New Delhi, July 31, 2017: A tea break is imperative for every Indian. Equally significant is to have the best healthy snack ideas to accompany your favorite cuppa. Be it crispy, sweet, fried or spicy we all look for easy to make snack ideas to add some more delight to our chai-break!
Here are some of the best healthy snack ideas to implement in your tea break. Deck up your tea time with some of the most awesome nutritious snacks. Get a glimpse here of some of the snack ingredients and try them out-
- Kaju Kothimbir Vadi is very popular among the Maharashtrians. With cashew nuts you add up its nutrient level. also, it is an amazing admixture of crisp and soft. The best part is, you can finish cooking them within 10 minutes.
- There is Mirchi Bajji, a spicy recipe made with green chillies, tamarind and coconut. It is best served hot with some chopped onions. If you are looking for something sweet and spicy, treat yourself with Aloo Boonda – a spicy potato filling tastes best when served with coriander chutney.
- The variety largely depends on which part of India you are in. For example, if you happen to be in U.P or Bengal, make sure to have some Khasta Kochuri. It is made with flour and moong daal stuffing. It tastes palatable when deep fried. You can also have it with tamarind chutney to make it all the more delicious.
- There is again Murukku, all the way from South. Thanks to the diversity of Indian cuisine. Murukku is basically fried lentil snack. It is considered one of the most nutritious snack in Tamil Nadu. Murukku is best if you are considering something crispy and crunchy with tea.
- If you are urging for something sweeter, Pinaca is a very traditional sweet and is filled with the goodness of coconut. Pinaca, a sweet dish hailing from Goa, is also known by the name Pinagr or Pinac. You can enjoy its flavor by storing them in a jar for upto a week.
- Nimki, last but not the least is a Bengali dish. It is quite simple and convenient to prepare, made with a mix of wheat flour and maida and Carom seeds.
The list is for you to treat your taste buds while sipping tea and trust me, you will never run out of choices!
– by Puja Sinha of NewsGram. Twitter @pujas1994