Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
By- Shruti Ghadigaonkar
It's a familiar feeling – after months of hard work and meeting endless deadlines, you are bitten by the travel bug again. You yearn to take off to an unknown destination with your family in tow but are not prepared to meet the stress of booking hotels and tours. Here's an idea: why not trust a known company that offers timeshare holidays in the most exquisite Indian and foreign locations, at a reasonable cost, for 25 years? We're recommending a Club Mahindra membership – the following article shows you why.
The timeshare holiday concept…
Originally a Western concept, timeshare holidays are offered by various companies in India too. However, Club Mahindra was the country's first timeshare holiday company. It has gone from strength to strength over the years, adding more destinations annually than any other comparable company. Besides, it continues to enrich the holiday in several ways, from adding fun experiences to offering exclusive tie-ups for curated experiences in the city of your residence.
Follow NewsGram on Facebook to stay updated.
But what exactly is a timeshare holiday?
- Essentially, it is a shared vacation ownership
- Suppose you pay the Club Mahindra membership fees. The membership gives you a certain number of vacation days in Club Mahindra's holiday resorts in India and abroad. The timeshare model lets you 'own' the vacation at different destinations, at your preferred season and accommodation in the destination city or country
- Thus, a timeshare offers a second home experience for families who want quick getaways every year in different locations without the stress of booking hotels and planning an exhaustive itinerary. Several families, indeed, prefer to spend most of their holiday time at the property and venture out only to nearby spots. Others may have a more action-filled holiday and return to the resort to rest and restore themselves
- With a Club Mahindra membership, you get the most premium holidays at superb locations in world-class resorts and affiliate hotels. From the best on-site amenities, resort-arranged tours and sightseeing, and star meals, your holiday becomes a memorable one for you and your loved ones every year
- Thus, it's a guaranteed holiday every year for a week – that's the Club Mahindra timeshare model – from the year that you purchase the Club Mahindra membership.
You get your pick of over 100 superb Club Mahindra resorts and affiliate hotels when holidaying in the destination country. Wikipedia
What do the Club Mahindra membership fees entail?
There is never a good reason not to book a Club Mahindra membership. Club Mahindra holidays offer the best bang for your buck, with scores of enthralling Indian and foreign destinations to choose from. Plus, you get your pick of over 100 superb Club Mahindra resorts and affiliate hotels when holidaying in the destination country. Here's what the Club Mahindra membership fees give you, among other benefits:
- Holidays in the best domestic and international destinations for 25 years. That's a lifetime of vacations and the chance to tick off over 25 places on your travel bucket list
- You get a week's worth of holidays every year with your membership. You can take the entire week in a year, or if you want a longer trip, advance the next year's week or some days into your current trip. Or if you like shorter holidays, then you can break your 7 days' holidays into two or three days each. There is a lot of flexibility in your holiday plans with Club Mahindra holidays.
- The membership is competitively priced, and you spend nearly as much as you would spend if you were to book the holiday by yourself, from start to finish. Plus, there's the benefit of not having to look up hotels and resorts, or restaurants to eat at, or even places to see – the Club Mahindra property you stay at is not just tastefully furnished, but every resort or hotel features the best restaurants, on-site recreation options and world-class amenities. Desk staff also offer help in getting around and seeing the best tourist spots, etc.
- Each resort and affiliate hotel features fun activities for guests, adults and children alike. You can look forward to family-oriented fun experiences ranging from trekking to aquatic sports, workshops for kids and adults to games. Most resorts also offer meals specially curated for children and those with special dietary needs, on request. Club Mahindra resorts follow the strictest hygiene and sanitation protocols given the current pandemic situation. Expect frequent fogging and sanitation, daily room hygiene clean-up, sanitisers kept in all the common areas, on-call doctors in case of medical distress, etc.
- Club Mahindra offers you the freedom to choose the kind of holiday you desire, at a season of your choosing, with accommodation that you prefer. The membership is divided into four colour-coded categories – do get in touch with the company or check out the Club Mahindra website to understand each category and which one works best for you.
