Sunday September 23, 2018
Home World Donald Trump ...

Donald Trump calls for ban on Muslims entering in US

0
//
66
Republish
Reprint

Washinton: In the aftermath of last week’s mass shooting in California by a Muslim couple, Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump called for a temporary but total ban on Muslims entering the United States.

Trump said that until the lawmakers figure out what to do, a block should be put there. He said that there was hatred for the Americans in a large segment of the Muslims population.

 He had called for surveillance against mosques and database for all the Muslims previously. The massacre which left 14 people dead is the reason behind Trump’s comment.While, other rival Presidential runners including Jeb Bush slammed his remarks, but many of his supporter showed their support on social media.

Trump’s comments can be associated with the prevalent Islamophobia. He is trying to turn this fear into the votes which would help his Presidential chances.

The number of hate crimes against a specific religion such as the California shooting is increasing. The stabbing case in London was another example thereof.

Samuel P Huntington had written in his book ‘Clash of Civilizations’ that a clash between different religious cultures was the probability in the 21st century especially between Islam and Christianity.

It seems to be coming true. For with each day, the hatred in the name of the religion is getting only stronger.

Trump is an example of this case where a person is influencing millions in order to fulfill his political dreams. A lot of common people who have some stereotypical fears about a specific religion or its followers, get their misconceptions increased because of such leaders.

Trump is playing a high-risk game. He knows this is the only way he can win this election by spreading the fear. This is his USP; he is trying to target a certain feeling that is pro-American and pro-Christian. He wants people to fear because when there will be fear, he can present himself as someone who can get rid of this fear from the society.

He gave such remarks in past as well when he had called for surveillance of mosques and keeping the database of Muslims in the US. This is clearly a strategy where he is using the examples of terrorist attacks and IS to ensure votes for himself.

It seems that Americans do not learn from the history. Trump is creating a monster which will be tough to handle as it grows stronger. This happened in the past as well when the US supported groups later turned into the terrorist organizations and came knocking on their door.

Time will tell how much Americans are going to agree with him but if they do, then there will be some severe consequences.

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 NewsGram

Next Story

Saudi Arabia’s Sovereign Fund Invested $1 Billion In An American Electric Car Manufacturer

Saudi Arabia's 33-year-old Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has talked about using the PIF to help diversify the economy of the kingdom.

0
lucid motors
Derek Jenkins, VP of Design at Lucid Motors, introduces the alpha prototype of the Lucid Air at the 2017 New York International Auto Show in New York City. VOA

Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund invested $1 billion Monday in an American electric car manufacturer just weeks after Tesla CEO Elon Musk earlier claimed the kingdom would help his own firm go private.

Tesla stock dropped Monday on reaction to the news, the same day that the Saudi fund announced it had taken its first loan, an $11 billion borrowing from global banks as it tries to expand its investments.

The Saudi Public Investment Fund said it would invest the $1 billion in Newark, California-based Lucid Motors.

Lucid Motors
Lucid Motors. Flickr

The investment “will provide the necessary funding to commercially launch Lucid’s first electric vehicle, the Lucid Air, in 2020,” the sovereign wealth fund said in a statement. “The company plans to use the funding to complete engineering development and testing of the Lucid Air, construct its factory in Arizona, enter production for the Lucid Air to begin the global rollout of the company’s retail strategy starting in North America.”

Lucid issued a statement quoting Peter Rawlinson, its chief technology officer, welcoming the investment.

“At Lucid, we will demonstrate the full potential of the electric-connected vehicle in order to push the industry forward,” he said.

The decision comes after Musk on Aug. 7 tweeted that he had “funding secured” to take Tesla private. Investors pushed Tesla’s shares up 11 percent in a day, boosting its valuation by $6 billion.

Lucid Motors
Electric Car

There are multiple reports that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is investigating the disclosure, including asking board members what they knew about Musk’s plans. Experts say regulators likely are investigating if Musk was truthful in the tweet about having the financing set for the deal. Musk later said the Saudi Public Investment Fund would be investing in the firm, something Saudi officials never comment on.

Meanwhile Monday, the sovereign wealth fund known by the acronym PIF said it had taken its first loan, an $11 billion borrowing. It did not say how it would use the money, only describing it as going toward “general corporate purposes.”

Also Read: Electric Cars: The Newest Trend in India

The Las Vegas-based Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute estimates the Saudi fund has holdings of $250 billion. Those include a $3.5 billion stake in the ride-sharing app Uber.

Saudi Arabia’s 33-year-old Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has talked about using the PIF to help diversify the economy of the kingdom, which relies almost entirely on money made from its oil sales. (VOA)