Get subscribed to our newsletter
Get interesting updates to your email inbox.
So, the summers are finally here, and we can’t keep calm because it is the time for raining “Offers”! we can see all e-commerce websites coming up with all kinds of discounts and offers in all kinds of categories – fashion, home furnishing, footwear, accessories, and of course electronic items.
One may observe that summer is the time when there are huge electronic offers especially due to the huge increase in demands like ACS, Coolers, inverters, etc. Shopping electronic goods from online websites is always a wise decision because firstly, you get to explore a wide range of products right sitting at your home, get huge attractive discounts, and thirdly you get quality products delivered at your doorstep which comes with replacement policies and guarantees. Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal, etc. are few of the most famous and trusted e-commerce for this purpose.
Major Offers on Electronics for June 2018
It’s June, and it’s raining offers on electronics like crazy. As already mentioned different e-commerce companies like Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal, E-bay, etc. are giving out massive electronic offers in their respective websites ranging till 80% of discount offers! Now that’s what we call an electrifying deal! The different range of products that falls under this category is Mobile Phones, mobile accessories, health care appliance, laptops, desktops, gaming and computer accessories, television sets, home and kitchen appliances (refrigerators, washing machine, inverters, etc.), cameras and its accessories, and a lot more. So, you can guess it is indeed a never-ending deal list.
Major Products to look at?
Let us have an overview of different products that are being available on the different e-commerce websites;
- Television sets
- Television is one of the most sought out product all the year round. And with the huge electronic offers in summer, the demand increases to an extreme level. The discount offer ranges till at least 70-80% off if not more.
- The major brands which are part of this are MI, VIU, Samsung, LG, Kodak, Micromax, Sony, etc. There is also a wide range of products right starting from Smart TVs – LED, HD, Ultra HD, HD plus, etc.
- The exclusive offers on this product from the different website are as below;
- Amazon – Amazon has a wide range of products and offers in this category. The most amazing offer being the “no cost EMI” and “exchange offer”. Also, there are instant discounts. These offers come with easy, free installation and are delivered right at your doorstep. Hence, they prove to be very much beneficial.
- Flipkart – Flipkart is one of the leading e-commerce websites which is providing massive deals and electronic offers. One can buy HD, FHD TV sets at merely starting range from 13,499/- only! There is also instant discount till 30% or more. Purchasing from Flipkart proves to be beneficial because of home delivery, and great replacement policies and warranty on the product. They also have dedicated 24×7 customer policy which will resolve any of your issues.
- Air Conditioners
- Its summer time, and if anything is being sold like hot cakes is “Air Conditioners”. It has become a common necessity with the soaring temperature.
- Major brands like Voltas, Carrier, Samsung, LG, etc and each of them has amazing offers to provide. There is also a wide product range varying between Window Acs, Split and Inverter ACs.
- The exclusive offers by various e-commerce websites are as follows;
- Snapdeal – Snapdeal yet another one to massive discounts on electronic goods and especially on air conditioners. One can select from a wide range of products of Split AC, Window and Inverter AC. Also, there are varied products depending on the capacity (1 – above2 ton) and depending on its star category (1- 5 star, 5 stars being the best). Also not to forget each comes with an amazing price range and offers.
- Shop clues – Shopclues is already a well known e-commerce website that offers massive, attractive discounts on air conditioners. At Shop clues one will find up to 20% discount on ACs. One will also find all kinds of major air conditioner brands like LG, Voltas, Hitachi, Blue Star, etc.
- All the above proves to be beneficial for the purchasers with different discounts, offers, Pay n delivery options and easy returns.
- Yet another common necessity all the year round is Refrigerators, especially during the summers. These days one will find different brands of fridges with the latest technologies.
- The major brands providing with various discounts on fridges are Panasonic, LG, Intex, Bosch, etc. One will also find a wide variety of product for example; double door top mount, double door bottom mount, French door bottom mount.
- Few of the exclusive offers by top e-commerce websites are ;
- Flipkart – Flipkart is one of the top e-commerce websites right now, and doubt they provide with exclusive offers. Amazing offers like exchange offer, No cost EMI, and special bank offers makes purchasing interesting and beneficial. A wide range of products along with huge electronic offers is enough to make anyone’s summer wonderful.
