- Green tea is a healthier option in comparison to fizzy and caffeinated drinks
- Green Tea is known to relieve stress and solve several health problems
- Researchers claim it can help alleviate insulin resistance, cognitive impairment, and fight allergies
New Delhi, August 30, 2017: Coffee and black tea have long featured as preferred beverage options for a lot of people. However, rising awareness about the need to improve lifestyles has led to increased consumption of healthier alternatives such as green tea. The antibacterial, antifungal and antioxidant properties of green tea address several health issues – ranging from bad breath to blood pressure. There are many health & skin benefits of green tea, let’s tal about it.
In fact, given our sedentary lifestyle and increased intake of fast foods, green tea is today more important than ever. A recent study published online in The FASEB Journal suggests that green tea could help alleviate insulin resistance and cognitive impairment induced by high-fat and high-fructose diets. Some studies also suggest that it can help fight off allergies.
Here are some additional benefits of green tea:
- Curbs cholesterol: A high level of cholesterol in the body can increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Green tea contains catechins that are known to reduce low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol in the body which causes plaque in the arteries, leading to a blockage. This is one of the best benefits of green tea
- Promotes healthier skin: Green tea is known for its rich content of antioxidants and anti-aging elements. These can help delay signs of skin aging such as fine lines, wrinkles and sun damage. Regular consumption of green tea flushes out unwanted toxins from the body, thereby helping you have healthy skin. one of the skin benefits of green tea.
- Relieves physical and mental fatigue: According to estimates by the World Health Organisation (WHO), over 450 million people suffer from stress worldwide. Green tea contains polyphenols that help reduce stress, boost energy and improve mental focus. The various antioxidants that are present in green tea also have a calming effect on the mind and body, which helps in creating a positive mood.
- Builds immunity: Green tea contains compounds such as polyphenol and flavonoids which boost your immune system. These phytoconstituents act as antimicrobial agents, thereby helping the body fight against infection as well. Moreover, the antioxidants in green tea strengthen and protect the immune system against compounds known as free radicals, which are known to harm living cells and tissues.
- Helps in removal of phlegm: Green tea contains polyphenols which have potent anti-bacterial properties that fight against infections and reduce the formation of phlegm. For best results, prepare some green tea and add a little honey to it before drinking it.
- Helps detox your body: Detoxing one’s body helps improve metabolism. Green tea refreshes, hydrates and cleanses the body of unhealthy toxins. The catechins in green tea improve the fat metabolism and reduce toxic effects on the liver. It reduces pressure on the liver, which is the body’s major detoxing organ. Moreover, it also detoxifies and purifies the whole body because of its rich antioxidant properties.
So now that you are aware of the all vital benefits of green tea, it is time to switch from high caffeinated beverages to green tea for a healthier lifestyle. (IANS)
A Must Read Article: Skin Benefits Of Coconut OilClick here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 NewsGram