Thursday October 19, 2017
Home Entertainment Can you Imagi...

Can you Imagine Queen Elizabeth II in a Michael Kors’ Custom-Designed Ensemble? According to Reports, the Designer is ‘Desperate’ to Style the 91-year-old Queen

The designer thinks the 91-year-old queen is the "ultimate person" he would love to style

0
30
Michael Kors
Queen Elizabeth II, VOA

London, September 21, 2017 : Designer Michael Kors is desperate to dress Queen Elizabeth II because he thinks she will look “aplomb” in any outfit she adorns.

Kors, 58, who founded his label in 1981, thinks the 91-year-old queen is the “ultimate person” he would love to style, because he believes she can pull off any outfit effortlessly, reports femalefirst.co.uk.

Speaking to Harper’s Bazaar magazine, Kors said: “She would be my ultimate person to be able to dress. To pull it off with such aplomb, it’s amazing.”

ALSO READ I Love Festive Traditions, says American Designer Tommy Hilfiger on his Visit to India

The designer has a long list of celebrity clientele including Kate Hudson and Jennifer Lawrence and believes “consistency” with a person’s wardrobe choices is what defines a person’s style.

“She has total understanding of her life, her needs, what’s the best part to show off… I love the consistency, I think it’s brilliant. As the end of the day, consistency is what becomes style versus just fashion,” said Kors. (IANS)

 

 

Next Story

2 Indian-Origin Men among 891 Australians in Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Honours List

Queensland-based Professor Rajiv Khanna and social activist Unnikrishnan Velayudhan Pilla received their invitations as a result of their services towards the community

0
63
Queen Elizabeth II
Two persons of Indian origin were among 891 Australians recognised by Queen Elizabeth II in her birthday honours list for 2017. Wikimedia
  • Two persons of Indian origin were among 891 Australians recognised by Queen Elizabeth IIin her birthday honours list for 2017
  • Queensland-based Professor Rajiv Khanna received the Officer of the Order of Australia Medal for his work in medicine
  • Unnikrishnan Velayudhan Pilla from Queensland was awarded the medal of the Order of Australia in the general division (OAM) for service to the Malayali community in the state

Canberra, June 15, 2017: Two persons of Indian origin were among 891 Australians recognised by Queen Elizabeth IIin her birthday honours list for 2017 for their contribution to the community.

Queensland-based Professor Rajiv Khanna received the Officer of the Order of Australia Medal for his work in medicine — specifically his contribution to the development of cellular immunotherapies for the treatment of cancers, infectious complications and chronic disease.

Khanna said he and his team were honoured to be recognised by those outside the scientific community.

Khanna had been working on a new cancer treatment alternative — a treatment he said was safer.

He said his hard work shows how the Indian community values education.

ALSO READ: 4-year-old Indian-origin boy Shaan Dulay gets a reply from Queen Elizabeth II for inviting her on his Birthday

“We tend to value education very highly in India. You go to any Indian parent, they all want their kids to become a doctor or an engineer or something,” he was quoted as saying by SBS Television network.

“But in a terms of what it brings to the Australian community is that the highly educated Indian community… whether they’re in a medical area or an engineering area, they contribute hugely.

“And I’m part of that and I’m very proud of that heritage, to be from the Indian community,” he said.

Unnikrishnan Velayudhan Pilla from Queensland was awarded the medal of the Order of Australia in the general division (OAM) for service to the Malayali community in the state.

Other notable mentions who received the award included Hollywood actress Cate Blanchett, Qantas Chief Executive Alan Joyce and the departing mining industry heavyweight Jacques Nasser.

The list was announced by Governor General Sir Peter Cosgrove on Monday and the honours were awarded for service to the country to mark the Queen’s official birthday in June each year. (IANS)

 

Next Story

Manchester Suicide Bombing: 8 more men arrested during investigation

Abedi’s father and brother were arrested by Libyan security forces Wednesday

0
32
A group of police officers stand outside flats in Hulme, Manchester, May 25, 2017.VOA

Manchester, May 25, 2017: Eight men are now in custody in connection with Monday’s suicide bombing at a Manchester, England pop concert, including two men who were arrested in separate raids early Thursday.

A woman arrested Wednesday during a raid on an apartment north of Manchester has been released without charge.

Greater Manchester Police Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said these past few days have been “intense” for the officers and staff of the department but that they continue to make progress in the investigation.

“I want to reassure people that the arrests that we have made are significant. And initial searches of premises have reveled items that we believe are very important to the investigation,” he said Thursday.

NewsGram brings to you latest new stories in India.

Police have given no information about how the detained men may be connected to the bombing.

Moment of silence

A moment of silence was held in Manchester Thursday morning for the victims of Monday’s suicide bombing following a pop music concert.

Residents gathered in a large circle in the city’s St. Ann’s Square with heads bowed before a makeshift memorial of flowers, balloons and candles dedicated to the 22 people killed when Salman Abedi detonated an improvised device just moments after a concert by American pop singer Ariana Grande.