- Paytm Mall – another emerging yet well-known e-commerce website with amazing deals and offers. One will find a great variety of fridges here. Discount offers till 20% makes purchasing more tempting. Also, one great benefit of purchasing from this website is getting Cashback offers on every purchase.
Delhi-World’s Biggest City: According to UN Delhi Will be World’s Biggest City by 2028
How to avail these electronic offers?
Here is a step-by-step explanation for availing these offers;
- Visit the desired website, e.g. “Flipkart”.
- Click on categories > Electronics > Refrigerators (or any other product)
- Go through all the options available and choose one offer amongst them.
- While checking out make sure you have selected the offer that you want to avail.
- Fill in details and place an order!
As we can clearly see, our summer has just turned more interesting. All these electronic offers from different websites make purchasing more interesting and easy. Now, every electronic that we have imagined is easy to purchase with all these offers. Hence, wait no more and start buying straight away.
By Dr. Vihan Sanyal
Most teenagers use social media accounts like Facebook and Instagram these days. It keeps a person connected to friends across the globe and gives them a window into the lives of people they are connected with.
Multiple studies have shown that teenagers who use social media excessively do so because they are either bored, need an escape from their immediate physical environment, are feeling overwhelmed and stressed, are lonely, have few real-time friends or need to feel appreciated and validated.
Follow NewsGram on Quora Space to get answers to all your questions.
Using social media in moderation isn't bad. In fact, it can help boost serotonin and other feel-good chemicals in the brain and can help uplift a person's mood. Most people take a selfie of themselves and post it on social media, and feel good about themselves when people like their post and comment on it. It becomes a problem when this becomes a habit. Many people feel compelled to post photos of themselves multiple times a day and then keep checking their accounts for the number of likes they have received.
Also Read : Staying up late linked to Asthma in Teenagers
Let's now go a little deeper and see the signs a person, a parent, or a loved one can look for to differentiate between social media usage and addiction. We can safely say a person is addicted to social media when we can spot some of the following:
- If a person is thinking about and talking about social media most of the time.
- If they have formed a ritual of using social media multiple times a day
- If they are using social media instead of attending to other important things in their life.
- If they are procrastinating on other important tasks and using social media instead.
- If they get frustrated and throw anger tantrums if they are unable to use social media
- If there is a fear of missing out on "life" if they don't stay connected on social media
- If social media usage has affected their studies.
- If they keep checking their social media accounts during conversations.
- If a person avoids social events to be on social media.
- If they lie about the time they spend on social media
- If they have not been able to reduce the time they spend on social media.
Multiple studies have shown that teenagers who use social media excessively do so because they are either bored, need an escape from their immediate physical environment, are feeling overwhelmed and stressed, are lonely, have few real-time friends or need to feel appreciated and validated.Unsplash
A Few Tips For Parents
The following things parents have found to be effective in teenage social media addiction:
- Discuss the teenager's use of social media in a non-hostile and loving manner. Keep reminding them that you are coming from a place of concern for their well-being.
- Help them to plan their day and follow the set schedule.
- Set a "no mobile phone" policy at different times of the day/night. No cell phones during meal times, while watching TV, during family time and at bedtime.
- Set tasks that require a person to be busy offline.
- Enroll them in a new hobby.
- Use less of social media yourself to set an example for your teens'.
- Seek help early from a mental health professional.
The use of social media has also resulted in many teenagers globally being subjected to name-calling, harassment, embarrassment, humiliation, stalking, threats and becoming victims of fraud through social media. It has led to a spike in teenage mental health issues and even death.
If a teenager is subjected to any form of online bullying, it can leave a lasting negative impact that can stay with the individual for years to come. The power of social media, in my opinion, is not fully comprehended by many. In school, a person may be subjected to an incident of bullying or harassment, which is usually restricted to a small group of people. Negative or derogative comments about a person posted on social media reach a wider and global audience. It is also permanent, and can be seen by all. This can really damage an individual's self-esteem and level of confidence.
