Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
Coding is the soul of programming. And, to ensure that every code is self-explanatory, optimised, and readable, programmers must be well acquainted with good coding practices. While programming is meant for machines, good coding is meant to be human-readable.
Programming works on the same fundamentals as mathematics does. There are multiple ways to solve a problem and to code, but crisp, clear, universally acknowledged, and right formulas always lead to the right output. There are certain practices in coding that have been widely accepted and are being used as the right approach. These practices give a common ground to all the programmers for writing codes. Good coding practices are not forced, but suggested methods to write easily understandable codes.
Few good coding practices that the community of developers should follow include —
- Following naming conventions – naming conventions are certain rules that are applied while writing codes for programming. They serve multiple purposes such as enhancing clarity and uniformity of the codes and increasing readability for other developers. Features like capitalisation, punctuation, adding identifiers, and symbols come under naming conventions. For example, there are two broad styles of writing code: camel case and snake case. In camel case, a variable name will be written as “variableName” whereas in snake case, the same variable will be written as “variable_name”. Following the same conventions makes the code easier to understand and sets a standard for all the coders working on a project.
- Keeping the code simple – to ensure that your code is human-readable, it is essential to keep it as simple as possible. There are times when coders end up deploying complicated logic to complete simple tasks. This not only creates confusion but also makes it really difficult for other developers to understand the code and extract the meaning from the same. Good code is always focussed on a single purpose and nothing else. To integrate this practice, you should start practising and reconsidering your codes time and again. Getting your codes reviewed from someone would give you a different perspective and you could start using much simpler logic behind the same.
- Following DRY principle – DRY (Don’t Repeat Yourself) principle aims at reducing information repetition. It also suggests that your codes must be reusable. A reusable code must be safe, clear, reliable, and secure. The principle states that, “Every piece of knowledge must have a single, unambiguous, authoritative representation within a system”. Avoiding lengthy methods, dividing the logic and code into smaller units, and reusing these existing pieces in a different manner helps in following the DRY principle. For example, let’s suppose we had to write 3 functions that have a different set of input and output parameters but uses the same logic or algorithm. Then, instead of rewriting the same algorithm in all three functions, we can move that piece of code to a separate function and include it in all required places.
Coding is more about thinking than writing. People often start deploying their initial ideas without thinking over it. To write easily understandable codes while following good coding practices, it is extremely essential to use logic and break down everything into the simplest form possible.
How to integrate all of these coding practices? E-learning is the solution!
A few programmers undergo years of formal education and still end up writing long, complex, and non-reusable codes. On the other hand, professionals who focus solely on skill development through affordable and accessible online trainings, know how to write simple, short, and reusable code. Good programmers are made of 70% practical knowledge and 30% theoretical understanding. Thus, the best way to gain practical skills and integrate good coding practices in coders is to start learning through online trainings. Where traditional institutes focus much more on the latter, e-learning platforms ensure that you get the opportunity to practice anytime, anywhere, and at your own pace. Apart from being affordable and accessible, online learning is the best solution for integrating good coding practices as –
- It lets you choose from various programming trainings and find out what is best for you – from C, C++, and Java to Kotlin, Elm, Rust, and so on, programming languages have come a long way. Today, there are multiple programming languages which can assist you at different scales to grow as a developer. Based on your interest, you can enrol into multiple courses on e-learning platforms. While traditional coaching institutes might require you to spend 6 months or a few years to complete such trainings dedicatedly, online platforms help you to complete the training at your own pace and within a few weeks. Trainings such as web development, ethical hacking, data science, programming with python, core Java, Android app development, programming with C and C++, and Angular are a few trainings that could help you in strengthening your programming concepts and skills while focussing on various good coding practices.
