Loban is a Hindi name, Benzoin is English
- According to religious texts, burning Loban is one of the finest energy purifier of atmosphere & prevent negative energy.
- People today rely on allopathic methods for quick relief from depression, ignoring its harmful side effects
- Ayurveda and homeopathy take longer to act, but do not cause any side effects
- Frankincense and myrrh oil are examples of effective ways to curb depression in a healthy manner
- Burning Loban has many a goog benefit, let’s talk about it.
- It is also known as devi dhoop/Navdurga dhoop & often used in worship of goddess Durga.
Burning Loban/Benzoin As An Anti-Depressant :
‘Depression’ is a term that too many people are familiar with. Irrespective of gender and age, it can affect anyone. But, what makes it interesting that it is not an external disease that can be treated quickly with application of medicines or antiseptics. Being a mental problem, it requires a lot more care and attention.
In today’s life, when no time is available, people often seek short-term relief measures in the form of allopathy, which is conventional means of consuming drugs that incite symptoms opposite to those of the disorder or disease. Even though these pills are quick and effective, they cause a lot of side effects and after effects which are highly undesirable. Moreover, the body develops resistance against these pills, and with time, it is required to increase dosage, which again, directly correlates to harsher side effects.
Follow NewsGram on Twitter: @newsgramDOTcom
Burning Loban/Benzoin as a Medicine:
Ayurvedic and homeopathic medicines are slow to act, but they do not cause any form of side effects. For example, burning of Loban/Benzoin or Frankincense, does wonders in the long run.
According to The Speaking Tree, ‘Loban’ or “Benzoin” is actually extracted from the resin out of the Boswellia tree, which is then further churned into creating oils and incense. As we inhale the incense of Loban/Benzoin, it directly affects the TRPV3 protein in our brain, producing warm sensations on the skin.
Follow NewsGram on Facebook: NewsGram
Effect Of Loban:
When one comes in contact with the ‘loban’ incense or Benzoin, an anxiolytic effect (to reduce anxiety suffering) is experienced, and the individual feels relaxed and stress-free, with a clear mind. This is the power of burning Loban/Benzoin.
Myrrh oil has similar benefits. Myrrh is a sap-like substance (resin) that comes out of cuts in the bark of trees that are members of the Commiphora species. It should be kept away from sunlight since it becomes unstable under its influence.
Health Benefits of Loban Dhoop:
We do not know but most of the diseases are caused because of insects and other germs in the air. A few insects in the air cannot be seen but they can cause major health problems. The key benefit of Loban Dhoop is that it keeps every germ in the air away from your house whether it is an insect bite or food poisoning. For better effect burn it twice a day.
How To Check, If Your Loban is Pure Or Nor:
The perfect way to check whether the Loban Dhoop is genuine or not is its smell. When you open the box it should give the vanilla aroma. If you smell the same then it is pure.
Types of Loban Dhoop
There are different Loban Dhoop Products in the market;
- Amber Loban used in the spiritual ceremonies.
- Loban Dhoop used in spiritual ceremonies keeps insects away and used in medical applications as well.
- Loban Agarbathi used in spiritual ceremonies.
- Loban powder, burn it in the place of Loban Dhoop and it has the same effect.
-prepared by Saurabh Bodas, an intern at NewsGram. Twitter: @saurabhbodas96
- WHO acknowledges age old benefits of Yoga and Ayurveda
- Ayurveda Prakriti classification has genetic basis: Study
- Dhanvantari: The father of Ayurveda
Copyright 2016 NewsGram