Tuesday August 14, 2018
Home World Mummies&#8217...

Mummies’ DNA Reveals Egyptians Relatives From The East

It was found that the genetic ties of the mummies were from the Middle East and Greece

0
//
91
Egyptian Mummies
Egyptian mummy casket egyptian art. Pixabay
Republish
Reprint
  • Ancient DNA study of 90 Egyptian mummies revealed the hook-up history of the Egypt with the foreigners from the east
  • Verena Schuenemann was able to finally get the clean DNA samples by working on samples from teeth and bone
  • The revelation did not come as a surprise to the scientists as they found the genetic ties of the mummies to the Middle East and Greece

June 26, 2017: The mummies of the Egypt and THE Egyptian art always fascinated us. The way bodies are preserved in the Egyptian mummy caskets and the mummification process has always interested the scientists in particular.

When the ancient DNA of 90 Egyptian mummies was studied, it revealed the hook-up history of the Egyptians with the foreigners from the east.

The first DNA sample from the mummies was yielded in 1985 but the samples were highly contaminated and scientists could not find a way to get clean DNA samples, free of modern contamination.

Verena Schuenemann and her colleagues from the University of Tübingen in Germany were able to finally get the clean DNA samples from three mummies by using the latest technology on human genetic testing by working on the samples extracted from teeth and bones rather than using the soft tissue. The origin of the mummies was found to be from 1388 BC to 426 AD.

The revelation did not come as a surprise to the scientists as they found the genetic ties of the mummies to the Middle East and Greece since Egypt was a centre of trade and travel back in time.

Prepared by Sumit Balodi of NewsGram. Twitter: @sumit_balodi

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 NewsGram

Next Story

YouTube to be Get Blocked in Egypt For a Month

"The ruling is a punishment for YouTube website that will cost it massive economic losses," Salem said.

0
The lawsuit dates back to 2013 when the Egyptian lawyer demanded to ban YouTube in Egypt until the offensive clip on Prophet Muhammad and other anti-Islamic videos are removed.
Egypt's top administrative court ordered on Saturday to block YouTube streaming website for one month over hosting a video that denigrates Prophet Muhammad of Islam. Pixabay

Egypt’s top administrative court ordered on Saturday to block YouTube streaming website for one month over hosting a video that denigrates Prophet Muhammad of Islam, the Egyptian lawyer who filed the lawsuit said.

“The ruling is final, unappealable and enforceable,” Xinhua quoted lawyer Mohamed Hamed Salem as saying.

A lower administrative court has previously ordered the National Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (NTRA) to do so, but the latter appealed against the ruling, citing it was hard to implement.

The top administrative court rejected the NTRA appeal on Saturday and upheld the temporary ban as a final, unappealable ruling.

The lawsuit dates back to 2013 when the Egyptian lawyer demanded to ban YouTube in Egypt until the offensive clip on Prophet Muhammad and other anti-Islamic videos are removed.

The lawsuit dates back to 2013 when the Egyptian lawyer demanded to ban YouTube in Egypt until the offensive clip on Prophet Muhammad and other anti-Islamic videos are removed.
“The ruling is final, unappealable and enforceable,” Xinhua quoted lawyer Mohamed Hamed Salem as saying. Pixabay

“The ruling is a punishment for YouTube website that will cost it massive economic losses,” Salem said.

Privately funded and produced in California, the controversial video first appeared on YouTube in 2012, raising a wave of anti-American outrage in the Muslim world where Prophet Muhammad is highly revered.

Hillary and Facebook: Hillary Clinton Wishes to Head the Facebook

The lawyer said that “the offensive video” led some fanatic Islamists to assault the U.S. and British embassies in Cairo at the time.

It is unclear how the temporary ban will be implemented, as YouTube was still working in Egypt until Saturday evening.

“The NTRA is responsible for implementing the ban and there is no technical difficulty to do so,” the lawyer said, warning “I will file a lawsuit against the NTRA chief if the ban is not implemented.” (IANS)

Next Story