isoHunt is a BitTorrent search engine, where visitors can browse, search and download or upload torrents. It originated as isohunt.com for IRC files search in 2003. It had 13.7 million torrents in its database and 20 million peers.
Thousands of torrents used to be added and deleted from the website every day. 1 petabyte marks for torrents indexed globally was passed by the website on 19th October 2008. The total amount of shared content was more than 14.11 petabytes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Cuba allows Internet access at Home
Here 8 facts about isoHunt you must know:
1. The search engine was founded by a Canadian national, Gary Fung in January 2003.
2. The name isoHunt is derived from ‘ISO image’, the term used to describe a 1:1 copy of a disk.
3. The website was one of the most popular BitTorrent search engines, with 7.4 million unique visitors.
4. It used to perform 40 million unique searches per month.
5. The website’s founder was in legal battles for years over allegations of copyright infringing.
6. isoHunt ended after a settlement was reached in 2013, stipulating $110 million penalties for damages. The website went offline on 21st October 2013.
7. The current isohunt.to is an incarnation of the previous website.
8. The new alternative has nothing to do with the old staff or owners of the site. It was a separate continuation.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2018 NewsGram