- Besides this, you can even optimise the seven days' worth of holidays every year to suit your personal needs. Club Mahindra gives you the leeway to lengthen or shorten your holiday in the year. Choose the entire one week for a single holiday, or break it into two or three shorter holidays. If you are going abroad and want a longer vacation, you can advance next year's 7 days into your current vacation to get two weeks of holiday time
- That's not all – you can even choose to buy the Club Mahindra membership in EMIs rather than spend the entire fee amount upfront. The EMIs are ranged from 6 to 48 months, and the starting booking amount is just Rs 9,990.
- Adding even more excitement to the mix: Club Mahindra offers your extended family and friends to travel with you on your holiday. Just swap your current holiday inventory for a larger group and enjoy a fun vacation with the people that matter the most to you!
Now all that remains is to take the membership and enjoy a lifetime of the greatest holidays you will ever have with your loved ones.
Disclaimer: (This article is sponsored and include some commercial links)
As weather cleared up in Uttarakhand, Char Dham Yatra restored on Friday with more than 16,000 devotees resuming the pilgrimage from the Rishikesh camp.
According to sources, road leading to Badrinath has been repaired and helicopter service has also resumed.
Meanwhile, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami visited Dungi village and met families of people who were missing after the landslip incident, and consoled them.
Dhami assured them of all possible assistance. Two people from the village are still reported to be missing.
Pilgrims were seen leaving from Rishikesh Char Dham Bus terminal and Haridwar bus station for the pilgrimage since morning.
As per the state government, various departments -- Devasthanam Board, police are assisting the pilgrims.
Police Chowki Yatra Bus Terminal, Rishikesh, was announcing passenger-information via loudspeaker.
Free RT-PCR tests of pilgrims were being conducted at Rishikesh bus terminal.
Uttarakhand Char Dham Devasthanam Management Board's media in-charge Dr Harish Gaur said pilgrimage was on in Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri, while for Kedarnath, helicopter service was also available.
Though the weather was cold in all dhams, thankfully there was no rain, he added.
Portals of the temple in Badrinath will close on November 20, Gangotri on November 5, while that of Kedarnath and Yamunotri on November 6.
Uttarakhand floods, triggered by a major downpour from October 17 to 19, have claimed 65 lives so far, 3,500 people have been rescued while 16,000 evacuated to safety.
Seventeen teams of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), seven teams of State Disaster Response Force (SDRF), 15 companies of Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) and 5,000 police personnel have been engaged in rescue and relief operations.
The state has already been provided with Rs 250 crore Disaster Fund which is being used for relief works.
To prevent spread of the diseases, the Central and state governments have decided to send medical teams to the affected areas.
Snapped power lines will be restored at the earliest, the government assured.
The state government said that as soon as alert for heavy rainfall was issued, the Incident Response System was activated at state and district levels, and pilgrims were halted at safer places. (IANS/JB)
Keywords: Uttarakhand, India, Char Dham Yatra, PushkarDhami, Rishikesh.
The Centre has continued the Naga peace talks with the Isak-Muivah faction of National Socialist Council of Nagalim (NSCN-IM) leaders, but negotiations face roadblocks as the Naga leaders are adamant in their main demands for a separate Constitution and flag.
The sources aware of these developments said that the Centre was hopeful that a successful solution of the six decades-long peace talks would arrive at a logical conclusion, but in the recent statements, Naga leaders have accused the Centre of offering post-solution options.
Sources quoting the stand of Naga leaders said that NSCN's stand was loud and clear that it would not follow the forbidden route to the Naga solution that was linked to foregoing the Naga national flag and Constitution, which is the face of the Naga political struggle and identity.
The Naga leaders have also said that the Centre has been using divisive policy and flattery in the name of finding the Naga political solution when the matters heated up.
When the Centre resumed the peace process in September this year and sent the former special director of the Intelligence Bureau (IB) A.K. Mishra as the Ministry of Home Affairs' emissary to the rebel outfit's chief negotiator and general secretary T. Muivah, he assured him (Muivah) that the peace talks would be initiated under the original framework signed in 2015, a source in the Naga rebel group said.
