Democratic presidential candidate Cory Booker says it’s time to overhaul environmental policies that he says unfairly disadvantage minority and impoverished communities.
The New Jersey senator is promoting what he calls his environmental justice agenda during a campaign stop in South Carolina. He told students at Allen University in Columbia that the government hasn’t done enough to ensure all Americans have equal access to clean, healthy communities.
Booker says addressing environmental inequality is one of today’s civil rights battles. Booker wants to strengthen Environmental Protection Agency and reverse what he says are Trump administration rollbacks of environmental safeguards. He’s proposing more EPA workers and resources to ensure safe drinking water.
EPA Administrator Andrew Wheeler has said unsafe drinking water is the world’s most immediate public health issue. (VOA)
The combination of heat, humidity and pollution can take a toll on your hair. But you can care well for it with the combined goodness of aloe vera and coconut oil, suggest experts.
Here are some benefits of aloe vera and coconut oil that will make your summer hair softer and healthier, as pointed out by hair expert Aparna Santhanam:
* Makes hair silky, soft: Besides the proteolytic enzymes, aloe vera’s high content of protein, vitamins and minerals also nourish your hair follicles efficiently, improving the overall texture. And we all know how easy it is to style soft hair and create graceful curls or messy buns for the many party looks for the season.
* Natural protection from hard water: The summer season sees a rise of the salt content in water, which makes it hard and slightly harmful for hair and can make your hair brittle. A gentle massage with coconut oil mixed with aloe vera will protect hair from deep within and also make it soft and silky. It also keeps hair moisturised and naturally hydrated and helps maintain the pH balance of your hair. Aloe vera’s anti-fungal properties also ensure a healthy scalp, therefore helping you solve a number of problems that arise because of dry, itchy scalp.
* Repairs the hair, locks from within: They are enriched with conditioning properties. Aloe vera contains healing enzymes, which repair dead skin cells on the scalp. Together with coconut oil, it eliminates dullness from one’s hair.
* Boosts hair growth: They are known to be natural accelerators of hair growth and give volume, and an easy solution may lie in Parachute Advansed Aloevera Enriched Coconut Hair Oil.
Saania Singh, Co-Founder, Zero Gravity Aesthetics, said:
* The natural goodness of aloe vera combined with a host of beneficial properties gives your hair the strength and sheen you have always wanted.
* If hair loss is something you suffer from, then using aloe for hair growth is a great idea.