Shortly after the memorial service, Queen Elizabeth arrived at Royal Manchester’s Children’s Hospital to visit some of the 64 people injured in the attack. Many of the victims were young children.

In a televised message, Prime Minister Theresa May announced that Britain’s terror threat level will remain at critical.

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II speaks to Evie Mills, 14, from Harrogate, and her father Craig, as she visits the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital in Manchester, to meet victims of the terror attack in the city earlier this week, May 25, 2017.
Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II speaks to Evie Mills, 14, from Harrogate, and her father Craig, as she visits the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital in Manchester, to meet victims of the terror attack in the city earlier this week, May 25, 2017.VOA

NewsGram brings to you current foreign news from all over the world.

Bomber’s father, brother arrested

Abedi’s father and brother were arrested by Libyan security forces Wednesday. A spokesman for the Libyan anti-terrorism force said the brother, Hashim Abedi, had recently been in contact with Salman and knew of his plans for the attack.

Abedi’s father, Ramadan, told Reuters he spoke to his son five days ago, and “everything was normal.”

His son did not have extremist beliefs, Ramadan Abedi said in Tripoli, where he lives. He added, however, that Abedi did not disclose he was heading for Manchester when he left Libya last week.

The elder Abedi told the Reuters news agency he condemns “terrorist acts on civilians and innocent people.”

Chief Hopkins told reporters Wednesday, “It’s very clear that this is a network that we are investigating,” and that Abedi did not act alone.

Hashim Ramadan Abedi appears inside the Tripoli-based Special Deterrent anti-terrorism force unit after his arrest on Tuesday for alleged links to the Islamic State extremist group, May 24, 2017.
Hashim Ramadan Abedi appears inside the Tripoli-based Special Deterrent anti-terrorism force unit after his arrest on Tuesday for alleged links to the Islamic State extremist group, May 24, 2017. VOA

NewsGram brings to you top news around the world today.

Trip to Syria

In France, Interior Minister Gerard Collomb said Wednesday that British and French intelligence have information that Abedi had likely traveled to Syria.

Collomb told France’s BFM television Abedi “grew up in Britain and then suddenly, after a trip to Libya and then likely to Syria, became radicalized and decided to carry out this attack. In any case, the links with Daesh are proven.”

Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the attack, but British and U.S. intelligence have not confirmed that the extremist group was involved.

British and American newspapers have printed police images of some evidence left on the floor of the arena where Abedi blew himself up, including shreds of a backpack or vest that apparently held the bomb and a piece of bloodstained metal that may have been the detonator. (VOA)

NewsGram is a Chicago-based non-profit media organization. We depend upon support from our readers to maintain our objective reporting. Show your support by Donating to NewsGram. Donations to NewsGram are tax-exempt. 

Next Story

4-year-old Indian-origin boy Shaan Dulay gets a reply from Queen Elizabeth II for inviting her on his Birthday

0
84
Michael Kors
Queen Elizabeth II, VOA

London, May 11, 2017: British Queen Elizabeth II reverted to a letter by a young boy of Indian Origin inviting her to his fifth birthday as he thought her to be a “real superhero” according to media reports.

Shaan Dulay, aged four was planning a birthday party on June 25 and asked his mother Baljinder to arrange a meeting with the respectable Queen so that she can arrange a trip to his home in Sandwell, West Midlands, England.

NewsGram brings to you top news around the world today.

Shaan’s Mother told him that the Queen must be busy in the Buckingham Palace. Shaan suggested his mother that “maybe she can come here instead,” as reported by metro.co.uk.

“He had been learning about history at school and that the Queen was the longest reigning monarch – things like how she was when she first started. He came straight home and started reeling off all the information to us,” said Shaan’s mother.

The letter by Shaan reads: “Dear HRH Queen Elizabeth, I think you are the best Queen in the world. I really like your crown and the red cloak you wear; it’s like a superhero.”

He then begs her presence at his party before adding:“I need to talk to you about horses, planes and the poor children”.

Check out NewsGram for latest international news updates.

But after drafting the invitation on March 13 the little boy lost hopes when a letter with the Royal seal arrived on May 3.

The letter on behalf of the Queen reads: “Although unable to accept your invitation to come to your house for tea because of her very busy schedule, the Queen greatly appreciated your kind thought for her and Her Majesty was pleased to learn that you too like horses.”

“The Queen hopes you have a very happy birthday on June 25,” it read. “When I picked up Shaan from school I said to him, there’s been a letter come for you today, and he just said, ‘Oh, from the Queen?’”, Baljinder said.

Follow NewsGram on Facebook

Shaun lives with his mother who is a probation officer, dad Onkar, 39, a coach driving instructor and a brother Roshan, one, stated “I was a bit disappointed. But I was very happy she read my letter. I really like the Queen. I like her horses and her dogs. I’m going to her house in the summer. I hope I meet her then.”

“He was over the moon to get a reply. We will be taking him to see the palace in the summer and he can’t wait. I have had to calm him down and tell him there is a little while to wait yet,” his mother summed.

– prepared by Naina Mishra of Newsgram, Twitter: Nainamishr94