Splashing the fragrance all around your body may disappear in the middle of the day during the monsoon season. Choosing your perfect fragrance is equally important as opting for the one that stays for long.
Abdulla Ajmal, Consulting Perfumer at Ajmal Perfumes, and Shikhee Agrawal, Head Training, The Body Shop India, tell how:
* When your skin is moisturised, that’s the best time to spritz on perfume as this encourages the skin to retain the scent better. Ideally, use fragrant oils on the body as they will retain their essence for much longer.
* The pulse points on your body emits heat. applying perfume on these spots will ensure that the scent is diffused as an aura from your body. These spots are your wrists, neck, midriff and inside of your elbow
* An ideal way to retain the scent of a spray-based product would be to apply a generous amount to your innerwear along with your clothes. This will create a double layer of fragrance on you enhancing its strength and longevity.
* Be selective in choosing your base, mid and top notes of the perfume. Opt for an eaude parfum rather than eau de toilette. The former contains a higher concentration of oils that will not only last longer and will stay true to its original composition of note.
* For the light fragrances; you can experiment by building layers with soft fruity and citrus fragrances. Also, you can use body lotions or gels or sorbets to even keep your skin hydrated and topping up with a strong fragrance. This helps in staying your fragrance for a longer time.
* The finest ways for an overall touch to your personality, apply the fragrance to your hair and they carry fragrance for a very long time. But this should not be a regular habit. Also, do not apply it directly as perfumes has alcohol which might damage your hair. The first is to spray your perfume into the air and walk through it. This will more lightly scent your locks but also help prevent damage from alcohol. (IANS)
One of the things that most students seem to always lack is time. There is always too much work to do, too many opportunities to pursue, too few hours in a day to do everything you are supposed to be doing. Yet there are always people who somehow manage to complete all their assignments on deadline, who are never behind with their studies and who don’t even have the decency to look harried and exhausted all the time. No, they somehow manage to pull it off while having a perfectly good time, finding opportunities for social life and never complaining about their tight schedule. Do they have some kind of superpower?
Not really – they simply follow a few simple steps you can introduce into your life as well. Here they are.
1.Get a watch
“But what do I need a watch for if I have a smartphone that doesn’t just tell me the right time but does a hundred other useful things?”, you may ask. And will be exactly right – that’s the whole point.
Your smartphone doesn’t just tell you time but hosts half a hundred apps, your email, your collection of photos and who knows what else. All of which has a potential of distracting you and eating up hours of your time every day. You need a timepiece that won’t lead you astray every time you glance at it to check what time it is – and a good old-fashioned watch is perfect for that purpose.
2.Give yourself room for maneuver
Remember the simple rule of time management – things never take the same amount of time you believe them to take. Sometimes you finish things early, but more often than not they will take longer than you expected, sometimes much longer. You should be prepared for that. If your plan is built around the belief that you will finish an assignment in exactly 3 hours, then you will have surplus to prepare for a test for 2 hours, and so on, you are bound to make mistakes. Of course, you can always hire aprofessional essay writing serviceto help you out, but you cannot do that all the time, and constantly being short on time does bad things to your self-esteem. So give yourself some breathing room and always leave some time for unexpected contingencies.
3.Create a sleep schedule and stick to it
If you want to feel energized and ready to take on the world at any time you need a healthy sleep. And healthy sleep is impossible without a steadysleeping schedule – meaning that you should go to sleep and get up at the same time every day, without sleeping in on weekends and pulling all-nighters before important tests. If the reason why you are always late is that you constantly feel too sleepy, you should pay special attention to this tip.
If you constantly lack time to deal withall your responsibilities, it is not the sign of too many responsibilities, but of your poor choice of priorities. Do you spend too much on socializing when you know you should be hitting the books? Do you press the “Snooze” button when you know full well you are already late for a lecture? Do you put off doing an important assignment in favor of some other, immediately gratifying activity? If the answers to these questions are “yes,” you should review what is important for you and come up with answers that are different from the ones you give with your actions. You maybuy essayif you fail to complete an assignment on time once or twice, but if you have to do it constantly, you are probably doing something wrong with your time.
5.Set up the night before
If you know that you have a hard time getting up in the morning and are constantly late, as a result, try preparing the night before. Lay out your clothes, put important things like keys and your wallet into your pockets, etc. This will save you precious minutes in the morning and will make sure you don’t leave something important at home.
6.Schedule things 10 minutes early
When you have to get somewhere by 12 o’clock, try to do it by 11:50. More often than not, something unexpected will happen, and you will arrive just in time as a result, instead of being late. However, it is always a good idea to have some work or reading material along in case the doubly unexpected happens, and you arrive early.
7.Recognize patterns and look for ways to correct them
We all know our bad habits, but what do we actually do about correcting them? If you know that you are prone to hitting the “Snooze” button in the morning instead of getting up, what can you do to correct it? If you want to improve, you have to actually start doing something to achieve it – like, in this case, putting your smartphone as far away from your bed as possible so that you have to get up to get to it. The same goes for any other habit that causes you to be late. Observe yourself, look for repeating patterns and apply yourself to change them.
Nobody is on time all the time, but you certainly can get closer to ideal if you follow at least some of these tips. Good luck!