New Delhi, October 13, 2017 : Nothing can beat the goodness of a homemade face mask which can be made from natural ingredients like bananas, papayas, oats, aloe-vera, honey, turmeric and more. With the festive season around the corner, experts suggest shakes, flower mixes and face packs which can be easily made at home.
Gunjan Gaur, make-up expert at ALPS Cosmetic Clinic and make-up expert Shahnaz Husain, have listed some useful face pack recipes :
- Honey banana homemade face mask: Mash half a ripe banana and milk, one table spoon of sandalwood powder paste and half table spoon of honey. Let it stay on your skin for 20-25 minutes and wash it with lukewarm water. This face mask is beneficial for oily skin as sandalwood helps in cleansing excess sebum and oil from the skin while banana keeps it moisturized.
- Hibiscus homemade face mask : Make a cold infusion of Hibiscus flowers, by allowing them to stand overnight in cold water, in a ratio of one to six. Next morning crush the flowers. Strain and keep the water. Mix the flowers with 3 teaspoons oats, two drops tea tree oil and add the water to mix into a paste. This hibiscus pack helps to cleanse, refresh and tone the skin, adding a glow.
- honey and yogurt homemade face mask : Take honey and yogurt and add a few tablespoons of red wine. Apply this on the face and leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse with plain water. This softens and moisturizes the skin, removes tan and also adds a glow.
- Avocado homemade face mask : Avocado pulp can be mixed with aloe-vera gel and applied on the face to nourish and moisturize the skin. Wash off with plain water after 20 minutes. Fresh and raw avocado should be used. Avocado contains about 20 vitamins and minerals. It is rich in antioxidants, which help to delay skin ageing.
- Mix cucumber and ripe papaya pulp with curd and two teaspoons oats. Lemon juice can also be added. Apply on face and neck. Wash it off after half an hour. Helps to remove tan and brighten the skin.
- For oily skin, soak one tablespoon moong dal in water for a few hours. Make a paste and add one tablespoon tomato pulp. Apply on face with a light massage. Wash off with water after 20 minutes. the pack reduces oiliness and brightens the skin. (IANS)
Copyright 2017 NewsGram