Digital marketing and e-learning are two of the most fascinating concepts that go hand-in-hand. From small to big, every organisation is hassling to rank on the first page of web search results and is seeking talented professionals who could make it happen.
As per a report by KPMG, the average attention period of digital consumers dropped down from 12 seconds in 2007, to 8 seconds in 2016! And as each year passes by, the attention span of customers scrolling online gets shorter; the requirement of professional digital marketing experts goes wider. To take advantage of the same, more students are enrolling in a digital marketing training. Apart from including the ABCs of the subject, such trainings also come up with a project that adds value to your resume. The highly engaging concepts, accessibility, and affordability are few of the attractions of e-learning.
With the advancement of technology, digital marketing has become one of the highest job-generating industries to work in. Doing a training in the same, increases your knowledge and develops your skills that are essential today to land top-notch jobs in the digital marketing industry.
Here are the top 5 trending aspects of digital marketing that you can learn in 2019.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – Search engine optimisation or SEO, is a process of optimising content on your website or blog, based on keywords so that your platform appears on top of search engine rankings. As per Marketo, around 67% of the total clicks go to the first 5 listings on search results. Thus, it is exceptionally important for the organisations to rank on top and seek clicks which will lead to higher conversions of customers. Learning SEO tactics can help you fetch great opportunities with recognized organisations.
- Email Marketing – As one of the most personalised, interactive, and informative medium of communication, e-mail always gathers instant attention of the customers. Email marketing has experienced exceptional growth in the past few years and thus, employers are looking for smart marketers who can hit the bulls-eye with their prominent communication strategies.
- Content Marketing – There is a thin line between promoting and informing, and content marketing is the art of building the latter. As per a recent article by Forbes, 82% of the customers made an online purchase on the basis of the content marketing done by that company. Without content, no digital marketing goal can be achieved, thus, producing informative, educative, and relevant content is what businesses aim for. As it is a pillar of all the other online marketing concepts, content marketing is a major skill that millennials are inclined towards.
- Mobile Marketing – Mobile is the only channel of communication that sleeps and wakes up with the user. From being in our pockets to sitting with us on the work desk, mobile phones are everywhere. To ensure that a fine streak of marketing campaign always keep the audience in touch, companies are working on everything from SMS and online ads to app marketing. A mobile marketing training can assist you in deploying your skills of convincing the mobile phone based audience through well optimised websites, email, SMS and MMS, social media platforms, and apps.
- Social Media Marketing – Apart from posting selfies, liking memes, and making new friends, people are doing a lot more on social media platforms. Showing ads between Facebook videos is not just a new trend, but is a phenomenon that can change customers’ purchase cycle. Businesses are constantly in search of such smart brains who can creatively produce engaging content for social media platforms. So, if scrolling through Instagram and Facebook feed in your leisure time is one of your habits, you can simply develop this habit into a skill by learning social media marketing and creating engaging content for the audience.
In the past few years, digital marketing has churned out countless employment opportunities for people who are passionate and well informed about what’s happening in the digital world. And, with the growth of technological convergence, the availability of job prospects will certainly go higher in this specific field. For people who love experimenting and following the fast paced technological waves, digital marketing is the perfect sector to dive in!
Courtesy: Sarvesh Agrawal is the founder and CEO of Internshala, an internships and trainings platform (internshala.com)