair after those curls and buns can be managed well with a massage of hot mustard oil. It provides adequate nutrients to the hair and prevents situations like frizziness and hair fall.
Go to NewsGram and check out news related to political current issues
* In case of acne and rashes, apply a few drops of mustard oil for 10-15 minutes daily. It keeps the skin healthy and glowing.
* Massaging mustard oil on your face regularly can help reduce tan and lighten dark spots and pigmentation. Make a face mask by mixing mustard oil with besan or gram flour, one teaspoon of curd and a few drops of lemon juice. Mix the ingredients well and apply it on your face and neck. Wash your face after 10 to 15 minutes and try applying the face mask at least thrice a week for best results.
* Dry patchy skin is a common problem that we all face during harsh winter season. One can apply a few drops of mustard oil and rub it along the face. Let it remain for a few minutes before washing it in water. The skin becomes smooth. (IANS)
New Delhi, October 1, 2017 : Every group has that one friend who has perfect skin. They glow and shine, and radiate like crystals. And when asked what they do for this flawless visage, they giggle and proudly announce they do not have a skin care regime and don’t do anything.
Well, you must certainly not lose heart. Yes, these are people with genetically blessed skin, but it is almost impossible to maintain that glow in the absence of any skin care effort.
So, how to have glowing skin?
There isn’t a magic spell to achieve healthy, clear and glowing skin, but there are a few basic changes you can make to get enviable results.
We have devised a practical and easy to follow skin care regime for you. Here, we have rounded up 10 night time beauty habits that can possibly make you “that” friend.
Give Your Face Some Steam
Nobody has the time to get facials done every month, but we give you a shortcut to looking like you do! The aim is to expose your skin to steam just long enough to open and de-gunk your pores. We’d suggest taking a hot shower before washing your face, or keeping a warm soaked hand towel on your face and patting gently. This will not only open pores, but loosen dirt, oil, or bacteria stuck on your face that can then be taken care with water.
Remove All Makeup
Removing all makeup is a staple to all skin care regimes. (And we don’t mean with wet wipes) Splash your face with sufficient water. Your lipstick, eye-liner, mascara, and foundation; everything has to go. A naked face opens and cleans pores and removes any gunk from your eyes.
Exfoliate To Get Rid Of The Dead Skin
It not only removes the layer of dead skin, but also makes your skin radiant and youthful. However, exfoliation can do more harm than good when done in excess- it can trigger rashes, irritation and breakouts. Try doing it twice a week. And if you have sensitive skin, then even once is good!
You can also use home-made scrubs like oatmeal, besan or coffee. These scrubs are natural and can be altered as per your own preferences
Pollution. Humidity. Weather changes. Acne. And what not. Our skin has to face a lot of obstacles throughout the day.
Toning helps maintain the right pH balance for a healthy skin. It helps rejuvenate the dead cells by nourishing and tightening the skin from deep within. It also removes excess oil thus, fighting acne-problems and making a protective layer over our skin. All-around care, what else does we need?
You can choose from a variety of options in the market, or go au-natural with rosewater.
You must moisturize. It will keep your skin well-fed, preventing it from ageing as well as getting pimples. Sleeping without it is a strict no!
If you have dry skin, invest in products with natural oils like grape seed and for dry skin, you should use oil-free and light-weight moisturizers.
Invest in a good moisturizer and a night cream for your nightly skin care routine, irrespective of your age. It will keep your skin hydrated and plump while minimizing the appeared of dark circles and wrinkles.
We suggest using lightweight creams with caffeine, peptides and oxidants.
When All Is Said And Done, Sleep
And sleep for some good 7-8 hours. Cutting down on sleeping hours can speed up ageing process. Snooze hours form an integral part of skin care; there is a reason it is called beauty sleep, after all. During sleeping-hours, your skin is devoid of any external application or attacks by the harmful sun rays. Hence, sound sleep allows your cells to regenerate, which happens quicker at night than in the day-time.
