By Ruchika Verma
- Skill India by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi aims to develope skills in Indian youth
- This campaign will help youth in developing their careers
- Skill India campaign has many features which makes it distinct and successful
Narendra Modi’s government in its term has launched many programs which aim at improving the economical condition of India. The programs which are aimed at improving employment in India have been moderately successful.
After successful initiatives like ‘Digital India’ and ‘Make in India‘, the BJP Government launched another program, called ‘Skill India.’ It is another dream project of the prime minister, Narendra Modi, which was launched on 16 July 2015. The project aims to train 40 crore Indians in different skills by 2022.
Here is the list of all the things you need to know about the Skill India Program :
Main aim of Skill India is to tap the vast potential of India’s indigenous manpower. The goal is to create opportunities and scope for the development of Indian youth.
Skill India aims to develop those sectors which require skills and skill development. The campaign also aims to identify new sectors for skill development. The main focus is to not only develop skills but also to inculcate entrepreneurship in the youth.
The aim of developing skills in 40 crores youngsters by 2022 is to be completed by running the campaign in each and every year of India.
There are also many other missions which Narendra Modi launched to fulfill this purpose. These missions are :
- National Skill Development Mission
- National Policy for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (Prime Minister Skill Development Scheme)
- Rural India Skill
- Skill Loan Scheme
Other features of the Skill India campaign are :
- Skill India provides training and support for all traditional occupations like carpenters, masons, nurses, blacksmiths, tailors, etc.
- Not only traditional occupation, it also lays emphasis new, modern areas of occupation like like designing of jewelry and apparel, banking and investment, finance, real estate, construction, textile, tourism, or any other field where skill development is needed.
- For this program India has collaborated with countries like U.K. and Japan. This is done so that the training programs would be standerdised as per the international level. It will enable our youth to meet domestic as well as international needs, if needed.
- Courses offered under Skill India consider various factors such as age, location, language and financial status, to ensure that the candidate learns all the required skills like communication, management, etc.
- The course methodology of Skill India is very interesting, interactive and innovative. It includes games, group discussions, practical experiences, case studies etc.
- Another important feature of Skill India campaign is the project called, Rural India Skill. It will standardize and certify the training process, as per the International standards.
Advantages of Skill India campaign and what makes it different.
The Sill India campaign has many advantages. It will raise the confidence and productivity of the youth through proper skill development. It will help them get well-reputed blue collar jobs. Soft training given during this course will not only help professionally, but also in personal development. It will also improve entrepreneurship in our country.
Apart from creating job opportunities, this campaign will also help in the growth of Indian industries by providing them with skilled man-power. While improving the lives of the youth, this campaign will also help in improving India’s economy.
What makes this campaign different from the other similar onesin the past is, the new approach. Skill India is not just a campaign, but a movement, as per the P.M. Narendra Modi. This program is also not for a certain strata of society, this program is non-discriminatory and is for every Indian who aspire to improve their skills and career.
Skill India campaign also doesn’t focus on just one type of professional skill, it is for all kinds of professions – be it traditional or modern. The certifying committee is also under a new ministry which will ensure that there no discrepancies.
Skill India campaign till now is running smoothly, benefiting many Indians and their careers. Hopefully, it will continue to run properly and will increase in its effectiveness.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2018 NewsGram