Ditch the dresses and glam up for your summer vacation with a suitcase packed with something new.
Ritika Taneja, Head Category Management at ShopClues and Jankee and Stuti Desai, Founders of The Fancy Pants Store, give out fashion tips that will ensure you travel in style without carrying a dress.
* Denim skirt: You can never go wrong with a denim skirt on a vacation. Pair this with a one-piece for that dressy look. Or, just put on a tank top and a bolero jacket if you’re heading out for a mid-day break or even dinner at a nearby eatery.
* Co-Ords: Invest in a pair of co-ords for your holiday wardrobe. You could also opt for a yellow or pastel hue to add an unexpected element to your holiday look. Co-ords are etching their way into wardrobe staples and come in lots of combinations.
Depending on your destination, you can choose a crop top with shorts, a high slit skirt with a strappy top or even a holiday stunner like long flared pants with a slogan tube top and a jacket.
* Playsuit: We would recommend a printed playsuit or jumpsuit because it brings a really fun vibe to a holiday outfit. It’s comfortable but still so chic. With the right accessories, it’s a look you can take from a day of sightseeing to a fancy dinner. You can pick one that is fit and flair for a flirty, feminine look. Accessorise it with a hair band and a stack of bracelets to complete your look.
* High-waist trousers: If you’re not a beach person and prefer to just soak in the spirit of a new place making memories with great photographs, high-waist linen trousers are your best bet. Pair them with a bikini top and a silk scarf with large gold hoops and a dainty layered necklace for that perfect look. (IANS)
Scorching heat should not be your reason to ditch your fashion quotient. Embrace your natural beauty and minimalist aesthetics to bring out the best version of yourself in the summer season.
Stafford Braganza, National Makeup Artist at NYX Professional Makeup, gives tips and tricks to put your best face forward for a fresh look.
* Start fresh: Begin with splashing cold water on your face to get rid of all the excess oil and pat it dry, followed by application of a lightweight moisturiser.
* Primer comes first: Apply a face and eye primer for a smooth texture and even surface for your foundation to glide on easily. It prevents the foundation from melting down and helps your make-up last longer through the day.
* Use a lightweight formula: Avoid using heavy, full coverage foundation as it tends to melt away on sweaty skin. Swap it with a lightweight formula like BB creams or tinted moisturisers that are oil-free and have SPF to protect your skin from the harsh sunlight.
* Say goodbye to powder, and hello to cream: Use creamy versions of blush and eye-shadows as it settles effortlessly over the skin whereas powder tends to wear off easily. You could dust some powder over the cream for the cheeks and eyelids that will help the make-up last longer.
* Go water-proof: Try water-proof versions of eyeliners and mascaras as they are better able to withstand summer sweating and last longer when your lids are moist.
* Love light lips: Choose light and soft summery, coral hues of nudes and pink lip colours for a refreshed summer make-up look. Matte and transfer-proof lipsticks, tinted lip balms and stains are your best friends for a smudge-free pout during the summer.
* Befriend the blotting paper: Always keep blotting paper handy when you are out and about in the heat to take off excess oil and ensure a soft and fresh radiance all day long.
From staple summer dresses to linen essentials, the summer mood is welcomed with styles that embody all the cheer of the season. Francesca Zedda, Head of Style and Trends at Marks & Spencer, suggests how one can stay fashionable in summer.
* Dresses are key for the season — think quality, comfort and style. From light cotton floral dresses, to slip midi dresses adorned with pretty pinstripes, swim beach dresses and sartorial linen dresses, these styles are soft and breathable and will keep you cool and comfortable on the warmest of days.
* Puff sleeves, gathered necklines and drawstring waist details elevate the everyday dress. Pair it with a gladiator sandal, some stand-out aviator eyecandy and a classic straw flat top sun hat for the perfect holiday look.
* Pick pieces in linen that will take you through the summer season in style. Lightweight and comfortable, they are perfect for wear in warmer weather, whether you’re away on holiday or enjoying the sunshine at home. You can layer up neutral tones together or mix and match coloured linen separates with white staples for a clean, on-trend look
* Introduce cool whites into the wardrobe. Whether you head for the beach or the city streets this summer, there’s something about an all-white ensemble that keeps things simple, yet chic, and is an easy way to look fresh all-season long. (IANS)