"Here we are talking about the Naga national flag and Yehzabo (Constitution), the two issues that are holding up the Naga solution under the ongoing Indo-Naga political talks in Delhi.
"The chequered history of the Indo-Naga political issue is clear enough before us, with accords and agreements that were never meant to be implemented in letter and spirit", an important office-bearer of the rebel outfit said while criticizing the governments' stand.
Accusing the Centre, he further accused the Centre of persuading the Naga people again to accept whatever is being offered to hurry up the Naga talks.
On the invitation of the Centre, the senior leaders of the NSCN-IM including T. Muivah arrived in the national capital on October 6 this year to hold another round of talks with the Centre.
Both, the Centre and the Naga leaders had indicated their keenness on resolving this long pending issue by the end of this year in an amicable manner.
Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sharma, who is also chairman of North East Democratic Alliance (NEDA), and Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio had been actively involved in the resumption of the peace talks and taking it forward to a logical conclusion.
Soon after the transfer of Nagaland Governor R.N. Ravi, who was appointed as the Centre's interlocutor for the Naga peace talks on August 29, 2014, to Tamil Nadu, the peace talks resumed on September 20 in Kohima when the Centre representative met the Naga leaders and invited them to visit Delhi for further rounds of peace talks.
The NSCN-IM and the other outfits entered into a ceasefire agreement with the Government of India in 1997 and over 80 rounds of negotiations with the Centre have been held in the past in successive governments. (IANS/JB)
Keywords: Nagaland, India, Constitution, Politics, Flag.
The series decider for the Test series between England and India will now be played at Edgbaston from July 1 next year, said the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) on Friday. India is currently leading the series 2-1 before the fifth Test at Old Trafford was cancelled hours before the start due to concerns over COVID-19 outbreak in the tourists' camp.
"The fifth match of the LV= Insurance Test Series between England Men and India Men has been rescheduled and will now take place in July 2022. The match, which was due to take place last month at Emirates Old Trafford, was called off when India were unable to field a team due to fears of a further increase in the number of Covid-19 cases inside the camp," said an ECB statement.
"With India leading the series 2-1, the concluding fifth match will now take place from July 1, 2022, at Edgbaston, following an agreement between the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) and the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)," added the statement.
ECB also said that due to the rescheduled Test, the white-ball series between England and India will now start six days later than originally planned. The T20I series will begin on July 7 at Ageas Bowl with Edgbaston and Trent Bridge hosting the second and third matches respectively on July 9 and 10. It will be followed by the ODI series starting on July 12 at The Oval followed by Lord's and Old Trafford hosting the second and third ODI on July 14 and 17 respectively.
"Ticket holders do not have to take any action as all tickets will remain valid for the equivalent rearranged matchday at their host venue. Host venues will communicate the new fixture details to ticket purchasers and the options available to them, including the timeframe for requesting a refund if they are not able to attend the new match day," further said the statement.
"We are very pleased that we have reached an agreement with BCCI to creating a fitting end to what has been a brilliant series so far. I'm very grateful to all the venues involved for the cooperation they've shown in allowing us to reschedule this match. I'd also like to thank Cricket South Africa for their support and understanding to allow these changes to be possible," said Tom Harrison, the CEO of the ECB.
"We would like to apologise again to fans for the disruption and disappointment of September events. We know it was a day that so many had planned long in advance. We recognise that accommodating this extra match means a tighter schedule for the white ball series. We will continue to manage our players' welfare and workloads through next year while we also continue to seek the optimum schedule for fans, players and our partners across the game."
"I am delighted that the England-India Test series will now have its rightful conclusion. The four Test matches were riveting, and we needed a fitting finale. The BCCI recognizes and respects the traditional form of the game and is also mindful of its role and obligations towards fellow Board Members. In the last two months, both BCCI and the ECB have been engaged in discussions and our efforts were aimed at finding a suitable window. I thank the ECB for their understanding and patience in finding an amicable solution," said BCCI Secretary Jay Shah. (IANS/JB)
Keywords: India, Britain, BCCI, Test Match, Cricket.