- A Hindu woman filed a complaint in Phulwari region in Patna, claiming that her husband and in laws forced her to convert to Islam and eat cow meat
- She was blackmailed by a pornographic video made by her husband while being raped by him
- The woman from Kolkata and Asif met through Facebook
PATNA: A Hindu woman filed a complaint in Phulwari region in Patna, claiming that her husband and in laws forced her to convert to Islam and eat cow meat on June 13. She said that she was kept in a Madrasa for a month where she learnt the principles of Islam. Whenever she tried to refuse, she was blackmailed by a pornographic video made by her husband, when she was being raped by him.
The police have detained two people after her complaint was filed. The husband, Asif Iqbal and the Maulvi of the Madrasa are on the run.
Follow NewsGram on facebook: NewsGram
Hailing from Kolkata, the woman and Asif met through facebook. She was impressed when she saw the photos he had uploaded through his account. They soon exchanged numbers and an affair began. On Asif’s continuous requests, she went to Patna to meet him. There, she was sexually harassed in a hotel room. Asif had been filming the entire incident.
On her return to Kolkata, she found herself blackmailed by Asif. She went back to Patna, pleading him to marry her. There, she was assaulted by him, yet again. After a few days, Asif took her to his parents. On their demand, her conversion to Islam began.
Follow NewsGram on twitter: @newsgram1
Even after she had accepted Islam, her in laws continued to torment her. Gathering her courage, she told about this to her mother in Kolkata. Together, they filed a complaint in the local police station. The accused are yet to be found.
–by Devika Todi, an intern at NewsGram. twitter: devika_todi
- Hamas says, a Woman must have a protector while Driving with a Male Instructor
- Life in Saudi Arabia from the eyes of Majd Abdulghani, a dynamic young woman
- Red is the new green- Campaign by a Mumbai woman to educate women about menstrual cycles
Copyright 2016 NewsGram