Monday August 20, 2018
Home World Baloch Activi...

Baloch Activists organize a week-long sit in to protest against China-Pakistan ‘nexus’

The protest has started from 25th September, 2016 and will end on October 1st, 2016 which is China's National Day

0
//
253
gwadar beach
Republish
Reprint

September 27, 2016: Free Balochistan Activists (FBM) have organized a week-long sit in front of Chinese Embassy in London to protest against China-Pakistan nexus. The protest has started from 25th Sept 2016 and will end on October 1, 2016, which is China’s National Day. The week-long campaign is to protest against the pillage of Balochistan’s natural resources by the China-Pakistan “nexus”.

The FBM which is a group of activists demanding for the liberty and withdrawal from Pakistan will seek to uncover China’s expansionist designs in Balochistan. The FBM described this campaign as a peaceful campaign against the China-Pakistan nexus. Two members of the FBM will sit in front of the Chinese Embassy every day and night for one week. On the last day of the campaign, the FBM will arrange a protest outside Embassy from 2 PM to 5 PM.

Follow NewsGram on Twitter

According to TOI reports, the FBM’s said, “China, ‘the 21st century East India Company in Balochistan,’ had been ‘looting’ Balochistan’s natural resources for decades with Pakistan’s help, and it had now “intensified its efforts to consolidate its permanent grip over Balochistan’s Gwadar coast and other areas wherein 2001 it sought to anchor its military outpost in the name of the Gwadar deep-sea port project.”

Further, the FBM supposed that Pakistan had procured China’s help to control the Baloch freedom struggle, for they knew it could not do so on its own. China is alleged of helping Pakistan with all types of financial and technical support in its evil design to change the demographic look out of Balochistan and make the Balochs a minority in their own land.

Follow NewsGram on Facebook

The protesters began the campaign with placards which said : “CPEC [China Pakistan Economic Border] is the corridor of death and destruction for Baloch” and “China: Hands off Balochistan”.

FBM says, this week’s campaign is open to all pro-Baloch freedom activists and human rights activists. FBM activist Faiz Baloch told TOI, “this UK-based protest is the third phase of an international campaign – following events organized in Germany in July, and outside the UN headquarters in New York earlier this month. After London, they’ll continue to protest in other countries”.

Prepared By Enakshi Roy Chowdhury of Newsgram. Twitter: @enakshirc58

 

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 NewsGram

Next Story

Aadhaar Helpline Mystery: French Security Expert Tweets of doing a Full Disclosure Tomorrow about Code of the Google SetUP Wizard App

0
Google Along with Other SSocial Media Giants will Face The Lawmakers, Wikimedia Commons
Google Along with Other SSocial Media Giants will Face The Lawmakers, Wikimedia Commons

Google’s admission that it had in 2014 inadvertently coded the 112 distress number and the UIDAI helpline number into its setup wizard for Android devices triggered another controversy on Saturday as India’s telecom regulator had only recommended the use of 112 as an emergency number in April 2015.

After a large section of smartphone users in India saw a toll-free helpline number of UIDAI saved in their phone-books by default, Google issued a statement, saying its “internal review revealed that in 2014, the then UIDAI helpline number and the 112 distress helpline number were inadvertently coded into the SetUp wizard of the Android release given to OEMs for use in India and has remained there since”.

Aadhaar Helpline Number Mystery: French security expert tweets of doing a full disclosure tomorrow about Code of the Google SetUP Wizard App, Image: Wikimedia Commons.

However, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) recommended only in April 2015 that the number 112 be adopted as the single emergency number for the country.

According to Google, “since the numbers get listed on a user’s contact list, these get  transferred accordingly to the contacts on any new device”.

Google was yet to comment on the new development.

Meanwhile, French security expert that goes by the name of Elliot Alderson and has been at the core of the entire Aadhaar controversy, tweeted on Saturday: “I just found something interesting. I will probably do full disclosure tomorrow”.

“I’m digging into the code of the @Google SetupWizard app and I found that”.

“As far as I can see this object is not used in the current code, so there is no implications. This is just a poor coding practice in term of security,” he further tweeted.

On Friday, both the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) as well as the telecom operators washed their hand of the issue.

While the telecom industry denied any role in the strange incident, the UIDAI said that he strange incident, the UIDAI said that some vested interests were trying to create “unwarranted confusion” in the public and clarified that it had not asked any manufacturer or telecom service provider to provide any such facility.

Twitter was abuzz with the new development after a huge uproar due to Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) Chairman R.S. Sharma’s open Aadhaar challenge to critics and hackers.

Ethical hackers exposed at least 14 personal details of the TRAI Chairman, including mobile numbers, home address, date of birth, PAN number and voter ID among others. (IANS)

Also Read: Why India Is Still Nowhere Near Securing Its Citizens’ Data?