New Delhi, India. Jul 21, 2017: It is said that islands offer the most beautiful backdrop for a refreshing getaway. From beach parties to water sports, and sun kissed hair to the hammocks, long walks, amazing sunrises and equally mesmerizing sunsets.
Be it sensational Santorini to the mainland of Greece or the beautiful Philippines, islands have always captured the essence romance and have been the ultimate getaway for wanderers, mentioned ANI report.
India also has some of the most amazing islands and the adventurous getaways offer the travelers with a handful of marvelous experiences.
Following are the most exquisite islands that a traveler filled with wanderlust should check out once in life:
- Havelock Island: Scuba diving is one of the most popular activities in this island and this offers the travelers with amazing experiences to witness the ethereal depths of the Andaman Sea and view the alluring vista of the fish and coral. The interesting and exciting Andaman tour packages have made it more popular over the years.
- Grand Island: Goa happens to be one of the most famous and incredible getaway destinations. But some of the parts still remain untrodden. Right below the serenity of the divine blue water, there lies the beautiful bed of corals, fishes, turtles and dolphins; the threshold to which remain unexplored at the ‘Grand Island’, and this island offers the best snorkeling experience to the travelers.
- Rameshwaram: Located between Sri Lanka and India, the beautiful island of Rameshwaram offers kayaking in the coastline south India to enjoy the marine life in the backdrop of the mythical Bridge of Pamban.
- Willingdon Island: A perfect amalgamation of tradition and cosmopolitan, this place of the coastal area of Cochin, provides a traveler with the most invigorating experience. With a blend of visually stunning architecture and modern backdrop, one should engage in the refreshing and relaxing powers of Ayurveda with the help of the expert masseurs and also gorge on some mouth-watering delicacies of Kerala.
- Port Blair: The history of India’s struggle for freedom can be reminisced in Port Blair. With a trip to the Central Jail, and the iconic Ross Island left by the British and experiencing the light and sound show, explorers get to truly enjoy the unmatched history of Port Blair.
– by Antara Kumar of NewsGram. Twitter @ElaanaC