New Delhi, Feb 12, 2017: As per a report published in a leading news portal, Income Tax Department has requested Election Commission to derecognise AAP’s (Aam Aadmi Party) status as a political party following clinching evidence of ‘faulty’ audit presented by the AAP.
I-T report advocates for the cause of Chanda Bandh Satyagraha or No list No Donation campaign that demands AAP to restore the financial transparency in line with its founding principle.
NewsGram brings to you latest new stories in India.
The IT department concludes that:
- On donations amounting to Rs.27 crore, AAP has submitted a false and fabricated report.
These reports were submitted between 2013 and 2015.
- The donor’s list of 2013-14 show donations equalling Rs 20.5 crore out of Rs 50.6 crore to be from unknown.
- In the financial year, 2014-2015 recorded donations up to Rs 6.5 crore from dubious sources.
- The details of income tax records of 177 donors were missing from the new revised list.
Details of 874 donors in both the lists were missing and inappropriate. Many records of the donors were found to be fabricated.
- People donating less than 20,000 were not mentioned.
- Income tax report spotted differences between the AAP’s bank statement, the details published on its website and what was submitted to the Election Commission.
- According to the I-T department as mentioned in Hindustan Times report: “…It was admitted by the treasurer of the party, vide his reply filed on 15.10.2016, that certain errors had been noticed in the contribution report” for 2013-14.
- This makes loud and clear that AAP has been manipulating its donor’s list and in order to hide ILLICIT funding and misappropriation, it has hidden its donor list under the pretext of harassment and technical errors.
- Chanda Band Satyagraha demands AAP’s Chanda Chor coterie to own up their fraud and STOP calling themselves ‘champions of clean politics’.
Go to NewsGram and check out news related to political current issues.
-contributed by Himanshi Goyal of Chanda Bandh SatyagrahaClick here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 NewsGram