Use Multiple Pillows
One for your left side, another for your right. One to rest your head on, and the other to hug tightly. No, we’re kidding. You can use as many pillow as you like, but our suggestion is to sleep with your head on an elevated platform than the rest of the body to prevent puffiness.
Vaseline Is A Staple for Skin care
Don’t forget your lips, hands and feet. Apply generous amounts of Vaseline on your lips and feet to keep them soft and hand cream over your hands. Vaseline plumps and moisturizes the lips, keeping them soft and red.
Secure The Air Moisture Using A Humidifier
Make complete use of technology and bring humidifiers home for your skin care regime. Humidifiers infuse the air in your bedroom with moisture. This in turn helps keep your skin hydrated. Outcome: Goodbye dry, itchy and cracked skin!
Your relationship with your skin won’t work unless you give it enough time. This skin care routine will take 15 minutes and just that. Plus it will also spare you from spending bucks at the beauty parlor after every few days.
Sep 27, 2017: Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is widely used by people in myriad ways and purposes, notably because of the vitamins and mineral content. ACV contains ‘mother of vinegar,’ a complex structure of beneficial acids. Cider Vinegar is unrefined and unpasteurized due to the mother factor and has a variety of benefits that are lost when it is filtered and heated.
From the ancient times, ACV has proven to be the elixir of life, carrying benefits from health to skin and hair. ACV is also used in salad dressings, vinaigrettes, marinades, chutneys, and food preservatives.
How is Apple Cider Vinegar formed?
Apple Cider Vinegar has been used as an ingredient in the home remedies from ages. ACV is made by crushing apples and squeezing out the juice. The juice is then fermented by adding bacteria and yeast, which converts the fruit sugar into alcohol. In the second stage of the fermentation process, the alcohol is converted into vinegar by the acetic acid-forming bacteria.
Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar improves digestion by increasing stomach acid. It also fights constipation since the cider vinegar incites digestive juices that help to break down food in the body. Pectin found in ACV helps to soothe intestinal fits. Mix one or two tablespoons of ACV in a glass of water and consume before a meal for best results.
A study published in the British Journal of Clinical Nutrition revealed that consuming one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in the morning lowers the cholesterol as it increases bile production and supports the liver.
Drinking ACV in warm water in the morning helps to flush out toxins from the body.
Apple cider vinegar increases metabolism rate and supports weight loss because it contains acetic acid, which is responsible for improving metabolism.
Lowers Blood Pressure
Acetic acid present in ACV helps in reducing high blood pressure and triglyceride.
Urinary Tract Infection
Dr. Earl Mindell, Author of Amazing Apple Cider Vinegar, cited: Daily consumption of apple cider vinegar aids urinary tract in maintaining a slightly acidic environment. The acid represses the growth of UTI-causing bacteria. Mindell warns that one should refrain from consuming ACV after infection, mentioned Livestrong.
ACV enables to flush out stones naturally from the Kidney. The highly acidic nature of ACV dissolves the crystals that form into stones in the body. Mix two tablespoons of ACV in a glass of water and drink it twice a day for better results.
Skin Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Prevents acne problems
Apple cider vinegar prevents acne problems by killing bacteria, removing excess dirt, oil, and makeup from the skin and dissolving dead skin cells.
ACV toner helps normalize your skin’s pH balance and ward off bacteria. It sheds dead skin cells so that the pores do not get clogged and your skin remains salubrious.
ACV relieves stinging sensation caused by sunburns. Dilute ACV with water and dab a wet cloth onto the sunburn. It will give you instant relief. Do not apply ACV directly onto your face, as it might burn your face.
Diluting Apple Cider in water and rubbing it over the rashes with a cotton ball helps in curing inflammation, reducing itching and healing the sensitivities.