- It assists you in upskilling at your own pace – online trainings let you save your resources, learn new skills, and upskill at your own convenience. Whether you are pursuing graduation, doing a job, or looking for a career change, e-learning is your go-to solution. You don’t have to bear all the traditional training costs such as relocating, travelling every day, and paying for the equipment, software, etc. You get to learn through videos, visual organizers, and practice exercises that help you to learn at your own pace without following a strict study schedule. Online training lectures are designed keeping all the coding practices in mind. Thus, the instructors try to make sure that you understand all the essential coding practices right at the time of learning. Assessments after every module ensure that you can deploy your learning, learn the required skills through more and more practice, and complete the training to fit into different work industries.
- It gives you multiple opportunities to test what you have learnt – programming is something that could never go right at the very first attempt. To integrate good coding practices, you need to be curious, attentive, and logical. Online trainings allow you to learn to code, practice it on your own, find out the bugs and issues, and then put in all your efforts to rectify them. This would happen initially, however, after intense practice and understanding, you would be able to write more optimal codes at one go. Online trainings come up with hands-on exercises and an industrial project that allows you to implement your learning. The assessments would help you to learn various things such as the use of headers, comments, self-documenting code, style conventions, and a lot more. Solving various quizzes and code challenges could definitely help in your professional growth.
Codes are meant to be read and not just run. Aesthetic website or app can surely attract people but irrelevant information, lack of proper action buttons, and errors would push you back. For every coder, it is essential to keep the coding practices, standards, and principles in mind so that she can use her learning wisely. The more you practice, the less time you would take to write good codes.
Also Read- 3 Ways Online Trainings Add Value to your Learning
Courtesy: Internshala Trainings, a training platform (trainings.internshala.com)
Heinz has just rolled out a new product that the condiment company says is the "biggest innovation in sauce since the packet itself." Earlier this month, the world's largest producer of ketchup announced the Packet Roller, a ketchup bottle-shaped gadget that allows users to squeeze the most out of a condiment packet, CNN reported.
"Do not click 'purchase' unless you are prepared to change everything about the way you sauce," the Heinz Packet Roller website says. The roller goes for $5.70. The roller is pocket-sized, can be added to a keychain, and features a packet corner cutter.
Heinz has just rolled out a new product that the condiment company says is the "biggest innovation in sauce since the packet itself | Flickr
This announcement could be part of the fast-tracked, "future-focused culinary and packaging innovations" that Steve Cornell, president of Kraft Heinz's US grocery business unit, hinted at earlier this year amid a shortage of ketchup. A surge in takeout and delivery food orders during the pandemic led to a scarcity of ketchup packets, the report said.
In April, Heinz pledged to increase production of ketchup by 25 per cent to 12 billion packets annually. "Gone are the days of fumbling with ketchup packets, pants ruined by mustard disasters, and minutes taken off your life trying to get to the bottom of that mayo packet. With the patent-pending Heinz Packet Roller, what was once taxing becomes simple -- just snip and roll to squeeze out every drop of your sauce of choice," the website says
Keywords: Heinz, Packet roller, sauce, company, ketchup
Swiss tennis ace Roger Federer, who is recovering from a right-knee surgery he underwent last month, said on Sunday that it was a difficult process to decide whether to undergo a third right-knee surgery after having two last year. But following Wimbledon, where he was "really unhappy" with his performance in reaching the quarterfinals, Federer opted to go through with it.
Federer, who made a late decision to attend this year's Laver Cup in Boston -- a tournament held between teams from Europe and the rest of the world -- said on the sidelines of the event that the recovery and rehabilitation are "going to take me a few more months and then we'll see how things are at some point next year". "The reception I've received, everybody is so upbeat that I'm here. They wish me all the best and they don't even see the crutches. They just want me to be good again and enjoy the weekend," Federer said in an interview for the event with former world No. 1 Jim Courier.
"I've seen some incredible tennis, some great matches and it's been wonderful. I'm really happy I made the trip," the winner of 20 majors was quoted as saying by atptour.com. On why he opted for a third surgery, the tennis ace said, "I was just nowhere near where I wanted to be to play at the top, top level. But I tried my best and at the end... too much is too much. Now I've just got to take it step by step," Federer said.
