A statue will be erected in the memory of Indian labourers at the famous Yushaka beach in South African city of Durban.
- The statue will be in the memory of the first India labourers reached South Africa in 1860.
- These Indian labours reached South Africa after a long and tough voyage on ships run on steam.
- Durban city council has sanctioned a budget of 50 lakhs Rand for the construction of this statue.
- The statue will be on the popular Yushaka beach.
- The first voyage reached in 1860 had 342 members from Madras.
- With this statue of Indian labours, there will be a life-sized statue of Nelson Mandela will also be made.(Inputs from agencies)(image from Wikipedia)
Copyright 2016 NewsGram