How to age gracefully? Has this thought been crossing your mind lately? You are not alone with it!
The first thing to understand is that all of us are afraid of aging, and it’s okay to feel that way! Indeed, as time flies, the number of candles on a birthday cake may become a bit daunting. This especially applies to women, who often tend to have depression caused by aging. Some things get better with age!
The key is to approach every year of life as an exciting new chapter! Every moment of our lives is beautiful, so it’s vital to take the most of it and, in this article, we will tell you how!
Although most people recommend doing sports (which is, without a doubt, important) to stay healthy and young, we are not going to remind you of that. Instead, we would like to insist on the regular practise of meditation!
In our fast-paced world, it is quite hard not to go nuts under pressure. It causes lots of stress, which contributes to faster aging. Thus, it is important to let yourself take a break, relax, breathe, and meditate! Adding meditation to your daily routine will help you feel more relaxed. Not to mention its positive effect on health.
Many famous people promote meditation. Eva Mendes (43) and Jennifer Lopez (47) both call meditation the key to graceful aging, and we have to admit that they look flawless!
2. FIND A HOBBY
One more thing you can do to stop feeling the age and make every day memorable and fun is to find an exciting hobby. Here are some examples to opt for:
- Gardening – Andi Macdowell is going into her 60’s and still looks fabulous. She says that gardening is her secret of youth. First of all, this hobby helps her to remain slim and toned. At the same time, it is good for her diet as she always has a bunch of fresh fruits and vegetables!
- Running – many famous people, including Julie Bowen, made morning running a habit and all highlight the positive effect of this hobby on their wellbeing.
- Art – it is a sound therapy from stress and aging, and it can be pretty much anything from painting to writing poems. The more you devote yourself to creativity, the less aged you become. Scientist claim that mental action also can be count as art. For instance, if you are eager to work at essay writer service such as Essay Pro or the translation agency, your brain will remain young and adaptive because of the constant thinking process.
- Extreme hobbies – while most people prefer to age stress-free, some celebrities don’t agree with that. For example, Harrison Ford flies planes and helicopters, Madonna enjoys horseback riding, and Bill Murray is a skydiver!
3. GET ENOUGH OF SLEEP
- So much has been said about the importance of sleep already. However, it is impossible to avoid this tip talking about graceful aging! If you will feel refreshed and full of energy, you will stop feeling the age and will rather start enjoying every moment of life to the fullest! Deprivation of sleep, on the contrary, makes people look older.
Jared Leto, who is now 45 (although he looks much younger), claims that all he does for looking young is getting enough of sleep every day. Other celebs, including Jenifer Aniston, Oprah, and Bill Gates also give credits to healthy sleep and claim that they need it to look good and stay creative.
4. USE SUN PROTECTION
Most of people love sunbathing in the summer. But not many consider the harm that ultraviolet can cause to their skin. Though the sun nourishes us with vital vitamin D, it also accelerates degeneration of collagen in our skin. In simple words, it makes your skin age faster.
To avoid the damaging effect of sun rays, dermatologists advise applying sun protection each time you are going out on a hot day. Sunscreen moisturizes your skin, keeps it smooth, and protects from ultraviolet. Wearing a hat and sunglasses is also a good idea. These tips will help preserve the elasticity of the skin and protect you from wrinkles, dark spots, etc.
A good example of graceful aging is shown by a famous actress Nicole Kidman. Nicole has recently crossed a point of 50 years, but she remains an etalon of beauty. Looking at her glowing skin, many fans are wondering how she keeps it so young-looking. Well, guess what? In one of her interviews, Nicole admitted that using sunscreen is among her daily must-do’s.
5. KEEP UP WITH THE LATEST TRENDS
Getting older doesn’t mean that your style should “look older” too. Keeping up with trends and revising your style can actually help you feel younger. Yes, you can stick to a more classy look, but why not to spice it up with a trending accessory or some vivid colors!
Talking about style, we can look at Carmen Dell’Orefice and George Clooney. Not only they always look stylish, but they are also not afraid to embrace their grays, and they rock it!
All tips mentioned above will help you look younger and always stay in trend. Some of the reasons why people are aging without pleasure are tiredness, health concerns, stress, and depression. However, eventually, it all comes down to the fear of getting old. Forget about this fear and use the tips given above, and your life will transform! Add to this drinking plenty of water, having a healthy diet, exercising, and you will rock it regardless of age!
Author’s Bio: This post is written by Mary Hampton. Mary is a specialist in the spheres of business, marketing, technology, and education. Currently, Mary works as a professional writer at EssayPro. Mary says she was always fascinated by people, who manage to age gracefully and preserve the youthful spirit regardless of their age. In this post, she is sharing some of the best tips that will help everyone always stay in trend, feel and look young even in any age! To learn more about the author, visit her Twitter handle: @MaryHam88743151