There is also a correlation between excessive social media usage and mental disorders like anxiety, depression, sleep disorders, ADHD, paranoia, delusions, suicidal thoughts, and self-harm. It is very important for users to keep a check on the amount of time they spend on social media. They need to recognise the signs of social media addiction and take the necessary steps quickly to ensure they do not become addicted to social media.
The use of social media has also resulted in many teenagers globally being subjected to name-calling, harassment, embarrassment, humiliation, stalking, threats and becoming victims of fraud through social media. It has led to a spike in teenage mental health issues and even death.Unsplash
How Much Time Should Someone Spend On Social Media
Studies have found that thirty minutes of social media usage helps give a boost to a person's mood, while using social media for more than two hours a day can increase the risk of developing depressive symptoms. One needs to strike a balance and use social media tools effectively. When social media platforms are used responsibly, then they become a source of enjoyment and fulfilment. They can help a person feel good about themselves, help them stay socially connected with friends globally, connect with other like-minded people, share ideas and thoughts, and stay informed of current affairs. They are also made aware of social events and have the opportunity to demonstrate their talents and skills.
What Can You Do If You Are Addicted To Social Media?
There are many effective modalities in psychotherapy that can help young adults break free from the excessive use of social media. Here are some effective tools professionals use to help people:
Counselling: Mental health counselling allows a person to explore their inner feelings and emotions in a safe and non-judgemental environment. It promotes awareness and helps a person come up with alternative options to deal with the situation.
CBT: CBT stands for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. CBT helps a person to recognise unhelpful thoughts and the errors they are making in their thinking. A trained CBT professional help clients recognise such thoughts and help them to correct the errors they may be making in thinking. This helps to correct the behaviour and results in better moods and feelings.
Mindfulness: Mindfulness is another very effective way to help build awareness and reduce hyperactivity and restlessness. Mindfulness helps people become more grounded and cantered and recognise their feelings and emotions. Many underlying emotions are allowed to surface and be released.
It is important to connect with a mental health professional who can help in this area and help a person live a fuller and more meaningful life. Social media use and abuse has increased during the pandemic, and many are struggling to reduce time spent on social media. Sometimes it's not something a person may be able to achieve by themselves. External professional help may be required.
Keywords : social media, teenager, impact, mental health, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tiktok, addiction, bullying, anxiety, sleeping disorders, harassment, paranoia, delusion.
- Dark side of Social Media: Is opinion formation on Facebook, Twitter ... ›
- The Other Side Of Social Media - NewsGram - Lens to India from ... ›
N. Lothungbeni Humtsoe
Ayurveda, as mentioned, is the science of life. It is not just a set of general suggestions but a way of living life. It consists of set practices and lifestyle habits that work to make one healthy, both physically and mentally. Additionally, the herbs and medicines as prescribed in Ayurveda, are wholly natural and retain the ability to cure most diseases without any side effects.
Ayush Agrawal, Founder and Director of Rasayanam shares some prominent herbs that are renowned for their use in matters of health and wellness are discussed as follows-
Ashwagandha - Ashwagandha, by reducing the cortisol levels, helps control anxiety and stress. Its use is significant in calming the body and psyche of an individual and also helps in regulating blood sugar and cholesterol levels. Ashwagandha is also popularly consumed as a vigor and strength supplement. Further, it aids muscle mass gain and boosts energy levels in people from all age brackets.
Follow NewsGram on Twitter to stay updated about the World news.
Triphala - This over 1000-year-old remedy constitutes three principal ingredients of Amla, Bibhitaki, and Haritaki which are some of the most famous medicinal plants native to the country. Known for its anti-inflammatory and laxative properties, Triphala is also considered particularly helpful in preventing dental diseases and cavities as well as digestive problems. The many medicinal properties of this herb are what make it so well accepted and preached throughout the country.
Brahmi - Brahmi is primarily used for its significant impact on the brain and its functioning. It is said to improve the brain's retention and memory power as well as its spatial learning abilities. Brahmi is commonly utilized to treat and control symptoms of anxiety, stress, and ADHD. Additionally, it is also consumed to reduce inflammation and lower blood pressure levels.
