Sunday December 8, 2019
Home Lead Story Elon Musk Hin...

Elon Musk Hints at Boring Company’s First Tunnel launch

"Electric skates will carry between 8 and 16 passengers, or a single passenger vehicle," according to the Electrek

0
//
Tesla CEO Elon musk, board
Tesla CEO Elon Musk. (VOA)

Billionaire Elon Musk on Saturday tweeted a photograph with “The Boring Company” and “December 18” on it, indicating that his infrastructure and tunnel construction firm is set to launch its first tunnel under Los Angeles in the US.

Boring Company was earlier slated to launch the tunnel on December 10 and postponed it.

The company reportedly said they would offer the first public test ride with the electric transport system inside the tunnel.

Earlier in October, Musk had announced that the Boring Company was “almost done” with its maiden test tunnel and they would open the project to the public around December 10.

Elon Musk, tesla
Tesla CEO, Elon Musk. (Wikimedia Commons)

According to Elon Musk, the company is building a watchtower at the exit of the tunnel with bricks made from dirt dug out of the tunnel.

In Chicago, the company will reportedly build a “Loop” which they described on their website as: “Loop is a high-speed underground public transportation system in which passengers are transported on autonomous electric skates travelling at 125-150 miles per hour.”

Also Read- Rocket Lab is Set To Launch 10 NASA CubeSats

“Electric skates will carry between 8 and 16 passengers, or a single passenger vehicle,” according to the Electrek.

In order to implement this system, the company will have to dig the tunnels and deploy the infrastructure to move those “autonomous electric skates” inside the tunnels. (IANS)

Next Story

Elon Musk Wins in Defamation Trial Over his ‘Pedo Guy’ Tweet

"Anybody that knows this man knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that Elon's accusations were false," Wood said outside court. "This was not the justice that he deserved under the evidence

0
Tesla CEO Elon musk, board
Tesla CEO Elon Musk. (VOA)

Multi-billionaire tech mogul Elon Musk has emerged triumphant from a defamation trial as the federal court jury swiftly rejected the $190 million claim brought against him by a British man over “pedo guy” tweet, who helped with the rescue of 12 boys and their soccer coach from a flooding Thai cave.

Both Musk and Vernon Unsworth were present for the closing remarks.

Musk appeared unhappy during the closing remarks, while Unsworth, whose back was to the jury, at times looked to be wiping tears from his eyes as Spiro spoke, The Verge reported on Friday.

During the last hearing, Musk’s lawyer told the jury the tweet did not rise to the level of defamation and cases over insults didn’t belong in federal courtrooms.

While, leaving the courtroom, Musk told reporters: “My faith in humanity is restored, the jury did the right thing.”

Elon Musk, CEO of SpaceX and Tesla. Wikimedia Commons

“I accept the jury verdict, take it on the chin, and move on,” Unsworth said outside court.

As per report, in closing remarks, Unsworth’s attorney, L. Lin Wood, characterized one of Musk’s tweets as “sue or true”. Wood said he believed Musk got involved in the Thai cave rescue as a publicity stunt.

“I believe Elon Musk saw an opportunity to capitalize on the attention,” Wood said in his closing statement.

Also Read: Adobe Plans to Buy Oculus Medium: Report

Additionally, Wood asked for $5 million in actual damages, $35 million in assumed damages and $150 million in punitive damages.

“Anybody that knows this man knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that Elon’s accusations were false,” Wood said outside court. “This was not the justice that he deserved under the evidence.” (IANS)

Next Story