Wednesday November 22, 2017
Home India Indian Sufi c...

Indian Sufi clerics talk about their time at Pakistan

0
58

New Delhi, March 23, 2017: The two clerics of Hazrat Nizzamudin Dargah, Syed Asif Nizami and his nephew Nizam Nizami are reported to have returned to New Delhi.

The two clerics reportedly went missing in Pakistan last week and were alleged to have been working for R&AW and being a part of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) movement by Pakistani newspaper reports in the Urdu Daily.

Upon their return to the national capital the duo went for a seating with Mrs. Sushma Swaraj, the External Affairs Minister. During the entire rendezvous, they allegedly remained tight and shut regarding the entire situation they faced in the neighbouring country.

When asked they confessed to the fact that they were taken to a far quite place with their eyes covered and were offered tea and biscuits along with a hot dose of suspicious questions.

They accepted the fact that they were not forced or violently treated. Despite the whole incident Nizami suggested the media that he will still be visiting Pakistan again as it was a rather refreshing experience.

They also told the media that they went to visit the shrine of Baba Farid Ganj to offer their prayers and were treated and escorted as VIPs. When further questioned the duo refused to go ahead and bend deep into the pool of details.

All they ended up was with a note of thanks to the governments of India and Pakistan for returning them back home.

According to the Times of India, the duo returned back to the national capital on Monday and after landing, the clerics blamed the Pakistani newspaper for the whole chaos.
Nazim Ali rejected the Pakistani media reports by adding that they were in “interior Sindh where there was no communication network“.

Further when they were questioned as to why they were “interrogated“, they stated that they were asked about their visa and other immigration details for some special purposes.
The Duo arrived at the Dargah later in the evening and were warmly welcomed with open arms.

– by Mehak Beibs Walia of NewsGram

Next Story

Recent Poll Reveals that 67% Americans Receive their News from Social Media

While Facebook still dwarfs other social media sites in terms of news dissemination, Twitter, Snapchat and YouTube made strong gains in the number of people using the sites for news over the course of the last year

0
33
Social Media
Social Media is the source of news for 67% Americans. Wikimedia

September 08, 2017: A full 67 percent of Americans now report receiving at least a portion of their news from social media, according to a new poll released Thursday.

The Pew Research poll showed a small increase since early 2016, when 62 percent of people said they relied on social media for some of their news. The overall change isn’t particularly substantial, but among some demographics, social media use increased significantly.

Also Read: Children’s Commissioner for England Warns against Overuse of Social Media among Children

Among non-white U.S. adults, 74 percent now say they get news from social media, marking a 10-percent increase over last year when 64 percent said they did. Similarly, among those aged 50 or older, the percentage who said they receive news from social media rose by 10 percent from 2016 to 55 percent.

While Facebook still dwarfs other social media sites in terms of news dissemination, Twitter, Snapchat and YouTube made strong gains in the number of people using the sites for news over the course of the last year.

“Looking at the population as a whole, Facebook by far still leads every other sites as a source of news. This is largely due to Facebook’s large user base, compared with other platforms, and the fact that most of its users get news on the site,” the report reads.

Twitter showed a 15-percent increase in the number of users who said that’s where they get their news, from 59 percent in 2016 to 74 percent in 2017. The number of YouTube users who get news from the site rose from 21 percent in 2016 to 32 percent in 2017. Snapchat showed a 12-percent gain, from 17 percent in 2016 to 29 percent in 2017. (IANS)

Next Story

India Born Ishan Palit becomes First non-German Executive of Company TÜV SÜD in Munich

0
286
Group photo (from left to right), Dirk von Wahl, Ishan Palit, Prof. Axel Stepken and Christian Stammel). Twitter
  • India origin Ishan Palit as global Chief Operating Officer of a German Company TÜV SÜD
  • This appointment marks the first time in the 150-year history of the TÜV organization
  • Mumbai-born Palit’s career at TÜV SÜD spans 23 years, including the founding of the company’s India subsidiary in 1994

Germany, June 21, 2017: Munich-headquartered safety, quality and sustainability solutions company TÜV SÜD on Tuesday announced the appointment of India origin Ishan Palit as its global Chief Operating Officer.

The German company, in a statement, said this appointment marks the first time in the 150-year history of the TÜV organization that a non-German executive has been designated as member of the board of management.

[sociallocker][/sociallocker]

According to the company, Palit will be responsible for operations and sales across all divisions and geographies, including the German market.

Mumbai-born Palit’s career at TÜV SÜD spans 23 years, including the founding of the company’s India subsidiary in 1994.

He studied in the US and the UK and holds a Bachelors Degree from Davidson College, US, a General Degree in Economics from the London School of Economics, UK, and a Masters in Business Administration from Georgia Southern University, US. (IANS)

Next Story

Megh Rahat: Operation Underway as Floods and Landslides affect Assam

At least 13,000 people are affected by the recent floods and landslides

0
91
Flood in Assam. VOANEWS
  • At least 13,000 people have been affected in Assam
  • Rescue operation titled “Megh Rahat” underway
  • Landslides in the hilly Dima Hasao district snapped rail link to Barak Valley

Assam, June 04, 2017: At least 13,000 people in Assam have been affected by flood, officials said on Sunday. Also, landslides triggered by incessant rain disrupted rail connectivity to the state’s Barak Valley region.

Assam State Disaster Management Authority officials said at least 13,000 people have been affected due to the year’s first wave of floods in 28 villages in Lakhimpur, Jorhat and Biswanath districts, in the past 24 hours.

NewsGram brings to you latest new stories in India.

Besides, landslides in the hilly Dima Hasao district snapped rail link to Barak Valley. The Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) had to cancel a passenger train to Silchar from Lumding on Saturday after landslides affected the hill section.

[sociallocker][/sociallocker]

The water level in Brahmaputra river has indicated an increasing trend and is flowing above the danger level in Nimatighat, prompting the officials to suspend ferry services to the island district of Majuli from Jorhat.

The Assam government has already instructed the officials in flood-prone districts to arrange relief and rescue materials in case of emergency situations.

The army, along with the civil administration, also carried out a joint exercise on flood rescue titled “Megh Rahat” in Dharamtul area in Morigaon district.

The exercise aimed to ensure collective mutual benefit of all participants, who ranged from the army and State Disaster Rescue Force (SDRF) personnel to local population including school children. (IANS)