Also Read : Ways to ensure Proper Nutrition in your Diet
Cumin - This wonder spice is best known for its anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps to regulate blood sugar and cholesterol levels and thereby aids weight loss. The rich antioxidant content of cumin acts to protect the skin against free radicals which in turn helps to prevent skin and heart-related diseases.
Different spices and herbs displayed on a tableUnsplash
Turmeric - Turmeric is a famously utilized Indian spice that is best known for its medicinal properties. A prime active ingredient found in turmeric is curcumin. As per the ancient Ayurvedic wisdom, curcumin works to balance the three doshas of Vata, Pitta, and Kapha in the human body. Further, it also brings relief to joint and muscle pain and tightness. Another typical usage of turmeric is to heal wounds and bruises. Lastly, it is used to prevent and alleviate symptoms of colds and sore throats.
Cardamom - Cardamom has been traditionally consumed as a mouth freshener and a remedy for dental problems. It fights off the mouth bacteria and leaves the person consuming it with a minty breath. This magic spice is also popular throughout India for its many antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which help in lowering blood pressure levels and preventing chronic diseases such as cancer.
Bitter melon - With its rich Vitamin C content, bitter melon is considered helpful in healing wounds, preventing diseases, and assisting bone formation. It is also believed to regulate the secretion of insulin in humans and thereby aid the balancing of blood sugar levels. Lastly, bitter melon may carry weight loss properties.
Safed Musli - It is a refreshing, regenerating health tonic that is consumed in India for its several beneficial properties. Safed muesli is believed to boost immunity levels, control symptoms of chronic diseases such as arthritis and diabetes, and aid weight loss and muscle gain in individuals. Speculations have also been made with regard to the benefits of this useful herb in sexual health.
Valerian root - The Valerian roots are believed to alleviate symptoms of anxiety and stress. This they do by increasing the GABA levels in a person's body. GABA is a pacifying chemical produced in humans, and as its level increases, a person's mind becomes calmer. The roots are also packed with antioxidants that relax the body and mind and facilitate quality sleep. The valerian roots are a proven help to people who suffer from problems such as overwhelming stress, worry, or insomnia.
Herbs and spices are not only packed with medicinal benefits but are also delicious in taste and come with virtually no side effects. This quality of these items makes them extremely valuable in today's day where a large number of people suffer from some disease or the other.
Keywords : herbs, spices, health, Ayurveda, science, lifestyle, cure, disease, healthy, physically, mentally, Ashwagandha, Triphala, Brahmi, Cumin, Turmeric, Cardamom, Bitter Melon, Safed Musli, Valerian root, boost, immunity.
- World Mental Health Day: An Understanding About Caregivers ... ›
- Card Games Have a Positive Impact on Mental Health - NewsGram ... ›
By Shraddha Iyer
With everyone's hectic schedules, we don't even notice how quickly a day passes and our health suffers as a result. How do you incorporate yoga into your daily routine with such a hectic schedule, and what can you practice?
For all the workaholics out there, here are some simple and efficient yogic techniques to get in shape. It only takes 15 minutes, and you don't even have to leave the house. These asanas can be done from where you are sitting and during short work breaks.
Follow NewsGram on Instagram to keep yourself updated.
Sukha Purvaka Pranayama
This pranayama is effortless breathing that focuses on breathing deeply into each section of the lungs, as the name says. There is a strong emphasis on both internal and exterior breath retention.
- Simply breathe in for 4 to 6 counts, filling the lungs up.
- Hold the breath, ideally for the same count, or it can be as long as you can.
- Exhale for 4 to 6 counts, holding the breath out for the same time or as long as you can.
- This completes one round.
- You can start with 10 rounds and increase the repetition with practice.
Also Read : Benefits of a balanced sleep routine
This pranayama is excellent for increasing the lung capacity, hence improving the oxygen level in the body along with the multitude of benefits it can give to mental and physical health. As a result, focus at work is improved benefit for all the workaholics, isn't it?
