Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
New Delhi, October 6, 2017 : Who doesn’t want to shed weight quickly? However, not everybody is willing to indulge into strenuous exercise and long hours at the gym. What if we tell you there are some drinks to help lose weight?
Let’s get one thing straight – there is no drink that is going to magically help you shed pounds. However, there are some drinks to help lose weight faster than others. Furthermore, if you are currently consuming sweetened beverages rich in calories, switching to a calorie-free drink which is also healthy will probably do wonders for your weight-loss regime.
Are there really drinks to help lose weight, that are also filling and healthy? Read on to know!
Water is the one of the most under-rated drinks to help lose weight. It not only boosts metabolism, but also cleanses the body of toxic wastes, and impedes the body from consuming extra calories.
Most Commonly Asked Question : How Does Drinking Water Help Lose Weight?
- Drinking Water Before Meals Can Reduce Appetite. Water makes us feel full, which decreases calorie intake, leading to weight loss.
Since water is naturally calorie-free, it is generally linked with reduced calorie intake. A reduced appetite means consumption of lesser calories and a decreased risk of weight gain.
- Drinking ice-cold water helps enhance the body’s metabolism. Icy water requires the body to work harder to warm it up. This burns more calories and helps an individual lose more weight.
- Consumption of sufficient water keeps our joints lubricated and prevents muscle spasms. This allows us to exert for longer in the gym. In this way, hydration indirectly helps us to lose weight.
For additional benefits, you can consume the honey and lemon drink which is known as one of the best drinks to help lose weight.
How To Make The Honey – Lemon Drink
- Boil a cup of water and allow it to cool to the point that it is warm enough for consumption.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into it.
- Add a teaspoon of unprocessed honey into the mixture. Stir well to dissolve.
Soups with ingredients like beans, vegetables and lean protein are rich in fibers and proteins. Choosing to consume soup before dinner or completely opting for a soup dinner can help an individual consume fewer calories, thereby making soups a good choice for drinks to help lose weight.
Most Commonly Asked Question : Is Eating Soup Good For Losing Weight?
- Vegetable soup ranks high on satiety value. In other words, it helps us feel full at the end of a meal, which makes us eat less and consume fewer calories, thus aiding in weight loss.
- Vegetable soup tastes better than drinking a glass of water. It also contains multiple nutrients, due to its varied contents. These factors together help fill an individual up and also provides energy to operate.
- Soups are synonymous with low calorie density. They aid in weight loss because they contain relatively low measure of calories compared to the serving size of main course dishes like pasta.
Juicing is the easiest way to consume multiple nutrients without having to eat whole fruits and vegetables. Vegetable juices have the same benefits are vegetable soup – the only difference stands in their time of consumption. While soups can be comfortably consumed during winters, consumption of juices during summers can be refreshing as well as healthy.
Most Commonly Asked Question : Can Juicing Help You Lose Weight?
- Juices are pulpy and rich in a variety of nutrients. They help to detox the body, cleansing it of all toxins.
- Individuals often indulge in juice fasts, thereby consuming only juices for an entire day, or week depending upon their personal choices. The idea is to cut down on calories by abstaining from solid food, while still ingesting a substantial amount of nutrients from juice intake.
Popularly called the healthiest beverage, Green tea benefits are innumerable – it not only aids in weight loss but also helps in digestion, keeps the skin clear, helps fight allergies and boosts immunity.
Green tea is consumed by people across the globe for its assistance in losing weight. Green tea extracts aid in weight control and additionally helps to regulate the measures of glucose in the body, making it one of the healthiest drinks to help lose weight.
Most Commonly Asked Question : How Does Green Tea Help With Weight Loss?
- Green tea is rich in bioactive substances like EGCG and caffeine that aid fat-burning and improve metabolism. This in turn improves exercise performance for weight loss.
- EGCG, the active compound present in green tea aids the breakdown of fats and boosts the effects of fat-burning hormones. This releases the fats into the bloodstream, making it available to the body in the form of energy.
- Green tea helps in losing the harmful fats stored in the body, especially in the abdominal area. Visceral fat is the belly fat that builds up around the organs and is not only difficult to shed but also harmful – it can cause inflammation and insulin resistance, both of which are linked to serious diseases like diabetes. Green tea exercises a significant effect on this visceral fat.
Low in calories, coconut water is hydrating, refreshing and probably one of everybody’s favorite natural beverages. Packed with nutrients, coconut water is a natural powerful weight loss drink that can quench thirst, without bloating you up.
Most Commonly Asked Question : Can coconut water help you lose weight?
- A cup of coconut water contains merely 46 calories, along with various nutrients. Thus, it can be consumed as a healthier alternative to packaged drinks that are artificially sweetened.
- Coconut water aids in increasing the metabolic rate, which in turn assist to fight obesity. A low metabolic rate leads to weight gain and subsequent obesity.
