Saturday April 21, 2018
Home Politics Wikileaks rel...

Wikileaks releases 2,000 Emails from Hillary Clinton Campaign chairman John Podesta

The State Department released 250 pages of Clinton's emails on Friday, following a court order to release 360 pages last month

0
//
258
Hillary
Hillary Clinton. Flickr
Republish
Reprint

Washington, October 8, 2016: The internet whistleblowing group Wikileaks released over 2,000 emails involving Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta. The release comes the same day the State Department published 350 emails previously deleted from Clinton’s private server.

At first inspection the emails date as far back as 2008 to 2016 and cover the gamut from the mundane like “Hillary Clinton’s Chipotle Order” to “Call with HRC” to “My position on the Iran deal” sent from Nancy Rotering to John Podesta.

NewsGram brings to you current foreign news from all over the world.

Wikileaks said Podesta is a long-term associate of the Clintons and served as Bill Clinton’s chief of staff from 1998 to 2001.

The State Department released 250 pages of Clinton’s emails on Friday, following a court order to release 360 pages last month.

Newly disclosed emails show top Obama administration officials in close contact with Clinton’s presidential campaign in 2015 about potential fallout from the former secretary of state’s use of a private email server.

NewsGram brings to you top news around the world today.

According to those email disclosures, the White House was instructing Secretary of State John Kerry to avoid questions about Clinton’s email arrangements, according to the Wall Street Journal.

The emails were obtained by the Republican National Committee as part of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit seeking records of Clinton’s time in office.

Check out NewsGram for latest international news updates.

Podesta served during Bill Clinton administration. Wikileaks warned on its 10th anniversary it would be releasing more emails. (IANS)

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 NewsGram

Next Story

White House Denies Any Direct Talks Yet Between Trump And Kim

No direct talks yet between Trump, Kim: White House

0
//
17
Donald Trump is the President of U.S.
FILE IMAGE- Donald Trump

The White House has denied any direct talks yet between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, though Washington has spoken to Pyongyang “at the highest levels”.

The White House statement on Tuesday came minutes after Trump seemingly hinted that he has already spoken with Kim, Xinhua news agency reported.

When asked by reporters if he had spoken directly with Kim, Trump had said “yes”.

In the statement, issued after the confusing incident, the White House said, “In regards to talks with leader Kim Jong-un, the President said the administration has had talks at the highest levels” and added that they were not with him directly.

On Tuesday afternoon, Trump himself also said that Washington and Pyongyang have already started direct talks at “very high levels,” without specifying how “high” the level was.

Kim Jong-un And Donald Trump
Kim Jong-un And Donald Trump

“We have had direct talks at very high levels, extremely high levels with North Korea,” Trump said. He might have hinted at CIA Director Mike Pompeo’s reportedly top-secret visit to North Korea over Easter weekend as his envoy.

The trip made by Pompeo was an effort to lay the groundwork for direct talks between the leaders of the two countries. No official confirmation of Pompeo’s visit has come yet.

Trump was expected to meet Kim in May or early June. The venue of the meeting was still to be decided. Trump said that five sites were being weighed and none of them were located in the US.

Also Read: China And Russia Accused of Manipulating Their Currencies By Trump

Tension on the Korean Peninsula has thawed over the last few months. The South and North have agreed to hold an inter-Korean summit on April 27, the first meeting between the leaders of the two sides in 11 years.

“They do have my blessing to discuss the end of the war,” said Trump on Tuesday, referring to the summit.

The 1950-1953 Korean war ended in an armistice. The Korean Peninsula remains technically in a state of war.  IANS

Next Story