The acetic acid in Apple cider vinegar works as an exfoliating agent. Put half a cup of ACV into 10 to 15 litres of water. Dip your feet and hands in this solution. You will notice dead cells coming off after the scrub.
ACV can also be used as an aftershave. It acts as an antiseptic to clean out any cuts and moisturizes the skin. It also closes the pores and soothes razor burn.
Apply mix of ACV and water on your face for best toning effect, bright and spotless, healthy and youthful skin. It minimises pore size, which is a giveaway of skin aging.
Hair Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Prevent split ends & breakage
ACV smoothens hair’s cuticle, which helps block split ends and breakage. Add ACV to your hair regimen by mixing it with filtered tap water. Rub it onto the split end and wash your hair after 30 minutes.
Stimulate hair growth
Massage ACV mixed with water gently over the scalp to stimulate blood circulation that also promotes hair growth.
Prevent hair loss
Hair breaks out easily because of deprivation of oil on the scalp. This happens when hair follicles are clogged, which leads to crusty flakes on the scalp formed by bacteria. Rinsing your scalp with ACV and water mixture can help you prevent causes of hair loss.
Lustrous and voluminous hair
The acetic acid in ACVremoves residue from the product buildup and helps in maintaining shiny, lustrous locks.
ACV is a fabulous natural detangler that is used as an alternative to conditioner. The acid in ACV helps to soften the hair cuticle allowing knots and tangles to slip out through brush.
Reduce frizzy hair
Frizzy hair is caused by lifted cuticles on the hair. Apple cider vinegar smoothes down the cuticles to give you frizz-free hair.
ACV removes dandruff by eliminating the flaky skin on the scalp. Mix equal parts apple cider vinegar with water in a spray bottle. Let it sit for 15 minutes and rinse with mild shampoo.
New Delhi, Sep 22, 2017: Moisture in the air, humidity, rain or even perspiration, can cause your hair to become fuller and wilder! To keep puffy hair in control, there are some tips and techniques which can help you achieve tamed, lustrous and groomed tresses for instance going for hair taming or systematizing your routine, say experts.
Arpit Jain, Founder and Managing Director of Auraine Botanicals, doles out tips on how you can get rid of frizzy hair in the upcoming winter season.
* Select the right conditioner for your hair: The right conditioner can be the best way to put moisture back into your frizzy curls. Use an anti-frizz conditioner with keratin protein. There are rinse-out and leave-in conditioners available in the market, choose your conditioner according to your lifestyle.
* Systemize your hair wash routine: Washing hair too often can result in a loss of natural oils which help in keeping your hair nourished and hydrated. Aim to wash hair only two to three times a week. Look for a sulfate free, chloride free, Paraben free and TEA DEA free shampoo. It increases moisture retention by gently cleansing your hair & scalp and hydrating it from inside out.
* Hair taming: Hair taming or Keratin treatment rejuvenates hair strands while relaxing hair for up to 5 months. Hair Taming is much more natural and uses way less chemicals than rebonding or hair smoothening.
Sanjay Dutta, Founder of Looks Salon, also lists some important steps.
* Brush your hair the right way: Brushing disrupts the hair cuticles; it can also stretch the hair and cause breakage. Towel-dry your frizzy hair after a shower and finger-comb it while it’s still wet. Then, add a small amount of serum or soothing conditioner. If you need to comb your hair, do so with wet fingers. Finger combing can help tame frizz and de-tangle your hair, you may also use detangle comb for the same.
* Dry your hair before blow-drying: This is a stylist’s trick and it is honestly life changing. Let your hair dry naturally a bit before using the heat of a blow dryer to avoid any damage to your hair and don’t forget to apply heat protection cream or serum before using any heating equipment.
* Trim your hair: Sometimes damage from split ends adds to unhealthy looking hair. The more splits you have, the more you’ll suffer from frizz. The easy solution is to get a haircut or at least trim the split ends every six months, it would help in getting the desired look. (IANS)