New Delhi, September 20, 2017 : Today, heart diseases comprise a leading cause of global deaths regardless of gender. According to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over 611, 105 people die annually due to heart related problems.
Our heart every day fights multiple battles to keep healthy against a variety of internal factors like aging, obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, a sedentary lifestyle and a family history of heart diseases. Risk factor to heart diseases can be further augmented by factors like smoking, excessive alcohol or caffeine consumption.
Signs of Heart Diseases
- Persistent coughing
- Chest discomfort
- Rapid or irregular pulse
- Shortness of breath
Our heart never stops functioning (If it ever does, we would die to). Thus, it is important to keep it healthy.
An improved functioning of the heart can be credited to the quality of blood and blood flow, which can largely depend on the diet that we consume. A healthy diet balanced in multiple nutrients, coupled with a regular exercise regime can help you attain this goal.
To make everyday meals more interesting, a variety of herd and spices can be incorporated in your diet to improve the heart’s health.
Using spices not only improves the taste of food but also provided necessary nutrients that might otherwise not be present in our food.
If your heart’s health is on your priority list right not, we present to you five spices that will be beneficial to counter heart diseases,
- Garlic: Increased cholesterol is the greatest reason for heart ailments. You can control the cholesterol level by incorporating garlic in everyday diet. Garlic is rich in allicin, an anti-oxidant which controls cholesterol as well as controls blood pressure. In this way, a diet rich in garlic is a one-stop successful approach to avoid cardiac problems.
- Turmeric: In several Hindu households, a paste made out of turmeric and milk continues to be applied on wounds. Additionally, a lot of you will relate to being forced to consume turmeric milk by your mothers. This is because Turmeric is enriched with anti-oxidants and anti inflammatory properties. This implies that turmeric has a calming effect which is useful in lowering cholesterol levels. The anti-oxidants present in this spice are thus, known to prevent hardening of the arteries by reduced cholesterol levels and also controlling the oxidation of fat. Aside from this, it is additionally an excellent approach to avert diabetes.
- Black pepper: Black pepper activates the chordoproteactive activity. This attempts to protect the body against oxidative harm, which damages cell membranes and other structures like cellular proteins, DNA and lipids. Apart from this, black pepper also upgrades the cardiovascular capacity.
- Cinnamon: Blood flow can be improved by utilizing cinnamon in your everyday diet as it can counter the release of the fatty acids in the blood that cause inflammation and subsequent blood clotting in the body. Cinnamon can also help to maintain a required thickness of the blood, which can aid in lowering blood pressure. Cinnamon also helps to lower LDL (bad cholesterol) thus, keeping the heart healthy! Utilize a squeeze of cinnamon consistently to remain safe from heart-related ailments.
- Coriander Seeds: Also known as Cilantro, Coriander seeds and leaves are rich in anti platelet compounds and natural antioxidants. These qualities help keep platelet aggregation under check, which impedes the flow of blood to the heart. Coriander also contain great measures of anti-oxidants. These components work together to shield the heart from free radical. To control cholesterol, coriander seeds are advantageous as they aid to increase the blood flow. Furthermore, they also assist in keeping a check on diabetes which is a major contributor to health diseases.
NewsGram is a Chicago-based non-profit media organization. We depend upon support from our readers to maintain our objective reporting. Show your support by Donating to NewsGram. Donations to NewsGram are tax-exempt.
Click here- www.newsgram.com/donate