Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
Are you a fan of carrom games? Are you facing problems understanding the carrom foul rules? Are you aware of how carrom foul rules work?
These solutions will help you navigate through the various difficulties if you're facing any of these problems. Carrom, an indoor game, was invented in India and has been very popular among people of all age groups. Carrom has many similarities to billiards, so you could say that carrom is part of the billiard family tree. Carrom has been enjoyed for many generations in many countries, including Pakistan, Srilanka Bangladesh, Nepal, South Asia, and Saudi Arabia. It became very popular after the end of World War 1. It is a great indoor game because of its easy rules and regulations, and comfortable design. The game is becoming more popular than ever.
In 1988, the World Carrom Federation (WCF) was established to ensure its future. Many young people today prefer to play online games. Online carrom can be played with real people via gaming platforms such as Getmega. This is a top gaming platform and here you can also play games and win real money.
- A foul refers to a mistake or offensive move that causes the player's turn immediately to be canceled.
A foul refers to a mistake or offensive move that causes the player's turn immediately to be canceled.Unsplash
Some of the important Carrom Foul Rules
Carrom is unlike any other game in that it has some penalties and foul rules. Understanding these rules is crucial for any player. If he or she cannot understand the carrom foul rules, it will be very difficult for them to win the game. These rules will help you better understand the game.
- Basic Foul Rule
- A foul refers to a mistake or offensive move that causes the player's turn immediately to be canceled.
- This will allow an opponent to place the disk in a way that suits him or her.
- It will be considered a foul if a player catches the striker. It is one of the basic carrom foul rules.
- Different disks can be used to give an advantage to your opponent.
- A strike by a player will result in any piece, disk, or striker being pushed beyond the board boundary. This is a foul.
- If one player takes the disk of his opponent.
- If a player hits the final disk before pocketing the queen, then also it is a foul.
- If a player is unable or unwilling to take the next disk, the queen must be returned to the center to continue playing.
- Talking to a partner during a game is considered communication.
- If a player violates the rule of striking at any stage of the game.
- A foul is when a player tries to move or misplace a disk after the game has started. The striker is the only player allowed to touch.
- A player who fails to reach a breaking point three times (first strike) is considered a failure.
- Technical Carrom Foul Rules
- A foul is a violation of rules or law in the carrom game.
- If a player commits a foul, the opponent has the advantage to place a piece or disk but the player's turn is not affected.
- A foul will be committed if a player tries to commit an offensive act during both his turn and when it is not his turn.
- A penalty or other punishment can be imposed on a player who makes a mistake.
- Standard Carrom Foul Rules
- Fouls will be assessed if a player hits a disc below the baseline.
- A foul will be committed if a player hits the disk directly that is not placed in their diagonal arrow.
- A penalty will be applied to players who break any of the rules of carrom.
- Foul penalties will be assessed to any player who uses his or her position in a solitary game.
Carrom is a game of finger and it has few similarities with billiards. A foul by a player, if there is not a disk in his or her pocket, will result in a penalty. The difference between a billiards game and a carrom game is that in billiards balls are used and in a carrom game smaller disks are used to play. Carrom boards are made of wooden boards that have a variety of markings and differ according to their size and model. Before starting playing a carrom game, a player needs to understand carrom rules along with carrom foul rules.
In order to win in a carrom game, it is important to fully understand the game. The carrom foul rules will remain pending until the player pockets any disk. Online and offline, you can learn some styles and tricks. You should check out Getmega, a popular online gaming platform where you can play different games and win real money.
(Disclaimer: This is a sponsored article and contains some commercial links.)
A team led by chief scientist Ravi Shankar, is working on two combinations to provide the safest medication to coronavirus patients. "Experts say that a combination of antivirals with different mechanisms can be more effective to counter the viral pandemic. We are working on two combinations - Umifenovir with Molnupiravir (an antiviral) and Umifenovir with Niclosamide (anti-parasitic)," he said.
Also read: Antiviral Remdesivir Receives FDA
Molnupiravur drug has received only Emergency Use Authorisation in India and abroad. Though its usage showed reduced hospitalisation during clinical trials, its biggest drawback are the side-effects, he added.
"Now, we are trying to keep a low dosage of Molnupiravir in its combination with Umifenovir which may weed out the side-effects such as the risk of cartilage and muscle damage. If successful, it will make Umifenovir more effective in Covid-19 treatment," said the chief scientist. The other combination is Umifenovir with Niclosamide.
Niclosamide is known for its efficacy for Covid treatment but the biggest challenge is that its high dosage is required for treatment and that leads to side-effects. A safe and efficacious combination of Umifenovir with Niclosamide is being researched on for the exact dosage in the combination that can give positive results, he added.
CDRI director Prof Tapas Kundu said: "CDRI is working round-the-clock to develop drugs that can help in treating all variants of Covid-19, besides being economical and safe for people. We have achieved a major breakthrough with Umifenovir and are hopeful of developing a new drug to win the pandemic battle."