- Apart from increasing the metabolic rate, coconut water is known to build lean muscle and lower blood cholesterol, all and which result in lesser fat accumulation in the body.
The Israeli Antiquities Authority said Tuesday that a diver swimming in the Mediterranean Sea has recovered a large sword that experts believe to be about 900 years old, dating back to the Crusades.
The antiquities authority's Director of Marine Archaeology, Kobi Sharvit, said the amateur diver was swimming about 150 meters offshore near the Israeli port of Haifa a few days ago when he spotted the sword lying on the ocean floor, four to five meters below the surface.
Sharvit said the diver recovered the sword and immediately took it to the antiquities authority. Sharvit said the sword -- encrusted with marine organisms when discovered –is the most complete and well preserved he has seen in 31 years. He described the sword as large, heavy and made of iron.
He added that the one-meter-long blade, hilt and handle were distinctive and highly noticeable after undercurrents apparently shifted sands that had concealed it.
Sharvit said because the sword was found in a cove, not far from the Crusader castle of Atlit on the northern coast of Israel, it is being assumed the sword belonged to a solder in the Crusades.
The Crusades were a series of medieval European Christian-led military expeditions to recover the Holy Land from the Muslims in the 11th, 12th, and 13th centuries.
Sharvit said that from an historical perspective, the handle of the sword may be the most important part of the weapon as that is where decorations, and perhaps, even names or initials are often found that will help identify the sword.
He said once it cleaned, examined, and restored, the antiquities authority will put the sword on display. (VOA/RN)
Keywords: Crusader sword, Israel, Antiquity, Castle of Atlit
Facebook must pay a $4.75 million fine and up to $9.5 million in back pay to eligible victims who say the company discriminated against U.S. workers in favor of foreign ones, the Justice Department announced Tuesday.
The discrimination took place from at least January 1, 2018, until at least September 18, 2019.
The Justice Department said Facebook "routinely refused" to recruit or consider U.S. workers, including U.S. citizens and nationals, asylees, refugees and lawful permanent residents, in favor of temporary visa holders. Facebook also helped the visa holders get their green cards, which allowed them to work permanently
In a separate settlement, the company also agreed to train its employees in anti-discrimination rules and conduct wider searches to fill jobs.
The fines and back pay are the largest civil awards ever given by the DOJ's civil rights division in its 35-year history.
"Facebook is not above the law and must comply with our nation's civil rights laws," Assistant Attorney General Kristen Clarke told reporters in a telephone conference.
"While we strongly believe we met the federal government's standards in our permanent labor certification [PERM] practices, we've reached agreements to end the ongoing litigation and move forward with our PERM program, which is an important part of our overall immigration program," a Facebook spokesperson said in a statement. "These resolutions will enable us to continue our focus on hiring the best builders from both the U.S. and around the world and supporting our internal community of highly skilled visa holders who are seeking permanent residence." (VOA/RN)
Keywords: Facebook, Employment, Justice Dept., Recruitment
Tomatoes are a staple in the Indian diet, be it a vegetarian or a non-vegetarian dish. It has to be a part of each meal in some form. As puree, paste, flavour, or diced into the dal. This tangy, sweet, and juicy ingredient was not always Indian. In fact, it did not even grow in India until the British sanctioned it. It is a product of colonization and has come a long way to become part of our everyday meals.
Originally, the tomato was considered poison. Its actual native is debatable. Some say it is European while others argue that is came from indigenous parts of Spain and Portugal. Either way, it is a plant species that is associated with the legendary Nightshade. It looks very similar to this poisonous plant that tomatoes were not even harvested for a long time, for fear of picking Nightshade instead. It was believed that Nightshade caused the blood to turn to acid and that tomatoes had the same property. Later research proved that the plant itself may be poisonous but the fruit is not.
The fruit if the woody nightshade plant Image source: Wikimedia Commons
Tomato is considered a fruit instead of a vegetable because it is cooked. But this theory has an interesting tale behind it. in the United States, in 1887, a tax was levied on the transport of vegetables, but not on fruits. By then, tomatoes had become a huge part of the American diet and traders could not afford to pay the ten percent duty. So, they began to call the large loads they transported fruits, just to avoid the tax due. In time, this is how the tomato came to be regarded. Some scientists went even further and stated that it is a berry. Botanists claim that since it is a part that grows from the flower's ovary and contains seeds, it is a fruit and not a vegetable. But this is a debate that will never end.
Incorporating tomatoes into the Indian diet must have happened so long ago that people do not remember a time without tomatoes, considering how it is the fundamental ingredient of most cuisines. The tomato has a name in every language as well, so the trading between nations, the voyages that brought them to India, and the decoding of the fruit-vegetable must have taken place far earlier than our ancestors remember. Or, perhaps we liked it so much that we decided to use it everywhere and make it our own. Nonetheless, it has been a delightful addition.
Keywords: Tomato, Fruit, Vegetable, Nightshade, Voyage, Staple