Federer received thunderous ovations inside Boston's TD Garden, where he has often been sitting in the front row watching the action or behind the scenes visiting with the players. | Wikimedia Commons
"I've got to first walk again properly, run properly and then do the sidesteps and all the agility work and then eventually I've got to be back on the tennis court. But it's going to take me a few more months and then we'll see how things are at some point next year. "I've got to take my time. I don't want to rush into anything at this point. This is also for my life. I want to make sure I can do everything I want to do later on. There's no rush with anything, so I'm actually in a really good place. I think the worst is behind me. I took the time and, I don't know, I'm just really in a good place. I'm really happy."
Federer received thunderous ovations inside Boston's TD Garden, where he has often been sitting in the front row watching the action or behind the scenes visiting with the players. The former world No. 1 has played in the first three editions of the Laver Cup. "I think Boston is a great city. The stadium is wonderful, the crowds have been incredible. Both teams are stacked with absolute quality and top players," Federer said. "That's what the idea was behind it: that everybody could come together, have the most incredible weekend, learn from one another and then hopefully that's going to inspire them, motivate them and get them going for the rest of this year, next year." (IANS/ MBI)
Keywords: Roger Federer, tennish, player, sports, knee, surgery
By Hitesh Rathi
Cleopatra, was regarded as a great beauty, to preserve her skin, she took her daily bath in donkey milk. Besides, Hippocrates, the father of medicine, prescribed donkey milk for various diseases including fever, wounds, etc. To add to these benefits, donkey milk has four times the amount of Vitamin C than cow's milk has. So, it's no secret that donkey milk is a powerhouse of nutrients for both the skin and body.
Used for Anti-Ageing and Healing
The milk contains essential fatty acids that work as powerful anti-ageing and healing properties. These fatty acids blur the wrinkles on the skin and help to regenerate damaged skin. Plus, donkey milk also contains anti-bacterial properties which are effective in healing skin irritation and redness.
The milk contains essential fatty acids that work as powerful anti-ageing and healing properties.| Flickr
Antioxidant and Nutrient-Rich
Known as a "natural elixir of youth", donkey milk is packed with antioxidants and nutrients. It contains vitamin E, amino acids, vitamins A, B1, B6, C, E, Omega 3, and 6. These properties together make it a rich ingredient when it comes to skin treatment. Moreover, vitamin D is another important ingredient for human skin, and the primary source to get it is through UV exposure. At the same time, too much of that leaves an adverse effect on the skin. Here is when donkey milk acts as a great substitute as it naturally contains vitamin D. All in all, if this milk is applied frequently, it brings a glowing effect while making the skin look brighter.
Known as a "natural elixir of youth", donkey milk is packed with antioxidants and nutrients.| Photo by Jernej Graj on Unsplash
Moisturizer and Softener
By now it's a well-known fact that this milk works as a powerful moisturizer for the skin. Besides, if donkey milk is used consistently, it acts as a great cleanser as well as helps in keeping the skin healthy, hydrated, and soft.
If donkey milk is used consistently, it acts as a great cleanser as well as helps in keeping the skin healthy, hydrated, and soft. | Photo by febri sym on Unsplash
Therefore, donkey milk with its healing, nutritional and rejuvenating properties for the skin is rapidly emerging as a key ingredient for skincare. These are also driving several leading players to roll out personal care products such as soap, cream, etc. manufactured using donkey milk. Moreover, the global donkey milk market is expanding rapidly with the market value projected to reach $68,139.0 thousand by 2027, registering a CAGR of 9.4 per cent from 2021 to 2027. And the growing use of donkey milk as an ingredient in cosmetic and personal care products will significantly contribute toward the growth of this market in the years to come. (IANS/ MBI)
Keywords: Skin, donkey milk, skincare, anti-ageing, soft skin, hydrate, antioxidant, healing