Thursday January 23, 2020
Home Lead Story Apple Cuts it...

Apple Cuts its Current Production Plan For New iPhones by About 10 Per Cent

The latest revision to future production applies to all new iPhone models -- the XS Max, XS and XR, Nikkei Asian Review reported citing sources familiar with the matter

0
//
Apple, women
The Apple logo is shown outside the company's Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, California. VOA

Apple asked its suppliers to produce fewer new iPhones than planned for the quarter late last month – before the January 2 revelation that the Cupertino, California-headquartered tech giant would miss its revenue forecasts at the end of 2018, the report said.

It’s the second time in two months that the iPhone maker has trimmed its planned production for the flagship device.

In a letter to investors on January 2, Apple CEO Tim Cook said that for the quarter ending December 29, the company now expects revenue of approximately $84 billion, down from the $89 to $93 billion it had previously projected.

Apple, Iphone XR, Apple Watch
Apple trims 10% production plan for iPhones: Report. Flickr Commons

“We did not foresee the magnitude of the economic deceleration, particularly in greater China,” Cook said in the letter.

“We believe the economic environment in China has been further impacted by rising trade tensions with the United States,” he added.

Also Read- External Affairs Minister Considers Terrorism, WMD and Climate Change As Critical Challenges Today

The request to cut production for the January-March quarter of this year suggests that the iPhone maker is expecting a further hit this year.

The latest revision to future production applies to all new iPhone models — the XS Max, XS and XR, Nikkei Asian Review reported citing sources familiar with the matter. (IANS)

Next Story

Apple To Start Production of Low-Cost iPhone Soon

Planning for the new handset was reported in September by Japanese news outlet Nikkei Asian Review

0
Apple
Apple is reportedly ready to return to the low-cost phone market after an absence of four years. Pixabay

The low cost successor to iPhone SE is getting into mass production next month and Apple could release it in March.

Apple is reportedly ready to return to the low-cost phone market after an absence of four years, CNET reported on Tuesday.

The handset — believed to be comparable in size to the 4.7-inch iPhone 8 from 2017 — would be Apple’s first low-cost smartphone since 2016’s $399 iPhone SE.

It is pertinent to note that the iPhone SE was one of company’s most successful mobile devices in the past half-decade because of a combination of reasons.

Price was a factor but it also offered long-time iPhone fans a reprieve from all the design changes that Apple was doing.

Apple
The low cost successor to iPhone SE is getting into mass production next month and Apple could release it in March. Pixabay

Planning for the new handset was reported in September by Japanese news outlet Nikkei Asian Review.

ALSO READ: Samsung India Grabs Top Position in Refrigerator Market With 33.9% Market Share

The phone will share most components with the current line up of iPhones and use a cheaper LCD display to keep the cost low, according to the Japanese paper, the CNET report added. (IANS)