By NewsGram Staff-Writer
Washington: Rejecting the Pakistani National Security Adviser Sartaj Aziz’s claims that the notorious Afghanistan based Haqqani terror network has been wiped from the Pakistani soil, the US on Monday said threats from terror groups continue to arise from Pakistan.
US State Department Spokesman Mark Toner said: “We recognize that there’s still threat from these terrorist groups emanating from Pakistan. We want to see Pakistan take additional steps to address some of these threats,” according to a report in the Economic Times.
Toner added that, the US National Security Adviser Susan Rice had very “frank and productive conversations” with her counterpart in the Pakistan government about various threats that continues to have its presence in Pakistan.
Previously Sartaj Azis had stated that after the military operations against the Haqqani network in North Waziristan, they had relocated to Afghanistan and are no longer present in Pakistan.
Reacting to this, Toner said: “In terms of the Haqqani network and really the violence that we see from the Taliban and the Haqqani network, we really want to double down, on trying to stop these groups from carrying out other acts of terror,” as quoted in ET.
Copyright 2015 NewsGram