Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
Travelling is something that a majority of us enjoy. Every time a new vacation is planned, most of us end up purchasing new items. Each traveler has their own travel requirements, however, travelling light appears to be a problem for many. Buying things and spending too much money right before a great trip may be stressful occasionally. If you are a person who is afraid to pack and always carries a lot of bags on your journeys, this post is for you.
Listed here are 5 must-have travel necessities for your next adventure!
- The Appropriate Bag: This seems to be an obvious one, but, do you truly know if you have the appropriate bag? If you believe that a huge hollow bag is the best option, you are mistaken. What is the most effective method to avoid over packing? It is to use a smaller bag. This will decrease the desire to keep adding additional items to your list, and will push you to prioritize what you need. Choose a smaller bag with a large number of storage compartments. You'll be able to store a greater number of items this way. And you won't have to go through the bother of unpacking the entire suitcase just to find one thing!
- Smart Phone: Never forget to bring your smart phone with you. You have a camera, a map, travel information, and access to a variety of essential information all in one gadget that you can carry about in your pocket. Additionally, if you are a frequent traveler, you should consider investing in a power bank to ensure that you do not experience battery drainage troubles. The gadget may be utilized while commuting by bus or subway. Using this device, you can charge all of your required gadgets without the need for an external power source at all.
if you are a frequent traveler, you should consider investing in a power bank to ensure that you do not experience battery drainage troubles. Wikimedia
- Cash and debit/ credit card: Depending on where you're going, you'll need to be well prepared in terms of how much money you'll need to bring with you to be on the safer side, or in case something unexpected happens. Sometimes extra charges are incurred while using a service, or a travel tax needs to be paid, so extra cash or a debit/ credit card is a must-have.
- Medications: Traveling with a tiny home pharmacy is one of the best things you can do to keep yourself safe. Prepare yourself for unexpected headaches, muscle pains, or a fever that can spoil your vacation. Also pack a few analgesics and antipyretics. Traveling to specific locations and sampling their cuisine might result in the consumption of certain bacteria and occasionally microorganisms that generate toxic chemicals which disrupt intestinal peristalsis. Probiotics may be beneficial in such instances.
Traveling to specific locations and sampling their cuisine might result in the consumption of certain bacteria and occasionally microorganisms that generate toxic chemicals that disrupt the intestinal peristalsis. Photo by Volodymyr Hryshchenko on Unsplash
- Comfortable clothes: More often than not, travel means packing clothes which might not be your finest. While you decide which clothing to bring, pick items in three colors so that you may mix and match each piece for various days or for different situations. Additionally, cargo pants are the greatest companion to any traveler. You can load your pockets with items to remove the burden from your backpack. And they're so convenient to wear!
Now that you've completed your packing, you're ready to move on to a new trip. However, the pandemic has made travel difficult, so don't forget to take hand sanitizer as well as a pair of face masks with you.
Keywords: travel, packing, must have, bag, cash, medicines, clothes, covid
Among the Tamil epics written during the Sangam age, only a few survived to this day. Manimegalai is one such. It is written as a sequel to the Sillapadikaram, taking the story forward of Kovalan and Madhavi's daughter, Manimegalai. The Sillapadikaram is about the injustice of the Madurai kingdom in the execution of Kovalan, which turned Kannagi, his wife into a goddess seeking vengeance for her husband's death. Kovalan, before his death, has an affair with a court dancer, Madhavi, and his daughter, Manimegalai, is said to begin a different tradition among the Tamils.
The epic, written by Sattanar, introduces Buddhism to Dravidian culture, something that has been alien to them for years. Manimegalai is the protagonist, who flees constantly from the pursuit of Chola prince Udhayakumara, and tries to lead an ascetic life. Throughout the plot, Buddhist tenets are used to avoid the culmination of a love-story. Manimegalai is believed to be the anti-love story sequel to the Sillapadikaram.
A complete work of Tamil epic written by hand on leaves Image source: wikimedia commons
The Sillapadikaram was written by a Jain monk, Illango Adigal, and Sattanar, uses the sequel to question Jainism. It is almost a political battle between two new religions competing for a place in a predominantly Hindu society. Parts of Manimegalai even go to the extent of opening ridiculing Jain practices and beliefs.
Critics of Tamil literature have stated that while the Tamil epics have great poetic significance, they are inferior to other world epics when it comes to clearly portraying religious affiliations. In fact, they refer to the newer religions with an infant's perspective. Some scholars have found that Sillapadikaram has more ethical substance than its sequel, but in and of itself, despite being written by a Jain monk, reads like Hindu poetry (Subhramanya Aiyar, 1906).
Keywords: Manimegalai, Sillapadikaram, Tamil Epic, Sattanar, Ilango Adigal, Chola kingdom, Sangam Age, Buddhism
The Covid-19 pandemic could act as an inflection point to shift India's growth model from being consumption driven to investments-led. In its Ecoscope report, Motilal Oswal Financial Services, said: "With Covid-19 hurting India's 'Household' (HH) and 'Government' sectors adversely, the continuity of strong consumption growth is in question."
"On the contrary, with listed companies' financial positions improving and an uptick in household investments in the Real Estate sector (called physical savings), the narrative of investment-led recovery is gaining momentum." The report prescribed that various economic participants - households, governments, listed companies, and unlisted corporates -- to increase their fixed asset investments in the immediate future based on their financial position.
The Covid-19 pandemic could act as an inflection point to shift India's growth model from being consumption driven to investments-led. | Photo by Fusion Medical Animation on Unsplash
At present, the listed and unlisted corporate sector accounts for only about half of total investments in India. The 'HH' sector including unincorporated enterprises accounts for 35-40 per cent in India's investments, while the remaining 12-13 per cent is contributed by centre and states governments. Besides, the report cited that demand environment is expected to remain subdued due to weak financial position of 'HH' and government sector.
"Despite household investments picking up strongly in 2HFY21, given that Indian households bore the maximum brunt of Covid-led losses in CY20 (and CY21), we believe household spending would remain subdued over the next few years." It further pointed out that unless 'HH', 'Unlisted Corporate', and government sectors can improve their financial positions -- leading to a demand uptick -- a strong revival in investments seems challenging. (IANS/ MBI)
Keywords: India, covid, pandemic, growth, household, government, investment
SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk has said that next time the Dragon spacecraft will have food warmer and free WiFi. Taking to Twitter, the crew of Inspiration4 shared a checklist of things they have been enjoying while orbiting safely around the Earth.
"Can't believe we're eating cold pizza in space. It's extraordinary!" Inspiration4 tweeted. In response, Musk apologised for the cold food, saying: "Sorry, it was cold! Dragon will have food warmer and free WiFi next time."
Inspiration4 Crew | Wikimedia Commons
After lifting off for space, SpaceX's Inspiration4, the first all-civilian crew, is healthy, happy and doing well in the orbit, the company said recently. The mission lifted off at 8.02 p.m. (EDT) on Wednesday (5.30 am IST on Thursday) aboard SpaceX's Falcon 9 rocket and Dragon spacecraft from the historic Launch Complex 39 in NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
It is commanded by tech entrepreneur Jared Isaacman who has been joined by medical officer Haley Arceneaux, a pediatric cancer survivor; Mission Specialist Chris Sembroski, an Air Force veteran and aerospace data engineer; and Mission Pilot Sian Proctor, a geoscientist, entrepreneur and trained pilot. (IANS/ MBI)
Keywords: Elon Musk, SpaceX, Inspiration4, Dragon, Wifi, food