Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
Apple has introduced a software update for HomePod just ahead of next week’s Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) 2018 that will bring features such as AirPlay 2 or multi-room audio and iMessages in iCloud.
“HomePod, the wireless speaker from Apple, now delivers an even more immersive listening experience throughout the home with support for HomePod stereo pairs and a new multi-room audio system in iOS 11.4,” the iPhone maker said in a statement late on Tuesday.
AirPlay 2 also brings stereo dual-HomePod music playback to HomePods.
“This software update introduces the most advanced, wireless multi-room audio system using AirPlay 2 to play music in any room from any room, move music from one room to another or play the same song everywhere using an iOS device, HomePod, Apple TV or by asking Siri,” the company added.
Another overdue and key feature in iOS 11.4 is the addition of Messages in iCloud which syncs across all devices and deletes iMessages across everything.
It also backs up iMessages so that any new device in the account can get old iMessages without restoring a backup.
Messages in iCloud would use end-to-end encryption and use Cloud storage instead of local storage for message archives and attachments.
iMessage is an instant messaging service developed by Apple Inc which is supported by the Messages application in iOS 5 OS and later versions and OS X Mountain Lion and later. (IANS)
By Peeyoosh Rankhamb
Parents, do you have any doubts regarding what to feed your newborn during the first year? Are you becoming anxious because of this? What should be the eating schedule for your baby?
The right kind of nutrition during the early years of life can help in the growth and development of the little one. Thus, exclusive feeding for over a year as per the doctor's advice remains key for your baby to stay healthy and keep various allergies, infections, and diseases away. Breastfeeding is vital for the baby and fulfils the baby's requirement of nutrition. At six months you need to also introduce the baby to solid foods.
Here's a list of do's and don'ts that you need to follow
* Do not introduce your baby to solid foods immediately after the first few months. The little one may not be ready for it and you will have a tough time making the baby eat this food. You should give breast milk to your child and formula milk can be given after consulting the doctor. Just be patient and follow the suggestions given by the expert.
You should give breast milk to your child and formula milk can be given after consulting the doctor. | Photo by Lucy Wolski on Unsplash
* The mother must breastfeed the baby after every two hours, including at the night. You need to properly understand the hunger cues that the baby gives you. Do not force the baby to take feeds. He/she can get grumpy and annoyed. You need to note down how many times the baby is taking feeds in a day, and if he/she is feeding correctly.
The mother must breastfeed the baby after every two hours, including at the night. | Photo by Jordan Whitt on Unsplash
* Make sure that you inculcate healthy eating habits in your babies that can help him/her throughout life. Solid foods should be introduced after six months depending on the growth and development of the baby. Do not give nuts, raisins, peanuts, nuts, jelly cubes or big pieces of food that may get stuck in the mouth.
Solid foods should be introduced after six months depending on the growth and development of the baby. | Photo by hui sang on Unsplash
* Give properly cooked or mashed potatoes, veggies, cheese, bananas, and peas. Do not introduce babies to finger foods as they are unhealthy. Make him/her eat whole fruits instead of chips or oily snacks.
Do not introduce babies to finger foods as they are unhealthy. | Photo by Anna Stampfli on Unsplash
* Chocolate contains caffeine and sugar and should be avoided after all you don't want to give your baby caffeine, right? This is so because your baby's health matters to you the most. Hence, it will be essential for you to make sure your baby is eating healthy foods.
It will be essential for you to make sure your baby is eating healthy foods. | Photo by Derek Owens on Unsplash
* Before giving an egg, ask the expert as an egg can lead to allergies. Raw vegetables contain high levels of nitrate and should be avoided owing to the choking hazards.
Before giving an egg, ask the expert as an egg can lead to allergies. | Photo by Hannah Tasker on Unsplash
In case you want to understand the diet in a better way than just consult an expert who will help you regarding how to feed the baby in the correct way.
(Article originally published on IANSlife) (IANS/ MBI)
Keywords: feed, baby, six, months, health, expert, year one, eating, food
Samsung Electronics will quickly decide on a foundry investment in the US, a senior executive said Tuesday, as the South Korean tech giant seeks to become the world's number one player in the logic chip and foundry sectors. Samsung Electronics, the world's number two foundry firm behind Taiwan's TSMC, announced in May that it will build a $17 billion fab in the US.
Samsung's de facto leader Lee Jae-yong is widely speculated to visit the US, possibly next month, to finalise the site, with the city of Taylor, Texas, emerging as the strongest candidate. Other candidates include Arizona, New York, and Austin, Texas. Kim Ki-nam, Vice Chairman and CEO of Samsung's device solutions division, said it takes time for the company to review all the factors such as "infrastructure, site, personnel and state incentives," and make a final decision.
"We are trying to make a decision as soon as possible," Kim told reporters on the sidelines of the Korea Electronics Show 2021, which is under way at an exhibition center in southern Seoul. He made the comments when asked whether Samsung will make an investment within this year. He did not elaborate, reports Yonhap news agency.
Separately, Kim said the company has been "calmly" preparing answers to a recent request by the US Department of Commerce about its semiconductor business. The US has asked global chipmakers, including Samsung, to share information on inventories and demanded other details by November 8 to "help improve trust and transparency within the supply chain." The request spawned concerns about the leak of chipmakers' major trade secrets. (IANS/ MBI)
Keywords: samsung, electronics, investment, US, chipmakers
It's been over two years since Hrithik Roshan appeared on celluloid. Fans have been waiting to witness his next performance on the silver screen and it seems like their wishes will be soon granted. Earlier, Hrithik had made an announcement about getting back to shooting schedule for the upcoming film 'Vikram Vedha'. And now, it's learnt that the actor has recently wrapped the first ever action sequence from the film.
The news came out when a few stuntmen from the film's set shared pictures of the sequence wrap. The stunt sequences seem to be quite crazy as suggested by the stuntmen. Talking about the same, a stuntman posted on his instagram as he wrote, "Wrapped up the first action sequence of Vikram Vedha. A big 'Thank you' to @parvez.shaikhh sir for this opportunity. Wouldn't have been possible without you ?? @hrithikroshan."
Another stuntman posted, "First craziest action sequence have done (sic).!! Cheer's To @hrithikroshan @parvez.shaikhh @stuntindia1 and all the stunt boys.!!"
'Vikram Vedha' is a Hindi remake of the runaway Tamil hit of the same name which was released in 2017. While the original action thriller starred R. Madhavan and Vijay Sethupathi, the Hindi version will see Hrithik Roshan squaring off against Saif Ali Khan. (IANS/ MBI)
Keywords: Hrithik Roshan, Vikram Vedha, action, sequence, wrap up