Sunday December 16, 2018
Home World ISIS Offers a...

ISIS Offers a $1Million Reward For the Death of Kurdish-Danish Woman Who Stood up to them

0
//
Joanna Palani. Twitter (jonaschr88)
Republish
Reprint

London, December 20, 2016: For the killing of a Kurdish-Danish woman who fought the terror group in Syria and Iraq, ISIS has offered a $1 million reward. She dropped out of university in 2014, to fight the terror group.

NewsGram brings to you current foreign news from all over the world

Joanna Palani, the 23-year-old girl is behind bars and is facing trial in Copenhagen for leaving the country after a 12-month travel ban imposed in June 2015, according to The Independent.

Her trial will be starting tomorrow and if she is found guilty, two years in prison under the new laws, designed to stem the flow of ISIS terror group from Denmark to the Middle East.
According to PTI, “Palani is often the subject of vicious threats both on and offline following her return to Denmark.”

ISIS. Wikimedia

The latest offerings were made by ISIS on social media channels in several different languages of financial reward for her death.

NewsGram brings to you top news around the world today

She posted on Facebook shortly after her passport was confiscated by cops last year, “How can I pose a threat to Denmark and other countries by being a soldier in an official army that Denmark trains and supports directly in the fight against [ISIS]?”

Palani’s family originates from Iranian Kurdistan. She was born during the first Gulf War, in a refugee camp in Ramadi in Iraq. When she was a child, her family won asylum in Denmark.

She joined the Kurdish revolution against ISIS, after quitting a politics degree, when the extremists rose to prominence in 2014, fighting with both the Kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG) in northern Syria and Peshmerga forces in Iraq, it said, according to PTI report.

Check out NewsGram for latest international news updates

Palani in a Facebook post said she was inspired “to fight for women’s rights, for democracy – for the European values I learned as a Danish girl.”

prepared by NewsGram team

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 NewsGram

Next Story

Aadhaar Helpline Mystery: French Security Expert Tweets of doing a Full Disclosure Tomorrow about Code of the Google SetUP Wizard App

0
cryptocurrency. google
Google, Facebook face greater scrutiny in Australia. Wikimedia Commons

Google’s admission that it had in 2014 inadvertently coded the 112 distress number and the UIDAI helpline number into its setup wizard for Android devices triggered another controversy on Saturday as India’s telecom regulator had only recommended the use of 112 as an emergency number in April 2015.

After a large section of smartphone users in India saw a toll-free helpline number of UIDAI saved in their phone-books by default, Google issued a statement, saying its “internal review revealed that in 2014, the then UIDAI helpline number and the 112 distress helpline number were inadvertently coded into the SetUp wizard of the Android release given to OEMs for use in India and has remained there since”.

Aadhaar Helpline Number Mystery: French security expert tweets of doing a full disclosure tomorrow about Code of the Google SetUP Wizard App, Image: Wikimedia Commons.

However, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) recommended only in April 2015 that the number 112 be adopted as the single emergency number for the country.

According to Google, “since the numbers get listed on a user’s contact list, these get  transferred accordingly to the contacts on any new device”.

Google was yet to comment on the new development.

Meanwhile, French security expert that goes by the name of Elliot Alderson and has been at the core of the entire Aadhaar controversy, tweeted on Saturday: “I just found something interesting. I will probably do full disclosure tomorrow”.

“I’m digging into the code of the @Google SetupWizard app and I found that”.

“As far as I can see this object is not used in the current code, so there is no implications. This is just a poor coding practice in term of security,” he further tweeted.

On Friday, both the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) as well as the telecom operators washed their hand of the issue.

While the telecom industry denied any role in the strange incident, the UIDAI said that he strange incident, the UIDAI said that some vested interests were trying to create “unwarranted confusion” in the public and clarified that it had not asked any manufacturer or telecom service provider to provide any such facility.

Twitter was abuzz with the new development after a huge uproar due to Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) Chairman R.S. Sharma’s open Aadhaar challenge to critics and hackers.

Ethical hackers exposed at least 14 personal details of the TRAI Chairman, including mobile numbers, home address, date of birth, PAN number and voter ID among others. (IANS)

Also Read: Why India Is Still Nowhere Near Securing Its Citizens’ Data?