New York, Soon you might be watching music videos in your Facebook news feed.
According to the media reports, Facebook is trying to set up deals with major record companies to put music videos in news feed.
Facebook has held preliminary discussions with multiple labels over the past few weeks, and is looking to start inserting videos selected by record companies in the coming months.
The move is being seen as an attempt to capture a share of the market currently dominated by YouTube.
The social network reportedly plans to share ad revenue with labels, but terms of the deal have not yet been finalized.
According to some reports, Facebook is offering the same split in ad revenue that YouTube currently does, that is, with 45 percent going to the social network, and the rest to advertisers. However, other reports suggested that it was willing to offer better deals than YouTube. (IANS)
JOHANNESBURG, March 16, 2017: An organisation that monitors extremist groups says Boko Haram has released a video showing the killing of three accused spies by gunshot and beheading.
The SITE Intelligence Group said in a statement Thursday that a fighter in the video uploaded Monday calls those killed “agents” of Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari.
Check out NewsGram for latest international news updates.
SITE points out that while the video opens with images used by so-called “provinces” of the Islamic State group, it comes from Boko Haram’s own production unit. SITE says this indicates the group has “some degree of autonomy.” One faction of Boko Haram is allied with the Islamic State group.
Nigeria’s president declared the Boko Haram insurgency “crushed” late last year, but its fighters continue to threaten the vast region around Lake Chad in defiance of a multinational force. (VOA)
Siachin, Jan 11, 2016: Terrible Condition of soldiers in Indian Army is not something unheard of! A shocking revelation by Border Security Force (BSF) jawan Tej Bahadur Yadav has erupted new controversy amidst army. He has posted four videos showing the deplorable condition of food served to the jawans. Though his peers seem to be happy about it but there has been pressure on him to take down the videos.
Yadav said that he was transferred from the BSF camp to the headquarters and has been assigned a plumber’s duty and also told that he has been asked to take down the videos. Although Yadav requested Prime Minister to take a look into this matter.
Go to NewsGram and check out news related to political current issues.
While confessing his lack of fear for loosing his job, Yadav also told India Today that he did not think action would be taken against him because his video had gone viral. “I am not afraid of losing my job…I have shown what the reality is at the post”. “If soldiers [are] benefited because of me, then I am ready to fight.”
“Constable Tej Bahadur as an individual has a difficult past. From initial days of his career, he needed regular counselling. Different correction mechanics have been applied for the individuals welfare as he was habitual offender of absenteeism without permission, chronic alcoholism, misbehaving and using force with superior officers and certain other acts against good order and discipline,” rediff.com quoted the BSF statement as saying. The statement claimed that because of such behavior, Yadav had mostly served on headquarters “under supervision of some dedicated superior officer.”
The BSF claimed that “He has been sent only 10 days ago to the (current) place of deployment on road head to facilitate support to high altitude forward locations which he has shown in current selfie, on experimental basis to observe the improvements of past counselling.”
They also alleged that no one else had a problem with the food that was served when the DIG and the Commanding officer visited him and other BSF jawans last week.
Yadav belongs to the 29 battalion Seema Suraksha Bal. Jawans in the video could be heard saying, “Neither the media, nor any minister tries to take a note on how are we going through this (harsh weather). Our conditions are still worst. (humare halat wahi darbartar hain). After this, I will send three videos that will show how our officials are mistreating us. We do not want to blame any government, because they give everything we need, but our senior officials sell everything (for their own profit).”
The video serves two purposes of representing the rot in the system, it has also not gone down well with Yadav’s seniors. The BSF has meanwhile lodged an inquiry into Yadav’s allegations.
August 29, 2016: A Malaysian court has sent controversial hip-hop artist and filmmaker Namewee to jail for four days while police investigate claims that his latest music video insults Islam.
Johor native Namewee, 33, whose real name is Wee Meng Chee, was detained Monday after landing at Kuala Lumpur International Airport at 3:30 a.m. from Taipei and taken to Penang island, where the music video was filmed.
At midmorning, a court in George Town remanded him to custody for four days so that police could question him under Section 295 of the Malaysian Penal Code, which bars defiling houses of worship and insulting religion. Section 295 permits punishment of two years in prison, a fine, or both.
George Town police chief Mior Faridalathrash Wahid confirmed that the arrest and remand would enable police to investigate a controversial music video that Namewee released in July.
The four-minute video “Oh My God!” was written, produced and directed by Namewee, and features the Malaysian singer alongside the three-member Taiwanese band Nine-One-One.
The mash-up of religious traditions appears to poke fun at invoking the powers that be to overcome problems from a receding hairline to a straying girlfriend. The singers invoke Allah, Jesus and the Virgin Mary, and the Buddhist chant “Namo Amitabha,” among other terms.
Scenes from what looks like Chinese comedy movies are interspersed with footage of the four men singing and dancing in front of places of worship.
The original version released in July featured Buddhist and Taoist temples, a mosque and a church, but that version is no longer available online, according to reports. A second version uploaded on Aug. 20 omits the mosque footage.
Following the release of the original video, multiple parties filed police reports accusing the filmmaker of insulting Islam, including the chairman of the Tanjung Bungah Floating Mosque, one of Penang’s top attractions, according to reports.
In a post to his Facebook page on Monday, Namewee said that the video was meant to promote inter-religious harmony.
He said he did not believe he had done anything wrong and made the decision to return to Malaysia from overseas to face any charges against him.
“If I didn’t do anything wrong, why do I need to run and hide? Malaysia is my home, my country,” he said in a Mandarin-language statement.
In an earlier Facebook post, Namewee said he had shown his respect for Islam by becoming the first ethnic Chinese singer in history to sing nasyid – poetry with Islamic themes.
His 2015 song “Uncle Lim” is a duet with nasyid singer Yasin Suleimen.
“This is a nasyid song sung in Mandarin in the hip-hop style. Stop your slander and accusations that I insulted Islam,” he wrote on Facebook.
Namewee made waves in 2007 during his student days in Taiwan, when he posted a rap arrangement of the Malaysian national anthem “Negaraku” – and was accused of having insulted the country, the police, ethnic Malays and the Muslim call to prayer.
He was investigated by police for sedition when he returned home in 2008 and later apologized for the video, Channel News Asia reported. (BenarNews)