Home World At least 45 p...

At least 45 people including children killed in Syria by Russian and Government Airplane Attacks

Ever since the Syrian conflict began in March 2011, more than 280,000 have been killed

1
A bomb is released from Russian Su-34 strike fighter in Syria, Oct. 9, 2015. source- m.voanews
  • The strike hit the town of Qourieh in Deir el-Zour province
  • Local activists say loss of the town would be a significant setback for the terror group
  • Ever since the Syrian conflict began in March 2011, more than 280,000 have been killed

At least 45 people including children were killed in a Syrian town by Russian and Syrian government air planes, claims the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

The strike hit the town of Qourieh in Deir el-Zour province. It lies on the Iraqi borders and is mainly controlled by the Islamic State militant group, said the monitoring group.

Meanwhile, the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) rebel group, a coalition of Kurdish and Arab forces backed by aerial support from the U.S.-led coalition, clashed with IS inside Manbij, a key stronghold of the extremist group.

Follow NewsGram on twitter: @newsgram

The SDF pushed into the town from the southern edge, after gaining control of a wheat silo complex on its outskirts.

A Syrian woman walks past the burning wreckage of a car after air strikes. source-www.independent.co.uk
A Syrian woman walks past the burning wreckage of a car after air strikes. source-www.independent.co.uk

Manbij had been one of the major supply stops for IS militants through areas of northern Syria they control. Local activists say loss of the town would be a significant setback for the terror group.

Hundreds of Kurds have come under fire in northern Syria, several of them killed and wounded while trying to flee the crossfire of competing forces.

Follow NewsGram on facebook: NewsGram

The exodus began after IS abducted about 900 Kurdish civilians in Aleppo province over the past three weeks. Others were trying to flee Manbij surrounded by SDF fighters backed by the U.S.-led coalition.

Russian warplanes have been carrying out an air war in support of President Bashar al-Assad since September 2015.

Ever since the Syrian conflict began in March 2011, more than 280,000 have been killed. The conflict has also grown drastically, drawing in the global powers as well. (VOA)

ALSO READ:

Next Story

UP Govt Sets Record of Testing 4.85 Crore People for Covid

Over 1 lakh medical teams have been involved in the process of screening by UP government

0
crore
Uttar Pradesh government sets record of testing 4.85 crore persons for covid -19. Pixabay

The Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh has created a record of sorts by ensuring medical screening of 4.85 crore persons in the state for COVID-19 as per Latest news on coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

‘Our medical teams have reached out to 4.85 crore people in more than 78 lakh households for medical testing for corona. Over one lakh medical teams are actively involved in screening people,” said an official spokesman.

The spokesman said that ASHA (Accredited Social Health Activist) workers have also been included in the medical teams.

‘Nigrani’ Samitis have been set up at village levels to keep an eye on the corona suspects and monitor those in quarantine centres. The Samitis keep the concerned officials informed of the developments at the village level and help in medical screening.

crore
“Our medical teams have reached out to 4.85 crore people in more than 78 lakh households for medical testing for corona.”, said an official spokesman of Yogi government. Wikimedia Commons

Also Read: Nearly Half Urban Indians to Shop Online After Lockdown: Survey

The Chief Minister, while addressing the meeting of Team 11 on Wednesday, said that over one lakh beds were available in COVID hospitals in level one, two and three in the state. Of these 2,000 beds are fitted with ventilators.

The medical screening of migrant workers was continuing in all the quarantine centres and all workers who were returning home, were being provided ration kits. (IANS)

Next Story

Odisha Govt to Hold Rath Yatra Without Devotees this Year

Rath Yatra is said to be held in the absence of devotees this year

0
Rath Yatra devotees
Odisha government has ensured non-arrival of devotees to Puri. Wikimedia Commons

The annual Rath Yatra of Odisha government and his siblings could be performed provided the Odisha government ensured non-arrival of devotees to Puri, said Puri Gajapati Dibya Singha Deb, here on Saturday.

The Ratha Yatra could be organised with minimum servitors and without devotees if the Odisha government granted permission for the 9-day sojourn of deities, said the Puri Gajapati after a meeting of Shree Jagannath Temple Managing Committee during the day.

As part of Rath Yatra and Bahuda Yatra, three chariots would be pulled on the Badadanda (grand road) in presence of servitors, officials and policemen. Snana Yatra, scheduled on June 5, could be performed inside temple premises, he said.

The Ratha Yatra
The Ratha Yatra could be organised with minimum servitors and without devotees. Wikiimedia Commons

Also Read: The Future Of India will Be Based on ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’

He said the temple would remain closed till Niladribije in view of Covid-19 pandemic.

The Information and Public Relations Department will make arrangements for live telecast of Snana Yatra and Rath Yatra rituals. “I request devotees to stay safe at home and watch the telecast on television,” the Puri Gajapati said. (IANS)

Next Story

Tamil Nadu Relaxes TV Serial Shooting Restrictions Further

Tamil Nadu has relaxed conditions for TV serial shooting

0
Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K. Palaniswami has announced relaxation in TV serial shooting norms in the state. Wikimedia Commons

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K. Palaniswami on Saturday announced further relaxation in television shooting in the state.

In a statement issued here he said the television serial shooting will be allowed from May 31 onwards with a maximum of 60 persons at the spot including actors and technicians.

tripod
Initially the government had fixed the number of persons at the shooting spot at 20. Pixabay

The other conditions that the government had earlier laid down were: Shooting is allowed only indoors or in the houses having compound walls; No shooting is allowed in public places, except in rural and on COVID-19 containment areas; No permission for onlookers; Spraying of disinfectant before and after the shooting at the shoot spots; Barring actors, all others should wear masks and maintain social distance.

Also Read: Vaccine to Prevent COVID-19 Could be Ready by October End: Pfizer CEO

During breaks actors too should wear masks; All equipments, vehicles coming to the shooting spots should be sanitized. (IANS)