Yoga is a combination of physical, mental and spiritual practices that originated in ancient India
These 4 yoga asanas will help you to be in shape
“Yoga is the journey of self, through the self, to the self.” – Bhagvat Gita
Weight loss, a strong and flexible body, glowing beautiful skin, peaceful mind, good health – whatever you may be looking for, yoga has it on offer. Yoga is all about stretching our body in different forms and meditation.
Here are 4 best yoga asanas to keep your body toned-
Tadasana strengthens thighs, knees, and ankles.It helps to develop good posture and calms down the nervous system.
Parvatasana strengthens the muscles of the arms and legs.It tones the spinal nerves and sends the good flow of blood to the spinal region.
It is intensely twisted posture which helps in reducing back problems and fat reduction on the belly. It also increases spine blood flow to abdominal.
It strengthens the spine, chest, shoulders, abdomen and buttocks. It helps in reducing indigestion and acidity problems.
-prepared by Pragya Mittal of NewsGram| Twitter @PragyaMittal05
Green tea is a natural antioxidant and has many health benefits.
The tea leaves do not undergo any oxidation process which makes much healthier than other teas.
It is made from unoxidized leaves and is one of the less processed types of tea (with white tea the least) and therefore contains the most antioxidants and beneficial polyphenols. Its consumption is also known to facilitate healthy hair and clear skin.The extracts of this tea have been used in traditional Chinese and Indian medicine for a variety of uses
Here are 7 Popular flavors of green tea and their benefits-
Tulsi or Basil comes the rich tradition of Ayurveda and herbal remedies. Tulsi in tea gives it a refreshing flavor and helps to protect the body from damaging free radicals. It also works as a stress buster and boosts Stamina and helps to maintain better digestion and metabolism.
Mint green tea is the most refreshing one and its aroma will make your day brighter. It is a rich antioxidant and has unique energizing benefits, which can lighten up your mood and improve your digestion power.
Matcha tea is in powdered form and is made up of specially grown and processed green tea leaves. It is a rich antioxidant and burns fat in the body. It helps in relaxing body and lowers the cholesterol level. It is loaded with catechins and has a rich herbaceous flavor
Chamomile is widely regarded as a mild tranquilizer and sleep-inducer. Tea infused with chamomile flowers in hot waters gives it perfect aroma.It gives a relief from stress and aids migraines.Chamomile tea also gives relief from stomach cramps and helps in proper digestion.
It is simply tea that has been flavored with jasmine flowers. It gives relief from stress and helps in reducing inflammation caused by arthritis. Its refreshing aroma gives relief in stress and reduces the level of high blood pressure.
It is the best antioxidant and helps in reducing weight quickly. It freshens up your mood and energizes your body. The concoction also helps in attaining smooth and glowing skin.
Organic tea leaves picked from the roots of the mighty Himalaya.Himalayan Tea helps to aid fatigue and also serves as an excellent detox. In addition to this, it also aids digestion, weight loss and helps reducing blood pressure.
Here are 7 refreshing and highly beneficial green teas that you can try out. Stay tuned for more health tips.
Worried about your child’s obesity problems? It’s high time you curbed his love for sugary drinks and junk food. A little focus on dental care may also prevent your child gaining excess weight, says a new study.
The study found a direct relationship between poor dental health leading to a rise in BMI (Body Mass Index) and extra body fat.
“Weight can be a sensitive subject, but if you talk about eating behaviors alongside dental health, you are looking at the issue from a different angle,” said Louise Arvidsson, a doctoral student at the University of Gothenburg in Sweden.
“The question is whether a healthy diet can have the effect also in young children. There has been a lot of focus on physical activity and mental health in children, but diet is an increasingly recognized aspect.”
The researchers reviewed the eating behavior, body fat and dental health of 271 small children. The height, weight and food intake of the children were kept under observation for one day and then checked for the prevalence of cariogenic microorganisms in saliva.
The results found that the children who had a higher amount of carries bacteria also had higher BMI and worse eating habits.
The children were suggested to consume whole grain products, 400-500 grams of fruit and vegetables per day, fish two to three times a week and a low intake of sugar and saturated fat.
Arvidsson mentioned in the thesis, conducted at the University’s Sahlgrenska Academy, that with good food comes increased self-esteem, better relationships with friends and fewer emotional problems
Rather, parents who try to change the regime of their children by asking them to eat less during childhood can see serious repercussions of overweight problems in later life.(IANS)
New Delhi, November 8: Do you turn green with envy when you see Miss India’s hourglass figure? Here is a diet chart and workout regime that you must follow to attain that perfect figure and fit body.
Arushi Verma, Co-Founder, FITPASS, and celebrity nutritionist Nmami Agarwal, who is the fitness guru of Miss India World 2017 Manushi Chhillar, suggest how to have a fit body:
* Don’t skip breakfast: Skipping breakfast increases hunger pangs by the end of the day.
* Eat regular meals and use smaller plates: Eating regular meals helps to reduce the temptation to snack on food that is high in fat and sugar.
* Avoid sugar, especially refined sugar.
* Early morning: Water two to three glasses (warm with or without lemon squeezed)
* Breakfast: Plain/unflavoured yogurt with oatmeal or wheat flakes and fresh fruits and seeds or two to three egg whites with avocado, carrot, beets and sweet potato.
* Mid-meal: Coconut water followed by fruits.
* Lunch: Quinoa/rice/chapati with a bowl of vegetables and shredded chicken/lentils.
* Evening: Unsalted nuts followed by fruit or banana and fig smoothie.
* Dinner: Chicken/fish (grilled/roasted) with sautéed vegetables (broccoli/carrots/beans/mushrooms/beets).
Many models have to travel and, hence, are forced to eat out.
While traveling, make healthy diet choices. Order foods such as grilled chicken or fish and avoid having a creamy sauce along with it. Instead of the main course, opt for an appetizer. Always order a salad along with your meal, but choose only low-fat dressings.
* Practise yoga regularly: Yoga is a great form of exercise to maintain a fit body posture and keep muscles toned. Apart from providing a slim figure, yoga is also beneficial for increasing flexibility and core strength of your body.
* Twisting: For an over-all body warm-up and fit body, core twisting is the most effective exercise to lengthen, strengthen, detox and tone your entire body. Being an effective cardio workout, core twisting also helps to eliminate pain, inflammation and internal scar tissue formation.
* Squats: This is one exercise which should be part of everyone’s workout routine — regardless of age, gender or fitness goals. They’re not just for legs; they benefit the whole body in a multitude of ways. Apart from toning and maintaining thigh and bottom muscles, squats also help in increasing entire body strength and muscle, improving circulation, getting rid of cellulite etc.
* Run or just dance: The best way to de-stress your body is to go for a run or just start dancing to your favorite tunes.(IANS)