These asanas can be done from where you are sitting and during short work breaks.Unsplash
The Eagle Stance, also known as Chair Garudasana, is a balancing pose. You will feel a stretch in your shoulders, upper back, and thighs as you perform this sitting in your office chair. This stretch will relax your body and is a great way to unwind after a long day at work.
- Sit at the edge of the chair with your feet on the floor.
- Breath in to bend your elbows and open your arms.
- As you exhale, bring the right knee over the left.
- Send the right toe at the back of the calf muscles. Simultaneously, bring the left elbow under the right and single - or double rap the palms.
- Stay in this pose for 3 to 5 deep breaths.
- You can repeat it on the other side.
This pose is excellent for stretching the posterior chain of the body along with the triceps.
It is great to increase focus and release anxiety.
The Sanskrit words Pawan means air, Mukta means free, and asana means posture, therefore Chair Pawanmuktasana (Gas Releasing Pose) is derived from them. This position is beneficial to your digestive system, thus it relieves the discomfort that we typically have after our lunch break, which disrupts our work.
- Sit at the edge of the chair with your spine elongated and your feet on the floor.
- Breathe in and bend the right knee and hug the right shin as you exhale, reducing the distance between the abdomen and thigh.
- Stay here for 3 to 5 breaths and with every exhalation, keep elongating the spine and pressing the thigh towards the abdomen.
- Repeat the same on the other leg. You can practise this 3 to 5 times and increase the repetitions with practice.
This asana improves and regulates digestion and helps release excess air in the digestive system.
It also helps strengthen the core muscles and aids weight loss.
You now have great yogic practices at your disposal to keep you healthy on the fly. These are easy to do and may be done anywhere and at any time. Unsplash
Chair Vakrasana, also known as the Half Twisted Pose, is a practice that most of us have been practising unconsciously because it feels so good. Back discomfort is relieved and side fat is reduced as you twist on both sides. If you work for long hours, this is a perfect asana to do every 2-3 hours.
- Sit at the edge of the chair with your feet on the floor, knee and ankle in line with each other.
- Breathe in, raise your hands up and, as you exhale, twist to the right with the right hand on the head of the chair and the left hand on the outside of the right thigh.
- Use the resistance of your hands to press the right shoulder back to bring the shoulders into one line.
- Stay in this pose for 3 to 5 breaths and with every inhalation, lengthen the spine and twist deeper with every exhalation.
- Repeat the same on both sides. You can repeat this asana 3 to 5 times and slowly increase the repetition with practice.
This pose is like a boon to your spine, it helps keep the spinal column healthy and supple.
This also helps improve digestion, and keeps the internal organs healthy.
Chair Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bending Pose) is a stretch that targets your back and hamstrings while stretching your complete body. When you're in this position, both your mind and body feel at ease. Your body's blood circulation relaxes you and offers you the energy to return to work with a clear head. You won't have to worry about belly fat because it focuses on the core.
- While sitting at the edge of the chair, straighten the legs as much as possible and keep the heels on the floor.
- Breathe in to raise your arms up, breath out to hinge from the hip while keeping the back straight and fold forward as much as possible. If this is too difficult one can also simply fold forward with bent knees.
- Stay here for 3 to 5 breaths and try to deepen the fold with every exhalation.
- Repeat this 3 times and with practice increase the reps.
This pose helps stretch the back muscles and improves the function of the digestive system.
It is perfect to release anxiety and brings you to a very calm state of mind.
Alternatively, you can utilise our SARVA app. Many soundtracks for relaxation and guided meditation are available on our app and can be accessed anytime, anywhere. You now have great yogic practices at your disposal to keep you healthy on the fly. These are easy to do and may be done anywhere and at any time. Don't let your hectic schedule keep you from being healthy; instead, apply these tips and take the first step now.
Keywords : Steps, benefits, yoga, workaholic, sitting, chair, breathing, stress, anxiety, asana, strengthen, pranayam, hectic.
- The Yoga Debate: Traditional vs Modern - NewsGram - Lens to India ... ›
- Yoga In the Times Of A World Pandemic Can Be A Saviour ... ›