By Newsgram Staff Writer
The Indian Under – 23 football team survived a fire scare on Monday in Dhaka, when smoke was spotted coming out from the rear end of the team bus.
According to an All India Football Federation (AIFF) release on Monday, “The team was on its way back to the team hotel after the Mondaymorning recovery session when the smell of something burning pervaded the bus and smoke was spotted in the rear end of the vehicle.”
Escorting police jeeps with the bus dropped the 30-member contingent at the team hotel. A few of the support staff, including head coach Savio Medeira, even walked towards the team hotel before being picked up by vans which were shuttling to offer help to the members of the stranded squad.
Head coach Medeira said in the release, “It was scary. For a moment we were flummoxed. We just couldn’t understand what to do. I need to thank the local police in Bangladesh for their timely support and cooperation without which we could have ended up worse.”
Meanwhile, Bangladesh Football Federation general secretary Abu Nayeem Sohag met Medeira and enquired about the incident and assured full cooperation from their side.
The shock of the incident came back haunting the team, even after they went through their routine treatment, rest and meals.
Copyright 2015 NewsGram