Molnupiravur drug has received only Emergency Use Authorisation in India.Wikipedia
(Keywords: CDRI director Prof Tapas Kundu, Niclosamide, Covid treatment, Umifenovir, Molnupiravir, safest medication, coronavirus)
"Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced."
– Soren Kierkegaard
No matter what obstacles life throws at you, it always creates a means to overcome them, whether via determination, persistence, or both. With so many things going on in our lives, it is easy to forget to be grateful for the valuable life that we have been given. To remind people of the value of life, it was determined that there should be a day when people take a close look at their lives and be appreciative of the experiences and memories it has brought us.
Celebration of Life Day, which occurs on 22nd January, was established to recognize and celebrate newborns. | Unsplash
In case you haven't heard of, or celebrated Life Day before, read the article below to learn more about the celebration of life.
When is the Celebration of Life Day celebrated?
Celebration of Life Day, which occurs on 22nd January, was established to recognize and celebrate newborns. But, it has evolved to represent everything that is beautiful about being alive and breathing. The day serves as a reminder that every child and every life should be treated with the highest compassion and respect. The fact that we are alive is something which is easy to underestimate. Take a moment to reflect on how much more there is to be thankful for in this life than there is to be sad about. Take some extra time today to enjoy your life since it is valuable, one-of-a-kind, and a tremendous gift.
The fact that we are alive is something that is easy to underestimate. | Unsplash
When was the Celebration of Life Day established?
Originally known as 'National Sanctity of Human Life Day,' Former US President Ronald Reagan established Life Day in 1984. As a result of people's hectic modern lifestyles, it became essential to offer those living in the modern lifestyle a day on which they may reflect on their past and appreciate it rather than looking ahead and becoming concerned about their future. On Celebration of Life Day, people may take a day off and rejoice with those close to them.
On Celebration of Life Day, people may take a day off and rejoice with those close to them. | Unsplash
How can I celebrate this day?
1. Jar full of gratefulness: Write about the things you are grateful for in life on chits of paper, fold them, and keep them in the jar. Whenever you feel ungrateful about your life, you can pick a piece of paper and remind yourself about the blessings in your life.
2. Bake a cake: Watch an easy tutorial to bake a cake or cookies with your family and make sure that everyone participates and contributes to the overall baking process.
3. Take a walk: Wear your mask, take a walk in a nearby park with your family, and indulge in activities that you enjoyed as a kid, like playing jump rope, badminton, handball, or even cricket.
(Keywords: Celebration of Life Day, life, obstacles, celebrate life day, bake, cookies, cake, newborn, modern lifestyle, National Sanctity of Human Life Day)
External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar on Friday instructed Indian envoys to Canada and the US, Ajay Bisaria and Taranjit Singh Sandhu, "to urgently respond to the situation" where four Indian nationals including an infant have lost their lives on the US-Canada border. The minister said this in a public tweet. Neither of the two missions have responded on the microblogging site till the time of filing of this report.
In a statement Thursday without identifying the victims, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) stated that "on the morning of January 19, 2022, RCMP officers with the Integrated Border Enforcement Team received concerning information from their counterparts in the United States".
RCMP officers received concerning information from their counterparts in the United States.Wikipedia
"Specifically, the information outlined that officers with the US Customs and Border Protection had apprehended a group of individuals who had crossed into the US from Canada, near the town of Emerson, Manitoba. Further, it indicated that one of the adults had items meant for an infant but that no infant was with the group."
"Upon receiving this information at 9.23 a.m., a search was immediately launched on both sides of the border.
RCMP officers were already patrolling the area and the search began at 9.24 a.m. Extensive patrols were conducted and, at approximately 1.30 p.m., the bodies of three individuals were located on the Canadian side of the border, approximately 10km east of Emerson.
RCMP identified the group as: an adult male, an adult female, and an infant.
At this very early stage of the investigation, it appears that they all died due to exposure to the cold weather. Work is underway to identify the victims and an autopsy has been scheduled.
The search for any possible survivors or additional victims continued throughout the evening of Wednesday, January 19, and RCMP officers continue to patrol the area today. To date, no other victims have been located."
Also read: Sikh man attacked in Canada
US authorities said border patrol officials stopped a 15-passenger rental van Wednesday driven by Steve Shand with two undocumented Indian nationals inside, less than a mile south of the border in a rural area between Lancaster, Minnesota, and Pembina, North Dakota. Shand and the Indian nationals were arrested.
Officials also intercepted another group of five Indian nationals nearby who were walking in the direction of where the van was located, according to the court documents.
The RCMP said it will be conducting an investigation and is working in close collaboration with US Customs and Border Protection and the US Department of Homeland Security.
"All of our agencies are committed to a thorough and comprehensive investigation," the statement said. (IANS/PR)
(keywords: Canada, 4 Indians, smuggled, External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar, Indian envoys, Canada and the US, Ajay Bisaria and Taranjit Singh Sandhu)